Hi gang.
    ...long-time lurker...first-time poster.

Just got my Tour the other day, and going to get an Otterbox --

I've waded thru too many posts about Covers, and seems that nobody ever really answers the question:
    How well does the Defender series FIT inside a pants pocket???

I'm a guy...I wear jeans mostly - and yes, I carry ALL of my devices IN MY FRONT POCKET.

A Naked tour fits VERY nicely in my pocket, thank you very much - but I need a Defender to keep me from destroying it once it's OUT of my pocket!

So PLEASE, those of you WITH an O-box Defender: (man answers preferred)

Is the silicone covering "sticky", and is the box simply too big for a comfortable fit??

Please spare me the comments about the belt clip, and what you bought last week that's NOT an o-box....
    Let's keep this simple.

thks,
    gr
    10-08-09 11:18 AM
    If you are wearing a long shirt and loose pants, it's fine. But if you are someone that tucks in shirts or wears tight pants, It's not going to be comfortable.

Think of it this way.. It's thicker than a deck of playing cards, but not as think as a VHS tape.... It's in between the two.

Hope that helps.
    10-08-09 11:24 AM
    Yes. Thanks!

I'm not so concerned about the bulk really --

I'd REALLY like to know just how "sticky" the outer case is, and will it drag the pocket of my jeans out WITH the phone each time I retrieve it???

I'm sure it can't be a slick as the OEM casing, but i don't want it to be dragging-out every piece of lint and gum wrapper I left in there either!!

I don't wear my jeans "Jonas Brothers" style, so I DO have a little extra room in the front, and I don't tuck my shirts in either....my dad still does though.
    But thanks for asking.

gr
    10-08-09 11:33 AM
    I sometime carry mine in my pocket but not much in jeans, normally in jeans. It don't have the problem getting shorts like kakhi's but with some "sport" shorts the pocket does come out. I think it depends on the material since the case it self is not that "sticky".

Hope this helps.
    10-08-09 11:58 AM
    +1
    It's not that sticky at all
    10-08-09 12:00 PM
    If you are only going to carry it in your pants pocket, I would just get the commuter series instead. Designed more for that, slimmer and cheaper.

I have the Defender case and love it, however I rarely carry it in my pocket. Only when I am in a suit, maybe once or twice a week. The rest of the time, it is in it's sturdy holster on my belt.
    10-08-09 12:09 PM
    see I wear large stuff so it doesn't bother me at all.
    It is a little heavy for worn-out-elastic-shorts though haha.
    anyway it's fine, not as big as people make it sound.
    I know that when winter comes here in boston ill be glad it's well protected in my jacket pocket with all kinds of other junk not scratching it or getting in between keys and jacks and such
    10-08-09 12:16 PM
    It picks up some lint but is not incredibly sticky.

I've gone one step further. I removed the belt-clip portion from the holster so I slip the entire thing into my various pockets. It can be removed using a needlenose pliers.
    10-08-09 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the quick input fellow "defender-ers"!

I'll post-up what i think when I get one!

cheers.
    gr
    10-09-09 01:12 PM
    please do!
    check what revision of each piece you have!
    10-15-09 12:55 PM
    Hi gang.
    ...long-time lurker...first-time poster.

Just got my Tour the other day, and going to get an Otterbox --

I've waded thru too many posts about Covers, and seems that nobody ever really answers the question:
    How well does the Defender series FIT inside a pants pocket???

I'm a guy...I wear jeans mostly - and yes, I carry ALL of my devices IN MY FRONT POCKET.

A Naked tour fits VERY nicely in my pocket, thank you very much - but I need a Defender to keep me from destroying it once it's OUT of my pocket!

So PLEASE, those of you WITH an O-box Defender: (man answers preferred)

Is the silicone covering "sticky", and is the box simply too big for a comfortable fit??

Please spare me the comments about the belt clip, and what you bought last week that's NOT an o-box....
    Let's keep this simple.

thks,
    gr
    Got mine 3 days ago and I love it. I carry it in my front pocket and haven't had any problems with it being sticky, although it does attract dust. If you wear loose cut jeans, it shouldn't be uncomfortable at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 01:41 PM
    what revisions are you guys getting?
    10-15-09 01:46 PM
    what revisions are you guys getting?
    How can I tell which revision I have? I bought mine at a Verizon store 3 days ago.

10-15-09 10:56 PM
    each piece says inside
    REV _
    CAV _ (what's that again?)
    then the date made and the piece number
    remember that each piece has a different one so check them all including the elastic cover
    10-15-09 11:06 PM
    each piece says inside
    REV _
    CAV _ (what's that again?)
    then the date made and the piece number
    remember that each piece has a different one so check them all including the elastic cover
    The silicone cover is rev A and the hard case is rev B

10-17-09 03:30 AM
    ghostrider990, did you get the defender?

I am in the same situation, between the commuter and defender and whether it will fit comfortably in my pocket. I can't find the otterbox cases locally to compare and would have to order both and pay for return shipping for one.

Anyone have the commuter? The only thing I'm worried about on the commuter is dropping the phone face down and if the edges are raised enough to protect it. I have some thick film I can put on the screen, dont' care about the keyboard protector.
    10-21-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD