I am interested in hearing from anyone that has an otterbox for the BB. Especially those with a tour or something very similar.

BlackBerry Tour // OtterBox.com

There are two choices on the link above. Any constructive comments regarding which one to choose (pros\cons) would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    07-17-09 08:25 PM
    If you search for otterbox you will find a number of threads.

I've got what I will call the original for the 8830. It is an armored tank. It does appreciably increase the size/bulk of the unit. It protects the keyboard and remainder with a clear membrane embossed with the key pattern so it does not really interfere with typing. It makes it very dust proof and adds to its water resistance - it is NOT waterproof.

I don't know about the new solely rubber shell - obviously less protective.
    07-17-09 08:41 PM
    When do these come out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 08:54 PM
    F2 covered the Defender series, which I love and have had for every Berry I've owned so I'll cover the Impact: its a skin. Really that's about it. It has a honeycomb like construction for the corners which is nice but really, its a thicker than normal skin.

07-17-09 09:00 PM
    Good replies. Much appreciated.

I am wondering if the BB-Curve Otterboxes will fit the Tour. Maybe the question that should be asked is: Are the dimensions of the BB-Curve the same as the Tour? Anyone that has used a Curve case for Tour, your comments \ lessons learned would be appreciated.

Not sure if F2 has tried using a Tour inside his 8830 case.
    07-18-09 07:03 AM
    I think there huge but i guess if you need the protection then whatever suits you.
    07-18-09 07:30 AM
    I think I'll try the new impact for my Tour.

07-18-09 07:32 AM
    Good replies. Much appreciated.

I am wondering if the BB-Curve Otterboxes will fit the Tour. Maybe the question that should be asked is: Are the dimensions of the BB-Curve the same as the Tour? Anyone that has used a Curve case for Tour, your comments \ lessons learned would be appreciated.

Not sure if F2 has tried using a Tour inside his 8830 case.
    No. OtterBox's are made for specific devices.

07-18-09 07:45 AM
    Anyone venture a guess as to whether or not the Tour with an Impact skin will still fit in the VZW provided holster case?
    07-18-09 08:37 AM
    Anyone venture a guess as to whether or not the Tour with an Impact skin will still fit in the VZW provided holster case?
    I would guess, no. Unless you get a bigger holster. As an example: 8900 (smaller than 9630) with normal, non-OtterBox sized skin, fits perfectly in my 9000 (larger than 9630) OEM holster

07-18-09 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD