it is definitely VERY bulky. VERY. my blackberry looks like a Hummer.
    i do like the way it feels in the hand. the keys work good with it on.

but i put the belt clip on it, that comes with it, and the bb "juts" out just waaaay too far, it almost looks silly to wear on my waist.

i did order the nylon/velcro case too, and it's ok, except they didnt say that the clip is not a squeezie clip, but the kind meant for actually hooking around a BELT. (i dont wear belts-i wear scrubs to work). but it is "tight" enough that i can still hang it off my jeans or scrubs, but it's hooked/ledged at the bottom, so not so cool. (dont know how to explain it, the hook/ledged thing...its just not a clippy thang)...

overall i like it, but will use my leather TMobile vertical case with magnetic closure and sleeper mode probably more often........
    04-02-08 10:41 PM
    ya i was thinking about buying one but i was afraid it would be to bulky
    04-02-08 10:47 PM
    Yeah thats what I thought about before when I was considering a case/holster, the way it would hang on my scrubs/pants. I'm with you on this I like the t-mobile one, it works fine for now.
    04-02-08 11:15 PM
    yes the T Mobile one is really ideal. its well padded, slimlined, and with sleeper mode, and easy access, and light.
    i will probably end up putting my bb in it more than the otterbox.

Yeah thats what I thought about before when I was considering a case/holster, the way it would hang on my scrubs/pants. I'm with you on this I like the t-mobile one, it works fine for now.
    04-02-08 11:30 PM
    TexasCowgirl, I bought a Speck Clear case from the T-Mobile store in Austin for $9.95 and I like it very much. By the way, where are you in Texas?
    04-03-08 12:34 AM
    i will check that out too! can never have too many accessories.
    i am in coryell county just about an hour north of ya! hey neighbor!

TexasCowgirl, I bought a Speck Clear case from the T-Mobile store in Austin for $9.95 and I like it very much. By the way, where are you in Texas?
    04-03-08 07:27 PM
    Otterbox is definitely bulky and not for everyone. I swear by mine and wouldn't use anything else. I own a wholesale/retail beer distributor and a liquor store so with all the lifting and moving of cases I do it is truley protected in the otterbox. It has saved my curve numerous times, again though it is not for everyone!
    04-03-08 08:23 PM
    nice write up i guess i have to pimp my bb now
    04-06-08 06:47 PM
    I do eventually want one, because it DOES make it look like a Hummer. =)
    04-07-08 02:36 PM
    I have OB cases for my 8700 and 8300...I think these cases are solid...these guys really know how to make 'em!
    04-07-08 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD