The Otterbox impact silicone case is a great case to start out. I have currently had another silicone case for when i am around the house and i really did not like it and was having plenty of trouble with it so i was not going to purchase another one. As of yesterday when my replacement otterbox defender came in i also got the impact case as well.

First off taking it out of the package it looks great and went on my tour first and has been on since. Great feel nice and smooth then a slighty bumpy where your fingers rest (not sure if that was on purpose but i like it)

Also this came with a screen protector as well so those of you looking for a case and screen guard this was the case to get.

The silicone in the corners is a bit thicker as should be for the better protection and then thinner in the parts of the phone that are less vulnerable.

All buttons on the phone are easy to press and its easy access (last silicone case was a pain to get the phone to sleep and wake up). It has all the proper cut outs for speakers, usb, and more and they dont make for a tight fit as in for your charger or headphone jack.

The silicone case doesnt cover all of the chrome bezel or whichever color you may have nothing to major i am thinking its so it doesnt bother people when they type because it is curved more around the keyboard. This is not much of a gap it is there for those of you that are picky.

As for you that dont like a silicone case in the pocket because it tends to stick and its a pain to get out i have tried it in dress pants and jeans and it was easy to get out unlike my other.

As for lint i havent seen it grab much of it. The cover is black so anything that gets on you can pretty much see but i get less with this cover than my other.

Those of you that like to use the belt clip that the phone came with and a silicone case might be in luck. I was able to get it into the case without much stress but i never really used mine so mine is still snug. So it does fit and im sure after more time it will be able to fit.

Overall a very very great feeling case right of the box. Fits great in the hands, looks great as well and functions better than the other case i had. Here are a few pictures of the case and as you can tell it looks clean. Hope this helps and if i missed something you caught and i didnt please pm me so i can edit this thanks

PS. Sorry for no video i cant throw this one down the stairs like the other.
    Last edited by benatrrgolf; 08-06-09 at 01:24 PM. Reason: pictures
    08-06-09 01:10 PM
    great review!
    08-06-09 01:13 PM
    Thanks for the review. :-) Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait!
    08-06-09 06:26 PM
    you should enjoy my favorite case so far and i have 4
    08-06-09 06:53 PM
    Can you post some pics of the phone in the case? Thanks
    08-06-09 08:31 PM
    I have this case and have no complaints so far. I like the feel and i feel safer with it. Looks great and is everything you could ask for in a $19.99 case.
    08-06-09 08:35 PM
    Thanks for the review. I had one come free with my replacement Defender as well. How was the screen protector? Was it easy to put on? Would you need to take it off if you moved the phone to the Defender case?
    08-06-09 09:18 PM
    For the poster who asked for pictures of the phone in the case...

You beat me to it, I was going to do a review and comparison to the OtterBox Defender but seems a little pointless now.

But honestly, the OtterBox Impact Series is for those who do not want a big case but still want the protection that is synonomous with the OtterBox name. This case is the best "soft silicon" case out there and even comes with a screen protector. If you fancy a better screen protector or have problems with it, then just put a PhantomSkinz Screen protector on it and your good to go.

You can see in the pictures, I compared it to the size of the OtterBox Defender Series, which is why I said I was going to a comparison review and a review on the Impact in the same thread. Also, in the pictures, you can see the 'grip' that the OP was talking about.
    08-06-09 09:35 PM
    Otterbox sent me a second generation Otterbox Defender and Impact cases for free. I received them yesterday via UPS Ground shipment. This afternoon, I took the old Defender case off and installed the new Impact case. I like the Impact case better than the Defender case but I will lose a Defender "protection."

Two thumbs up for Otterbox. GREAT PRODUCTS AND COMPANY!!!

BTW, "Great review!"
    08-06-09 09:36 PM
    Thanks for the review. I had one come free with my replacement Defender as well. How was the screen protector? Was it easy to put on? Would you need to take it off if you moved the phone to the Defender case?
    More than likely, yes, you'll have to take it off if you went to the Defender case instead. I tried it with the PhantomSkinz screen protector, and while it is a little thicker, you develop like a 'water mark' on the screen when the two plastics interact.
    08-06-09 09:36 PM
    More than likely, yes, you'll have to take it off if you went to the Defender case instead. I tried it with the PhantomSkinz screen protector, and while it is a little thicker, you develop like a 'water mark' on the screen when the two plastics interact.
    Nope I left my screen protector that came with the Impact case on and then put the Defender on top of it. No water mark to speak of.
    08-06-09 10:14 PM
    Otterbox sent me a second generation Otterbox Defender and Impact cases for free. I received them yesterday via UPS Ground shipment. This afternoon, I took the old Defender case off and installed the new Impact case. I like the Impact case better than the Defender case but I will lose a Defender "protection."

Two thumbs up for Otterbox. GREAT PRODUCTS AND COMPANY!!!

BTW, "Great review!"
    Honestly I don't know how anyone is buying anything but Otterbox products. Especially now that they are expanding the Commuter series as well.
    08-06-09 10:14 PM
    Found this for under $10 at Amazon.
    Just letting you guys know.
    08-06-09 10:33 PM
    To the op, you really think the tour will fit in the supplied holster with the impact case on? Cause if so I will definently be buying one. You think you could post a picture of it in the impact case inside the holster? Thanks!
    08-06-09 11:12 PM
    It should fit in the OEM holster that comes with the device. The regular silicon ones fit and the OtterBox Impact just has some extra padding on the corners mainly to help protect it.
    08-06-09 11:22 PM
    Nope I left my screen protector that came with the Impact case on and then put the Defender on top of it. No water mark to speak of.
    That's good to know. Did you push down on the screen? Like if you were talking on the phone, you know how your ear hits the screen. See if it happens then, that's the only time I had the water mark on when I had the PhantomSkinz screen protector on mine. Then again, the PS one is consderably thicker.
    08-06-09 11:23 PM
    I will be able to post pictures with it in holster i did put it in and it did fit tight squeeze not forceful but they do give a little after use and i havent used my holster case it came with so mine is snug so after it being able to fit im sure after a week or so it wont be a problem at all. I will try to have pics up as soon as i can. Thanks Graffix for the other pictures im currently running on my tour camera only as of now and wanted pictures like that. Funny thing is i had to put the camera on normal because the pictures were to big and nice in superfine LOL 3.2 and looks better
    08-06-09 11:29 PM
    It was very easy to put on comes with cloth too for cleaning the screen before hand. And going from case to case the screen protector is fine to keep on or at least i havent gotten any problems but i have heard of the other invisible shields and ps making some type of water mark but those i believe are thicker than normal so yeah
    08-06-09 11:32 PM
    The fit in the oem holster with the Impact case on is a little too snug for my taste, but it fits great in the Nite Ize Rugged Case:

http://shop.crackberry.com/nite-ize-...medium=content

I've got a Defender due in tomorrow and I'll have to decide which option I like better, Impact + Nite Ize Rugged or the Defender.

*ETA, many thanks to you guys for posting these reviews about Otterbox. Color me impressed with both their products and their service.
    Last edited by heelsbigc; 08-06-09 at 11:48 PM.
    08-06-09 11:43 PM
    Thanks for the pics and reviews. The Impact seems like just the ticket for me. Otterbox sounds like a great company and I am happy to be giving them my business.
    08-07-09 12:06 AM
    GREAT case. HIGHLY recommended. Just got it today and just like what everyone else is saying, great case right out of the box. Also, great review!
    08-18-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD