07-26-09 01:23 PM
37 12
tools
    If you haven't heard, Otterbox recently released two cases for the Tour . We know that the Defender series case will provide much more protection than the Impact series. Though at the expense of double the price and double the bulk.

What would you be losing out on if you decide to go with the Impact case vs the Defender?
    07-14-09 05:13 PM
    If your spending the money on an Otterbox, may as well get the full package.
    07-14-09 05:37 PM
    Strange since I called Otterbox today and they said they have no cases for the tour yet and at this point no plans for them. Is it possible the person answering their phones has no idea what is going on? I was told to call back in 3 weeks to a month and see if they had any plans to make something.
    07-14-09 06:18 PM
    Strange since I called Otterbox today and they said they have no cases for the tour yet and at this point no plans for them. Is it possible the person answering their phones has no idea what is going on? I was told to call back in 3 weeks to a month and see if they had any plans to make something.

BlackBerry Tour 9600 Defender Case // OtterBox.com
    07-14-09 06:24 PM
    I wanted a otterbox but decided against it because the price just is to much they are good cases but I have found other options that work fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 06:29 PM
    I called them today and they said, It's on the way but no ETA. My problem is I need the 2.25" belt clip for my gun belt and there is no promise they will make one for the Tour. Ill use what came with it until then.
    07-14-09 06:30 PM
    Like...

10 char
    07-14-09 06:30 PM
    Yes but understand that that is a link to a case that is not even being made yet. It is to be on a list to be notified when they make them. They said at least 3 weeks to a month then they will know if they will have them.
    07-14-09 06:36 PM
    I wanted a otterbox but decided against it because the price just is to much they are good cases but I have found other options that work fine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    What in particular do you have in mind? I was thinking Innocase 360, but it's not out yet.
    07-14-09 06:41 PM
    Yes but understand that that is a link to a case that is not even being made yet. It is to be on a list to be notified when they make them. They said at least 3 weeks to a month then they will know if they will have them.

You said that they said they were "No plans for them"... There's obviously some type of plan since they have it listed.

No plans, and 3 weeks to a month is not the same.
    07-14-09 06:44 PM
    Do Otterbox cases have a hard plastic screen protector, or a film/membrane? If the latter, what brands make cases w/ hard plastic screen protectors? Preferably rubber/silicone cases
    07-14-09 06:49 PM
    I suggest using the contact us link and send them a message stating you wish this product sooner then later

what this will generate is a paper trail of people wanting the product, include BlackBerry 9630 in the title of the ticket,

Management will have to take note of a big demand for a product and move on it before people start looking elsewhere
    07-14-09 06:53 PM
    I am going to try both soon... But no matter what it has Otterbox on it.

It's Good simple as that.
    07-14-09 07:37 PM
    You said that they said they were "No plans for them"... There's obviously some type of plan since they have it listed.

No plans, and 3 weeks to a month is not the same.
    I did not say they had no plans. Like in my original post the guy at Otterbox said they had no plans. He told me to call back in 3 weeks to a month to see if they were going to make them. Which shows his stupidity due to the link you posted.

Now, is it really that important to you to keep debating this.
    07-14-09 07:46 PM
    I did not say they had no plans. Like in my original post the guy at Otterbox said they had no plans. He told me to call back in 3 weeks to a month to see if they were going to make them. Which shows his stupidity due to the link you posted.

Now, is it really that important to you to keep debating this.

You wanted to debate, all I did was post a link to 'try' and help out

If you need the last word than take it
    07-14-09 08:05 PM
    You wanted to debate, all I did was post a link to 'try' and help out

If you need the last word than take it
    Thanks so much for your help. I truly appreciate it.
    07-14-09 08:09 PM
    New to BB, just received my tour a couple days ago and am intrigued by what Otterbox offers. For those who have used them in the past, do you foresee any issues with typing on the Tour keep pad with the Otterbox? I am worried about the keypad on the edges and the actual case. Will I still be able to get to the delete key, and alt key without having to adjust too much? It states that you can use or remove the keyboard clear cover? Would this also remove the screen cover? In other words, would I be able to keep the screen protector on, but remove the keyboard protector? Thanks for the help!
    07-16-09 09:47 AM
    I have an Otterbox on my old 8330 w/o the screen cover and it was the most solid case you can have on a BB period! I actually preferred the added bulk and may replace my skin with one on my Tour when they come out eventually.
    07-16-09 09:52 AM
    Otterbox is a little pricey but they have the best customer service I've seen in a long time. Bought a defender for my storm and had issues. I saw on here that someone had called to voice their troubles and Otterbox sent them a new improved case free. I sent an email asking about this and they sent me one. Just got it yesterday and it's perfect. Whichever you choose you can't go wrong. Two thumbs up.
    07-16-09 09:55 AM
    As far as the screen cover/guard on the otterbox goes, is it hard plastic, or is it just a film meant to protect against smudges?
    07-16-09 09:56 AM
    • Layer 1: Thermal formed protective clear membrane. Protects keypad against scratching, as well as dust intrusion (layer optional depending on the level of ruggedization desired)
    • Layer 2: Hi-impact polycarbonate shell for an added guard against drops and shocks
    • Layer 3: High quality silicone skin to absorb bump and shock
    • Full access to all keys, ports and functions
    07-16-09 10:08 AM
    • Layer 1: Thermal formed protective clear membrane. Protects keypad against scratching, as well as dust intrusion (layer optional depending on the level of ruggedization desired)
    • Layer 2: Hi-impact polycarbonate shell for an added guard against drops and shocks
    • Layer 3: High quality silicone skin to absorb bump and shock
    • Full access to all keys, ports and functions
    yea that is what I figured, sounds like just a protective membrane. Do any of you know what cases are available that have hard plastic screen covers? There has gotta be other people out there like me that constantly drop phones and need impact protection over the screen too
    07-16-09 10:24 AM
    What in particular do you have in mind? I was thinking Innocase 360, but it's not out yet.
    I like the (coming soon) combo of a Seido Innocase II with the Innocase Lock Holster as I had pretty much the same case/clip set-up for my Curve 8330. The rubberized texture of the case made it feel secure when holding it, not to mention the "bumper" effect the case has for the small bumps of daily use and the clip held the phone tight for sure.

Although, the Otterbox Impact skin case looks like it has a little more bumper "meat" on it, but it doesn't cover quite as much phone real estate as the Innocase does. I am curious if the BB Tour with the Impact Skin would fit comfortably into the OEM leather pouch that comes with the Tour. It seems that there is some play room in the leather pouch, so maybe the Impact Case would be thin enough to fit in and come out reasonably well.

In reference to the Seido Innocase 360, I like the idea of the BB being encapsulated like a Level A Hazmat suit (with the screen protected), but I worry about how the keyboard covering section will fit onto the Tour with out making it hard to work/feel the keys. It seems more intuitive on the BB 8330 as the keyboard keys are each separate, which is polar opposite on the Tour. Without the benefit of a picture to at the very least evaluate the case, I don't think the 360 case will be getting an order from me. I do need some kind of a case with traction, because I get nervous pulling the Tour out of the leather pouch because the SMOOTH metal bezel and surrounding pieces are just a little slippery and I just don't trust my butterfingers.

Hopefully Seido will get their cases out shortly, the Innocase specific locking clip just showed up on the website since yesterday, although you can't add it to the cart yet. I guess the quick release from Verizon/Sprint caught Seido off guard, because I figured they would have had their cases for the Tour ready for the launch so everyone could order a case after ordering the phone. Hopefully the cases will be ready very soon.....
    Last edited by DocMarten98; 07-16-09 at 12:15 PM.
    07-16-09 12:12 PM
    Is the protective membrane that covers the keys one solid piece that also covers the screen, or are they two separate clear covers? I agree that with the keys being 'connected' I am worried that the dexterity would go down with a membrane over it, but at the same time, believe a screen protector is a must! In other words, is it possible to have the screen protected but not the keys on the defender cases?
    07-16-09 03:13 PM
    Otterbox is a little pricey but they have the best customer service I've seen in a long time. Bought a defender for my storm and had issues. I saw on here that someone had called to voice their troubles and Otterbox sent them a new improved case free. I sent an email asking about this and they sent me one. Just got it yesterday and it's perfect. Whichever you choose you can't go wrong. Two thumbs up.
    I was also very impressed. I have a defender for my 8830 which had a little problem. Didn't even bat an eyelid they sent me out a complete new one. Not just the part I needed the WHOLE thing. They remind me of Moen faucets they just say what part, what address, ok it's on it's way ... Enjoy !!!
    07-16-09 03:59 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD