04-13-09 09:44 AM
31 12
tools
    Does anyone have any feedback on the Otterbox Defender case for the storm. Website says it offers good dust protection because it has a clear membrane over screen. Will this affect the sensitivity of the touch screen? Case also looks very bulky? Any input appreciated.
    03-18-09 07:17 AM
    While on the topic of the otterbox case how hard os it to get the phone in and out of it? The only way that I wow be interested in it is if can take it out of the case easily to be able to put it in the charging cradle. I do like the factor sleep cases though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 07:32 AM
    Does anyone have any feedback on the Otterbox Defender case for the storm. Website says it offers good dust protection because it has a clear membrane over screen. Will this affect the sensitivity of the touch screen? Case also looks very bulky? Any input appreciated.
    I have one and everything you said is true. The case protects against dust, dirt finger smudges on screen and will even protect against water. The case is NOT waterproof! If you have a screen protector on your storm and then use Otterbox it will affect the sensitivity, take the screen protector off and have just the Otterbox membrane only, no problem. The only problem I have is using the keyboard or when trying to touch and click near or on the edge of the screen, the Otterbox makes it hard to do. This is the reason I don't use it and I am waiting for the redesigned case to come out the end of the month or next month to see if they addressed this problem.
    03-18-09 07:35 AM
    While on the topic of the otterbox case how hard os it to get the phone in and out of it? The only way that I wow be interested in it is if can take it out of the case easily to be able to put it in the charging cradle. I do like the factor sleep cases though.

What is a factor sleep case??
    03-18-09 07:35 AM
    I have one and everything you said is true. The case protects against dust, dirt finger smudges on screen and will even protect against water. The case is NOT waterproof! If you have a screen protector on your storm and then use Otterbox it will affect the sensitivity, take the screen protector off and have just the Otterbox membrane only, no problem. The only problem I have is using the keyboard or when trying to touch and click near or on the edge of the screen, the Otterbox makes it hard to do. This is the reason I don't use it and I am waiting for the redesigned case to come out the end of the month or next month to see if they addressed this problem.
    If they're redesigning it then I will wait too. It's a pricey item and I don't want to be disappointed.
    03-18-09 07:37 AM

It comes out easy, but it is time consuming due to the three piece design. There is on outer rubber cover that is held on by tabs on all four sides and then you separate the front cover from the back to take the berry out. It's very easy to due, it does take a few minutes to take the phone out and then put it back in.
    03-18-09 07:38 AM
    Offers outstanding protection. However, I recently had to ditch the box. Hard to hear the calling party and equally as hard for them to hear you. It is being redesigned and should be available this month. What the new box will offer is still a ? It was very difficult to type in landscape mode due to the protective screen not allowing you to depress the corners of the storm screen. Could barely feel it vibrate or hear the loudest ring / alerts. Loved the protection it offered however the issues experienced was just too much. Hopefully the new box will address some of my personal observations.
    03-18-09 07:39 AM
    I love mine, it protects the **** out of the Storm but I had to take off the screen cover to have it type right. I got ahold of otter box and they said that when they get the new cover made they will ship it to me free. If you work in any place that your phone will take a beating this is the case to get. It's some what baluky but I think it make the storm fit better in your hand. Doing a battery pull sorta sucks because of the outer cover but the protection it offers, it's worth the hassle.
    03-18-09 08:00 AM
    What is a factor sleep case??
    That was supposed to be factory ie OEM

03-18-09 08:06 AM
    If you are hard on phones, or work/play in a "harsh" environment, its a must have!!!! I have one on mine....waiting anxiously for the redesign (to me free as well) that is supposed to fix the typing issue. I love mine....
    03-18-09 08:07 AM
    A buddy of min has one for his phone and he was so dissapointed with it he took it right off.
    03-18-09 08:14 AM
    Great protection. Decent size. Pain in the *** to type on. Otherwise I love it. Wait for redesigned case

03-18-09 08:28 AM
    I too have one and finally ripped the screen cover off, dremeled the speaker opening and now it is so much better, but after reading about a new design and OtterBox offering it to those of us who already have one I might contact them and get on the list, but taking the clear membrane off was a night and day difference for typing and trying to push the Close button on the screen, big difference
    03-18-09 09:30 AM
    I have an otterbox case and love it. I removed the cover so I could remove some of the plastic to make typing easier. I don't find it hard to remove the case when it is needed. What do I need to do to get on the list for the redesigned case?
    03-18-09 09:43 AM
    Just goto otterbox.com and send them an email with your address and phone #
    03-18-09 07:47 PM
    I have one to.... how are you guys getting free replacements when the new one comes out?
    03-19-09 11:37 AM
    I have one to.... how are you guys getting free replacements when the new one comes out?
    Just contact the company and they will ask for your name, phone number, and address. That should be it. I had my otterbox for a little under a month and I loved the protection but the typing was starting to become a pain. I was considering returning it because I was still under the 30 day return period but when I contacted Otterbox they told me to keep the original (because it would just be deemed damaged anyway) and they will send me a new one free of charge. The rep told me that the possible release date for the new design will be around mid to late April and they will start contacting people around then.

If you need the protection now (if you work in harsh environments or need the extra protection) get the case and contact the company to put your name on the waiting list. If you can hold out, I'd suggest waiting until mid April or whenever they are going to release it because it is true that communication is compromised and typing is a pain.
    03-19-09 12:19 PM
    Would the Otterbox still fit a Storm with BSE installed on?
    03-25-09 10:04 AM
    Bump... Anyone?
    03-27-09 06:00 PM
    Bump... Anyone?
    It will not...
    03-27-09 06:03 PM
    I just got an email that my redesigned defender case should be here on monday

03-27-09 06:15 PM
    also check out this thread that is 'hands on' the new version:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/new...x-here-192610/
    03-27-09 06:25 PM
    Please pardon my ADD, if this has been asked...

Does the holster put the BB into Sleep/Holstered Mode?
    03-27-09 06:41 PM
    Yes, the holster puts the BB into sleep mode. I have the older version and am supposed to be on the waiting list to recieve the revised one. Hopefully I will get a call/e-mail soon saying I have one on the way since some people already have the new one coming/arrived.
    03-27-09 07:27 PM
    Please pardon my ADD, if this has been asked...

Does the holster put the BB into Sleep/Holstered Mode?
    Yes it puts it to sleep.
    03-27-09 07:34 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD