05-15-10 07:22 AM
26 12
tools
    I bought my hubby a otterbox and I am getting a echo when I speak to him from my BB. Does the case have something to do with this? Never had this until otterbox. Also, Otterbox does not have the sleeper magnet correct? Is there a shortcut to sleeper instead of pushing the sleeper button?
    Thanks
    02-02-08 08:29 AM
    If you use the phone without the otterbox case, do you get the echo? If not, then that answers your question. Why it would happen, I don't know. I had that case, but had no echo problem.

Also, I thought that there was a magnet in the holster that put it to sleep when you holstered it? I'm pretty sure it did with mine .....
    02-02-08 07:33 PM
    I found no evidence of a sleeper magnet when I peeked on the site of Otterbox. I think you have to life with the sleeper-button on top.

For me a sleeper function is a "must have" option. After a busy day I stay with about 25% power with sleeper function. 7 out of the 10 times I don't take if out of the holster when I'm on the phone so I think I don't cut it with the power without the sleeper function.

The echo? It seems to me very very unlikely that you have an echo while using the Otterbox. Like Cheflionfoot said; try it without the Otterbox.

However, a very attractive case but will add some extra to the size of your BB.

Daruba.
    02-02-08 10:02 PM
    I found no evidence of a sleeper magnet when I peeked on the site of Otterbox. I think you have to life with the sleeper-button on top.
    There is a sleeper magnet on the back of the holster. I use the Black on Black OtterBox and LOVE it!! I have not had any echo issue while using this. Hmmm that is a new one thats for sure!

Click
    02-02-08 10:45 PM
    There is a sleeper magnet on the back of the holster. I use the Black on Black OtterBox and LOVE it!!

Click
    I thought it did when I had mine. It is a nice case, I too had the black/black. Hated the fact they used silicone which a super dirt magnet!
    02-03-08 11:25 AM
    I just got my new Otterbox for my BlackBerry Curve. I am having a problem with a ecco. Everyone I talk to says they can hear an ecco of everything they say when they call my phone..I love the protection of the Otterbox but what the heck! I can't annoy all of my customers....
    05-15-09 10:26 PM
    My otterbox just came in the mail yesterday and I must say I'm very pleased with it so far. I have no echo as of yet and there is a sleeper magnet.
    05-16-09 06:10 AM
    No echo with my 8330. Heard serious reports that the echo was bad with the otterbox for the 8350i.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 08:16 AM
    I have the black on yellow otter box, and I don't have an issue with echo, and the case is over a year old.

05-16-09 08:13 PM
    The otter box is a very cool case.
    05-16-09 10:51 PM
    No echo here. Really liking this case.
    05-16-09 11:13 PM
    Just got my 8330 case today no echos

05-17-09 12:55 AM
    No echoes on my otterbox for my 8330 and i must say that this is one tough box! I rolled my polaris rzr over and found my phone under it when i rolled it back over and it still works great!!
    05-19-09 02:36 PM
    I've had several callers tell me they hear an echo. I removed the case and the echo was gone. I contacted OB today , they told me they were aware of the problem. The have redesigned the case and they're sending a replacement.
    06-25-09 12:26 PM
    Use the black on black with the 8330 and no complaints of an echo here.

06-25-09 01:23 PM
    i had to drill my mic hole to make the echo much better
    06-28-09 07:39 PM
    didn't know you could get the case in yellow for the 8350 i?
    06-28-09 07:40 PM
    I have sent back two 8900's to Tmobile for the echo. Well, after reading this and doing a quick little experiment, it seems my otterbox was causing the echo. I have absolutly no idea whay this would be. It always sounded fine on my end but terrible on anyone calling me. Guess I have to see if OtterBox will send me a revised model.
    01-19-10 01:05 PM
    i had to drill my mic hole to make the echo much better
    Was it echoing on your end? Mine sounds fine to me but anyone calling has issues with it.
    01-19-10 01:19 PM
    I have an Otterbox with my 8900 Curve. My contacts tell me they have echo issues whilst talking to me. Experiments show that when removing my Otterbox and calling up the contacts who complained,ALL traces of echo disappear. Conclusion - The Otterbox I use is definitely causing echo to my callers.
    02-25-10 12:04 PM
    If u are having issues with echoes try pulling out the plug that covers your charging port. My friend had the same issue and this is what we found. Post your results. Hope this helps.

02-28-10 01:17 AM
    Now I'm a HUGE believer in Otterbox products. That said...I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO OPEN THE CHARGING PORT COVER ON A CASE THAT RETAILS FOR NEARLY 50 BUCKS!!!
    I had a 9000 with a defender that had that issue. I was very nervous about purchasing a defender for this 9700 for that reason. So far it seems good.

02-28-10 11:12 PM
    Now I'm a HUGE believer in Otterbox products. That said...I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO OPEN THE CHARGING PORT COVER ON A CASE THAT RETAILS FOR NEARLY 50 BUCKS!!!
    I totally agree, but if you want to get rid of the echo this is the only way I have found to get rid of it if you can't get Otter to exchange it out. My friend finally just cut his off cuz he was tired of opening it up every time he talked on the phone.
    03-02-10 06:52 PM
    I have the Commuter case and I DO really like it, but I do miss the sleeper magnet. It does protect very well, but I have NOT noticed any problems with the echo, I check randomly with callers because I have read numerous times of that happening. If anything email Otterbox's C/S, I had a problem with the charging port pushing out my USB and not fully charging and they sent me another one...FOR FREE. Try another one, what do you have to lose?
    03-03-10 03:17 PM
    Had mine for almost month, just fine, just wish I had a screen cover with it
    03-03-10 06:39 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD