Has anyone tried using the Otterbox Impact (all-silicone case) on a Storm2 9550 with a 2600 extended battery?

There is no case designed specifically for the Storm2 with an extended battery. I've tried using my Storm2 without a case, but the side buttons are too easily pressed accidentally. And it doesn't feel "right" semi-naked - slippery and fragile.

Earlier threads said the Otterbox Defender case (with a hard outer shell) could be modified to accommodate the extended battery shape. A square hole is cut into back the hard case where the battery cover extends. The silicone inner lining then stretches around the battery area, extending through the hole, providing protection.

I don't want to waste time getting the Impact case if it won't stretch over the battery area AND keep the button covers alligned properly. I really appreciate any input on this.

05-11-10 10:50 AM
    Truth is I haven't heard of one not to say there's not one, I have the pics if you need them you can't tell that the battery is there. Give me an email and I will send them right out .
    05-11-10 02:06 PM
    Impact won't work, it'll stretch enough for it to have a loose grip of the device making the cover and protection unbalanced.
    05-11-10 03:07 PM
    I read in another thread that the Epik case (the silicone one) will work, but Epik people say probably not. Anyone have input on this?
    05-11-10 03:15 PM