I have the otterbox case for my storm. I really like the case, but I have people telling me I sound muffled when I am talking to them. Its fine when the case is off. Anyone else having this issue? And could you take a drill bit and open the mic hole just a little
    07-25-09 10:46 AM
    no problem here since i got it.
    07-25-09 10:48 AM
    I have the otterbox case for my storm. I really like the case, but I have people telling me I sound muffled when I am talking to them. Its fine when the case is off. Anyone else having this issue? And could you take a drill bit and open the mic hole just a little

What OS are you running?
    07-25-09 11:21 AM
    I do not have this issue, but if I did, I would drill out the mic hole a little bigger. It's not going to efect your warranty. OtterBox is way too customer service oriented to penalize you (unless you ruined it while drilling...probably impossible though) for making their device work better.
    07-25-09 11:22 AM
    I've only had the phone for about a month and I am running the OS that came on the phone. 151 or 148?
    Last edited by amjackson; 07-25-09 at 12:11 PM.
    07-25-09 11:54 AM
    I had the same issue and drilled the hole a little wider, but it didn't make much of a difference.
    07-25-09 12:20 PM
    I find that it does cover the mic a bit, but I find that if my move the plastic parts of the case a bit I can get the storm mic and the case mic port to line up properly.
    07-25-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD