I have an otterbox defender and commuter. I took the keyboard protector from the defender and use it with commuter. How many of you actually use a keyboard protector? Would you rather have it or not?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 10:09 AM
    I just got my Otterbox Defender the other day. I put the keyboard protector on just to sse if I would like it, and it really doesn't interfere with my typing so I'm going to leave it on and see how it works after awhile.
    10-15-09 10:17 AM
    I have been using the OB with the keyboard protector for 8 months. My only complaint is they do not (or atleast didn't last I checked) offer replacements. Mine is getting tired and the opening for the TB is no longer round more oval. Otherwise all is well.
    10-15-09 10:28 AM
    I have a question about the otterbox cases. I have a Tour and have several cases but all of them seem in the way of the outer row of keys. I was wondering if you guys have had any problems with the case interring with the outer row of keys on the keyboard. I type on my keyboard a lot and would like your guys opinion
    10-20-09 10:10 PM
    The OB cover seems really nice fit on the keypad.
    10-20-09 10:25 PM
    Thanks Bond J, are you talking about the Commuter or the Defender. Just wondering, I really like the whole idea of the Defender, it just looks like its bulky around the keyboard.
    10-20-09 10:28 PM
    I have been using the OB with the keyboard protector for 8 months. My only complaint is they do not (or atleast didn't last I checked) offer replacements. Mine is getting tired and the opening for the TB is no longer round more oval. Otherwise all is well.
    I assume you mean that they don't offer them for sale. All you need to do is call or email Otterbox and they will send you a replacement keyboard protector free of charge as part of their lifetime warranty.
    To answer the OP, I use the defender case WITH the keyboard protector. The only time I used my Pearl without the keyboard being covered, it got trashed by a tiny amout of water on the keyboard. Since then its only covered keyboards for me! I just bought a skin for my curve that covers the keyboard. It has raised rubber keys and actually makes it easier to type. I think its a Case Mate. Its not as much protection as an Otterbox, but for most folks it would be great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by wallpaperguy; 10-20-09 at 10:57 PM.
    10-20-09 10:53 PM
    There is no keyboard protector with the commuter case. The Defender case isn't as bulky as people claim it to be. I like it. With the commuter case I've hide slight problems, it puts pressure on my phone from sides so I see screen ripples not with the defender though.
    10-20-09 11:00 PM
    how do you have a keyboard protector ? i wanna see one of those .
    10-20-09 11:03 PM
    I just switched from the Curve 8330 with Sprint to the Tour with Verizon and so far I love it. Based on what I've read, I also purchased the OtterBox Defender. The case is a little bulky but that's a small trade off to me considering the protection it offers the device. That being said, I can't charge it while in the Defender using my iGo tips because the iGo tips won't fit through the space provided for the charging port.

Does anyone know of any other cases that will offer similar protection as the Otterboxes but not force me to have to spend $30 on a car charger and another $30 on a spare home/travel charger? I really grew to enjoy not having to spend so much on chargers and just grab a new tip for $10 if I need it when I upgrade my phones.
    10-21-09 07:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD