I will start by saying that I have had the OtterBox Impact case on my S2 since the day I bought it. At that time, it was the most inexpensive case available other than the OEM silicone ones that I have not had good luck with in the past. The Otterbox offers great protection, and I have actually dropped my phone and watched it bounce off of a hardwood floor with no damage while wearing it. While this is impressive, I never liked the way the sides of the case around the screen were loose and the fact that the material it is made of pulled EVERYTHING out of my pockets with it. After reading numerous positive reviews of the Epik line of cases on this forum/other websites, i decided to check them out for myself. I ordered from a CB member at this website to avoid the 3 week shipping time on e-bay. I must say that i am absolutely blown away. The quality seems great, and the fit is so good it seems like part of the phone once it is on. I have used cases from Seidio, Incipio, Case-Mate, and OtterBox in the past and i would put the fit/finish of the Epik case easily on par with them, at 1/3-1/5th the price! The material it is made out of is very interesting. It is not sticky enough to pull things out of your pocket but it does offer nice grip. The combination of a hard yet flexible material also allows you to avoid the snaps that so often wear out on other brands while still offering more protection than silicone.

And now for the pics! my digi cam is dead so i had to use the BB for all of these, that's why there are no pics of the cases on the phone, but enjoy!

I will keep everyone updated on the quality over the future, but i must say that i am more than happy with the Epik case at this point. And hey, at $7.50 from the website i gave, or half that on e-bay if you're willing to wait a few weeks, you really can't go wrong!
    01-11-10 04:36 PM
    Thanks for the pictures and quick comparison. Too bad I already ordered the OtterBox, but at least it'll come with a screen protector (still using my Storm2 naked).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-10 04:58 PM
    Thanks for the pictures and quick comparison. Too bad I already ordered the OtterBox, but at least it'll come with a screen protector (still using my Storm2 naked).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i have nothing against OtterBox. the case performed exactly as it said it would, i just value form over protection. as shallow as that may sound, it's same reason i don't use a screen protector! i had a Zagg invisible shield on my 8330 screen and really liked it, but i took the one i ordered for my S2 off in less than a week. there's just something about the way the OEM glass feels under your finger that just can't be replicated by a cover. i've also heard that the S1/S2 screen is pretty much unscratchable. i can't back that up 100% but i can say that i do carry mine in my pocket with change/keys all day every day and there are 0 scratches on my screen, so take that for what it's worth.
    01-11-10 06:27 PM
    The otter box impact is a good case, i am just more biased towards the epic case. Not only since i own it and use it but I already dropped my phone twice and the epic case still protected it.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 01-11-10 at 07:22 PM.
    01-11-10 07:08 PM
    Moving to Community Reviews section.
    01-11-10 07:14 PM
    I have the epik case. ordered it on ebay waited about two weeks and finally got it. i love it so far my only issue would be getting used to having to push down harder to lock the device. however other then that this case is very lightweight and feels good in my hand. no problem sliding in and out of pocket either.
    01-12-10 01:28 AM
    day 3 update:

i have now dropped the phone twice in my epik case and there is 0 damage. once was about 3 feet onto hardwood and the other was from my lap onto pavement but neither damaged the phone or the case! other people have been very impressed by the quality as well. i have had 3 separate people ask me if there was even a case on the phone when i handed it to them because of the material it is made of and the way it fits the phone seamlessly. too bad i won't get any commission from epik because i know i have sent at least 2 83XX users, 3 tour users, 1 S1 user, and 1 *gasp* iphone user their way.
    01-14-10 08:12 PM
    Does anyone have any pics with the epik case on the phone?
    01-28-10 12:34 PM
    Does anyone have any pics with the epik case on the phone?
    Here ya go:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f145/ep...ml#post4576240
    01-28-10 04:15 PM
    ZAGG is half off on Memorial Day.

After the sale is over you can get 20-50% off discount codes at facebook.com/zaggcodes or codes4discount.com
    05-31-10 01:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD