would someone who is familiar with the otterbox's for the 9900, please give me a suggestion on which i should buy?

1- Defender?

2- Commuter?

3- Impact?

I have read the descriptions on the otterbox website, but i was looking for some first hand experience. I'm not clumby with my phone, but im not derek jeter, so i drop my phone every once and a while...i want the case that will give me the best protection, without being the size of a brick if you know what i mean...

curious ...any feedback is appreciated...i just want input on otterbox's please.

thanks in advance for your time and input,

Niiko
    09-06-11 02:48 AM
    I had the Commuter Series on my Curve 8530 and wanna get it for my Bold (but my mother wants to make it a Christmas present so I'll get something else HA!!).
    I LOVED it. I'm disabled and don't get around much. BUT...I'm disabled and tend to drop stuff a lot...HA!!!!!...anywoo, I digress...Otterbox is great 'cause they literally have STAGES of protection...go for the Commuter!!!...IMHO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 03:01 AM
    Commuter.
    Although I might do well with the defender, I can't stand a thick phone.
    I run parkour and therefore need a strong case.
    My commuter has been broken, but after a quick email to Otterbox, they shipped me a new one free of charge.

09-06-11 06:42 AM
    My Commuter is on order. Perfect balance of protection, sleekness, and functionality. I will say the Defender did tempt me for the 99, because it's so slim to begin with, but the Commuter won out again. I hope it will fit in my 9000 holster. I gotta have a holster with magnet sleeper support.

09-06-11 06:51 AM
    It depends.
    09-06-11 06:53 AM
    I received my Commuter case this past weekend, and love the fit and feel of it. I have a screen protector as well. The Commuter doesn't add to much bulk and still fits easily into my jean pockets. It definitely has a perfect fit to the 9930/9900. The only thing that I worry about is, dropping it and the screen hitting something and cracking, but that would be worst case scenario. If you are a heavy user or rough on your phones then I would say spring for the defender, but for the everyday, normal user, I feel the commuter is perfect. But as others have stated it is a personal preference.
    09-06-11 07:45 AM
    I had the defender for my 9700 and previous BBs. I ran into trouble with the holster on the 9700 where the arms holding in the phone would break. After 2 replacements I moved on to a new case, its made me paranoid of using Otterbox again. I ordered a case mate for my 9900.
    09-06-11 08:05 AM
    Had an otterbox defender for my 9650 - best case and holster I have ever owned.

Purchased a defender for my 9900 and am disappointed. Rubber skin doesnt fit tight and the holster is now a clip in and not a slide in mechanic. Probably would do better with a commuter or impact but it is what it is.
    09-06-11 08:33 AM
    ............. love the fit and feel of it. I have a screen protector as well. The Commuter doesn't add to much bulk and still fits easily into my jean pockets. It definitely has a perfect fit to the 9930/9900. The only thing that I worry about is, dropping it and the screen hitting something and cracking, but that would be worst case scenario. If you are a heavy user or rough on your phones then I would say spring for the defender, but for the everyday, normal user, I feel the commuter is perfect. But as others have stated it is a personal preference.
    I couldn't have put it better myself.
    09-06-11 09:14 AM
    Have the Commuter and just love it. It's too bulky at all and also fits in my pockets. U don't need to worry as much when u drop ur phone with the commuter installed
    09-06-11 10:38 AM
    From what I understand from your post you would do better with a commuter. I personally have one on my 9900 and it feels wounderful. Its good protection for the odd drop but it adds little bulk. Its about as thick as a 8530 with a skin on it so it should fit into the pocket. This case is amazing.

09-06-11 01:36 PM
    Commuter is pretty much a perfect case...
    09-06-11 01:43 PM
    Commuter is pretty much a perfect case...

+1 I have to agree
    09-06-11 02:28 PM
    My brother has the Commuter on his 9900, Its definitely sleek and more than functional. After seeing it, it has made me want to get the Commuter for my 9860 when it comes out.
    09-06-11 03:02 PM
    so i went with the general consensus and just picked up my commuter...you all were definitely right...its awesome....thanks again for all the input and help
    09-06-11 04:58 PM
    Am iI the only one finding the commuter case ultra slippery? Makes it more prone to be dropped.
    Use the Impact if you want the whole thing to feel like rubber. That has it's downsides though.
    09-12-11 02:29 PM
    Just got my Commuter. I love it. 2 complaints.
    1. NO multicolored (yet). Black on black is COOL...BUT...you don't get the look of the double protection
    2. The silver aluminum is hidden.
    Its STILL great though!!!!

09-12-11 03:36 PM
    Love it STILL!
    09-12-11 04:04 PM
    Had an otterbox defender for my 9650 - best case and holster I have ever owned.

Purchased a defender for my 9900 and am disappointed. Rubber skin doesnt fit tight and the holster is now a clip in and not a slide in mechanic. Probably would do better with a commuter or impact but it is what it is.
    This.

i too am a little disappointed by the defender for my 9930. Its definitely taking some getting used too over the one i had for my 9650. The thing is built like a tank and will definitely protect the phone, but its sort of a pain to use at times. I'm gonna give it some time and see if it breaks in a little but if it doesn't then I'll probably opt for the commuter.
    09-12-11 04:22 PM
    I used to have a commuter on my 9700 stopped using it after a few weeks as I didn't like the bulk it added.

Have the OEM soft shell on my 9900 atm, but after reading some of the posts about the commuter for this, I may have to invest in it.

What are the buttons for the volume and convenience keys like to press? They're quite tough on the case I hate atm
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BBFTW88; 09-12-11 at 06:05 PM.
    09-12-11 05:59 PM
    I have a Commuter - love it, except I wanted to use my BB desktop charger, which is impossible, given how tough it it to get the case on and off each night, unlike the Commuter I have for my 9780, which comes off and goes on in under 5 seconds.
    09-12-11 07:16 PM
    The Commuter is tight and tough to get on/off for sure...it has given my Bold a solid feel...being made in Mexico (4or5 not sure) I really lucked out 'cause my Bold was SOOO well made...I DID want a dock charger BUT I'll live without it...the mute/pause key WAS tough to get to BUT the Commuter solved that

09-12-11 07:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD