I upgraded to the Storm 2 for both my wife and I. We had Otterbox defender cases for our previous Storm 1 phones, so I bought new boxes with the purchase of the new phones.

First issue... With the case installed, I have issues with pushing the end/send/bb/back area of the screen. I need to push them down hard in order for that area of the screen to work. Or I can push on the opposite end of the screen, then back to the send/end/bb/back... then it presses & clicks perfectly. When the case is off, the screen functions perfectly normal. This is an issue with BOTH phone cases. I'm wondering if the case is pressing down on that side of the screen.

Second issue...
    The holster. I didn't like the way it looks, and I really don't like the way it performs. I've dropped the phone out of the holster several times. All I need to do is bump something slightly and BANG! the phone is on the floor. The Storm 1 holster is a FAR SUPERIOR design for retention. (I work fire & EMS) The Storm 2 holster appears cheap and unsecure... and drops the phone out of the holster easily. To make it worse, my wife's Storm 2 holster has the same problem.

Otterbox.. are you listening/reading?? Are you working on a fix?

I know that your customer service is top notch... but I don't need the same problems delivered to me in the form of a new case. I need a case that has been fixed of these problems.
    01-24-10 08:51 AM
    There is a hundred other cases and styles out there that are quite comparable to the what your wanting, I don't think their gonna change the holster design for 1 person though.

As for the other issue, what OS are you running?

Reason I'm asking is if you upgrade from the .320 that came with the phone you'll find the buttons and the whole screen for that matter "clicks" much, much softer and easier.
    01-24-10 09:48 AM
    If you are still running .320, it is most likely your os. The difference in clickability betweent .428 and .320 is day and night.

I recently purchased the commuter case from otter box and it is perfect. Can the defender really be that unsecured in its holster???
    01-24-10 10:14 AM
    I can't help you with the second issue, because I don't have a holster for my Impact case yet.
    As for you first issue, I found out quickly that I also had problems with the clicking of the screen until I turned it off and turned it back on. It has something to do with the screen being in a certain position when in/out of the case. Try it out.
    01-24-10 10:45 AM
    Try the new software and see if it works. Have you emailed Otterbox? They have always been good about responding back with help. I also that Seidio is coming out with a new style of a protective case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-10 10:52 AM
    I upgraded to the Storm 2 for both my wife and I. We had Otterbox defender cases for our previous Storm 1 phones, so I bought new boxes with the purchase of the new phones.

First issue... With the case installed, I have issues with pushing the end/send/bb/back area of the screen. I need to push them down hard in order for that area of the screen to work. Or I can push on the opposite end of the screen, then back to the send/end/bb/back... then it presses & clicks perfectly. When the case is off, the screen functions perfectly normal. This is an issue with BOTH phone cases. I'm wondering if the case is pressing down on that side of the screen.

Second issue...
    The holster. I didn't like the way it looks, and I really don't like the way it performs. I've dropped the phone out of the holster several times. All I need to do is bump something slightly and BANG! the phone is on the floor. The Storm 1 holster is a FAR SUPERIOR design for retention. (I work fire & EMS) The Storm 2 holster appears cheap and unsecure... and drops the phone out of the holster easily. To make it worse, my wife's Storm 2 holster has the same problem.

Otterbox.. are you listening/reading?? Are you working on a fix?

I know that your customer service is top notch... but I don't need the same problems delivered to me in the form of a new case. I need a case that has been fixed of these problems.
    Yes I have the commuter case and it also impinges on the screen and makes it go wonkey at times. Another issue I have with it is that it also seems to self press the connivance keys at times.
    01-24-10 01:11 PM
    I and my roomate also have the same issue with the bottom buttons, and both of us are running .320 - only difference is that I have the Defender case and she does not. As far as your holster not securing your device, my opinion is that you may want to see if Otterbox will send a replacement. My holster secures my device well enough that I can't clip it to my jeans and be able to remove it smoothly without pulling the whole thing off; I have to wear it on a belt and it still requires effort - I push on one of the posts with a finger while pushing the phone out with the heel of my hand. My only complaint with the Defender case is with it sitting screen in and the vibrate motor being oddly weak, I have no idea when it's ringing or alerting in noisy areas :P
    01-25-10 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD