So I get my Otter Box Defender Case yesterday and after putting it on I noticed that my Tour wouldn't wake up after the screen had shut off. This is case wether its in the holster or out of it. I literally have to hold down keys to get it to wake up, and when it does it lags severely. The funny part is that I don't even get the clock face spinning around either. Its just frozen for like 10 seconds. I tried a battery pull as well thinking that my Tour was just in need of a reset. This did nothing to help the situation. After I take it out of the case its back to normal. I'm having a serious problem accepting that this condition is caused by the Otter Box case itself. I do have Body Gaurdz on my Tour. The only part of the Body Gaurdz skin I didn't use was the pieces for the chrome bezel. Don't know if the skin is playing apart in this. I had Invisible Shield on my 8330 in an Otter Box with no issues.

Anyone else have any similar experiences with their Tour using an Otter Box? Maybe someone can shine some light on my issue?
    07-30-09 07:49 AM
    There is a whole post about this with discussion and we found a fix. SEARCH.
    07-30-09 07:58 AM
    I did search and wasn't able to find anything. Maybe you could post a link to that thread?
    07-30-09 08:08 AM
    If there is a post hidden somewhere in here, why don't you just link to it instead of belittling someone?
    07-30-09 08:18 AM
    And I thought it was just me. I have the same problem. Take the Tour out of Defender, even without turning it off/on, or battery pull, no lag. I couldn't find any other threads on this either.
    07-30-09 08:30 AM
    Why would you post that type of a reply without
    puting a link to it for the guy?
    07-30-09 08:39 AM
    Here's a link to the discussion:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/my...review-275766/

The "lag" issue fix starts on page 7.

The basic problem is that the silicone cover is too tight. As such, the button tab for the right-convenience key gets slightly pressed when the silicone cover is put on. Many are fixing the issue by shaving off some of the tab.
    07-30-09 08:39 AM
    Thank You DolfanCole. Least you had enough common sense to actually help instead of being a J/O like coffee and telling me the info I need is here, but instead he acts like a 2yr old and wants me to weed through posts to find it. Troll. Some of us actually work and have lives outside of internet forums and can't spend hours reading every post including the word "otter box." Isn't the whole idea of a forum for discussion and help?
    Last edited by MontyCop05; 07-30-09 at 08:51 AM.
    07-30-09 08:49 AM
    Thank You DolfanCole. Least you had enough common sense to actually help instead of being a J/O like coffee and telling me the info I need is here, but instead he acts like a 2yr old and wants me to weed through posts to find it. Troll. Some of us actually work and have lives outside of internet forums and can't spend hours reading every post including the word "otter box." Isn't the whole idea of a forum for discussion and help?
    actually i do this quite often because i have a life outside of the forum and cannot be bothered to find a post for someone else. he at least helped you telling you that the info was here.
    07-30-09 09:04 AM
    You should still call Otterbox at the number listed in that other thread. They need to know about the UNreponsive aspect with the case on from enough people to fully check it out. Meanwhile, they will probably ship you a new case once the bugs are worked out.
    07-30-09 09:48 AM
    Never hurts to search. The function is soo easy to use. Just type in otterbox and search the Tour sub forum and you would have found your answer. Instead you wanted me to hand it to you on a silver platter. Me a Troll? Not hardly.
    07-30-09 11:08 AM
    Hey CoffeeMan if it was so hard on you to answer his question...why did you ever bother responding at all?

If your standing by your mailbox and someone pulls up and says... "do you know where Morris Street is?" I'm sure you say... "get a map and search for it!"

This topic has been useful to me as I just got my OtterBox.
    07-30-09 05:12 PM
    Hey CoffeeMan if it was so hard on you to answer his question...why did you ever bother responding at all?

If your standing by your mailbox and someone pulls up and says... "do you know where Morris Street is?" I'm sure you say... "get a map and search for it!"

This topic has been useful to me as I just got my OtterBox.
    Ahhh a newbie. Congrats.
    07-30-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD