What does otterbox really make a difference against? Also how effective are they. So far all I can come up with is, if you drop the blackberry while its in a otterbox, that it won't break the plastic of the phone but rather the otterbox its self? However I do not know if it would protect the internals of the phone.

Can you enlighten me a bit on this otterbox and its purpose/effectiveness?
    03-29-12 08:57 AM
    OtterBox USED to make KILLER cases, but not everyone has caught up, and they just live off of branding.

I really enjoy Seidio cases.
    03-29-12 09:45 AM
    I see, but what are these types of case protective of? Just cosmetic damage to the plastic of the phone? The internal workings of the phone?
    03-29-12 01:10 PM
    03-29-12 02:33 PM
    It depends on which line you're using.

The "Commuter" line is more protective than nothing at all, but it's not meant for particularly heavy-duty use. The "Defender" line is pretty sturdy, though they add some fair heft.

The Curve I have for work is in a Defender case that would probably protect the unit if I threw it from a moving car at highway speeds. It also includes a clear overlay for both the screen and the keyboard to seal out spills, pretty solid seals over the buttons and ports, and a custom holster with the "sleep" magnet built in. I like it.
    morthawt likes this.
    03-29-12 02:47 PM
    Hmm, I suppose I have some thinking to do before the day I get the phone.
    03-30-12 03:39 AM