Hey dudes & dudettes,
    I didn't notice the previous threads on this accessory mentioning this, so I'll ask now.
    I'm planning on getting the Otterbox Defender for use with my very sweet 9930. Is this accessory a holster-case or merely a case?
    If it's merely a case I would use it with my leather BB9630 holster I received through Verizon long ago, and holds the 9930 secure snuggly as it now is. (The plastic 9930 swivel holster VzW sent just doesn't do justice to this phone. But I should be glad they sent something other than the device itself because whomever packed my shipping box did not include the earphones or instructions on how to do anything; just the packing slip and a dusting cloth. Oy! I use Bose MIE2 headphones anyway and still have the sweet microphone earphones VzW sent with my 9630, unopened.)
    Is it likely the 9930 cased with the Otterbox will not fit in the old 9930 holster, which seems to allow enough room and seems 'stretchable' for it. I am being delusional?
    Also, does this Otterbox RR(something) Defender include some kind of built-in screen protector or is it best for me to get one of those Qubic Protectors some supplier on Amazon is selling for 6 per USD 8?
    I've been researching this since I received this phone but haven't been able to ascertain clear answers elsewheres. If y'all don't know, no one knows - or they ain't telling.
    Thank you, in advance,
    Last edited by gortfulcanelli; 08-27-11 at 09:55 AM.
    08-27-11 09:51 AM
    The Defenders comes with a screen protector and its own plastic holster. You might wanna research Otterbox's website for more info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 09:55 AM
    Hey dudes & dudettes,
    I didn't notice the previous threads on this accessory mentioning this, so I'll ask now.
    I'm planning on getting the Otterbox Defender for use with my very sweet 9930. Is this accessory a holster-case or merely a case?
    If it's merely a case I would use it with my leather BB9630 holster I received through Verizon long ago, and holds the 9930 secure snuggly as it now is. (The plastic 9930 swivel holster VzW sent just doesn't do justice to this phone. But I should be glad they sent something other than the device itself because whomever packed my shipping box did not include the earphones or instructions on how to do anything; just the packing slip and a dusting cloth. Oy! I use Bose MIE2 headphones anyway and still have the sweet microphone earphones VzW sent with my 9630, unopened.)
    Is it likely the 9930 cased with the Otterbox will not fit in the old 9930 holster, which seems to allow enough room and seems 'stretchable' for it. I am being delusional?

Also, does this Otterbox RR(something) Defender include some kind of built-in screen protector or is it best for me to get one of those Qubic Protectors some supplier on Amazon is selling for 6 per USD 8?
    I've been researching this since I received this phone but haven't been able to ascertain clear answers elsewheres. If y'all don't know, no one knows - or they ain't telling.
    Thank you, in advance,
    yup comes with a clip that is used as a holster here are pics of mine hope it helps your decision
    08-27-11 10:01 AM
    Also, I was pleasantly surprised to notice that once the bb is inserted into the clip holster it goes on standby, just like the bb leather holsters
    08-27-11 10:10 AM
    Thanks guys, that wraps up my solution. Very much appreciated. And thank all of you for saving a couple of duckets. Very appreciated.
    Will order mine today.
    08-27-11 10:53 AM
    Hey dudes & dudettes,
    Thank you, in advance,
    I have the Otterbox Commuter, and it makes for a very tight fit in the 9650/9630 holster. It works, but to this point it's a PITA to get the phone out. I'm sure that the elastic will give a bit, though.
    08-27-11 11:22 AM
    How is the "grip" feel on the Otterbox defender? Is it slippery like hard plastic?
    08-27-11 12:15 PM
    Too husky for me. Wish they made a commuter holster.
    08-27-11 12:19 PM
    How is the "grip" feel on the Otterbox defender? Is it slippery like hard plastic?
    the grip is awesome, all, rubber. I liked the commuter but the plastic grip was very slippery and no holster wasnt the greatest.
    08-27-11 02:18 PM
    the grip is awesome, all, rubber. I liked the commuter but the plastic grip was very slippery and no holster wasnt the greatest.
    I'm starting to think that way too, I have the commuter at the moment.

08-27-11 02:20 PM
    I'm starting to think that way too, I have the commuter at the moment.

ya i dropped it a couple times with the commuter, with it being so slippery.n returned the commuter and picked up the defender. even though its bulky im happy with it, def makes me feel like i got a grip on my 9900.
    08-27-11 02:23 PM
    I hate going to the vzw store, so-- has anyone seen the defender in any verizon stores yet?

08-27-11 02:25 PM
    You're going to pay near full retail at a carrier store. I've seen the Defender on Amazon for around $35 delivered.
    08-27-11 02:30 PM
    Otterbox has one of the best cases for any phone. I had a Storm2, before my new BOLD 9930. I work the airport in a uniform, so I carry my phone on my belt. There is an air train platform, and the escalator is around 45 feet down. Passenger hits belt, knocks phone out, down the escalator it goes, it must have hit every stair on the way down. When I was able to get to it, the only thing wrong, was a pirce of plastic from the holster had snapped off. I called OTTERBOX, explained what happen to their CS (great group of people), (I was just looking to pick up another holster) no go. They sent out a new Defender kit free of charge, was here in two days.

The case works and with the CS, they are the only ones I will use. The Commuter series for normal use, and the Defender series at work.

By the way at lease ten people that day asked what type of case did I have.
    08-28-11 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD