I recently picked up this case and I really do like it....With two kids who like to try and grab Mommy and Daddy's cellphones, it's great protection....

After I got over the bulkiness, the only problem that I have with is is the fact that when I have the Storm in landscape mode (I love the full qwerty keyboard), I find myself unable to use the space bar as easy as I can without the OtterBox on there. Also, I have to press in and wait like 3 seconds before the Storm detects that I am trying to capitalize a letter or turn the caps lock on or off. Otherwise, these buttons work fine with the OtterBox case off......Any suggestions?
    05-31-09 08:21 AM
    Write an email to otterbox. You're not alone. They need to hear it.

They do have a "newer" version. On yours is the screen protector completely attached to the case or is it open on the sides?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:59 AM
    Mine has the screen attached to the case all of the way around. I am half tempted to cut it out and then just place a stick on screen protector, but then I lose the ability of nothing getting down in behind the screen. So....I am kind of conflicted.
    05-31-09 11:29 AM
    I recently picked up this case and I really do like it....With two kids who like to try and grab Mommy and Daddy's cellphones, it's great protection....

After I got over the bulkiness, the only problem that I have with is is the fact that when I have the Storm in landscape mode (I love the full qwerty keyboard), I find myself unable to use the space bar as easy as I can without the OtterBox on there. Also, I have to press in and wait like 3 seconds before the Storm detects that I am trying to capitalize a letter or turn the caps lock on or off. Otherwise, these buttons work fine with the OtterBox case off......Any suggestions?
    I hear you, when I need to use the space key I find it easiest to switch from landscape to portrait mode.
    05-31-09 12:56 PM
    I hear you, when I need to use the space key I find it easiest to switch from landscape to portrait mode.
    Now that is very cumbersome. I have the second generation case and I can type in landscape with no problem. Its well worth the email or call to otterbox. Good luck!

05-31-09 01:01 PM
    When did they release the second generation of the OtterBox for the Storm? I got mine in March straight from the OtterBox website....

I'll have to email them and see what can be done....I do not feel as though it is a defect, so it seems out of place that I would get a replacement, but in never having dealt with OtterBox's Customer Service (I've never had to, shipping was fast and I've had no other problems), I wouldn't know what their policies are.
    05-31-09 02:09 PM
    I just got around to checking out an otterbox yesterday and WOW that thing is frikkin HUGE!
    I'm still thinking about getting one though. The ones that the VZW store had in stock don't have any screen protector at all.
    Not that big of a deal so ill probably just wait until they get the newer version in stock.
    Or not get one at all.
    I'm still torn lol

05-31-09 02:16 PM
    Yes, they are large and somewhat bulky, but for someone such as I who is clumsy or is in an environment where you know the device may get abused, the protection the OtterBox case can't be beat...now if I could just get my spacebar/shift (caps key) to work better in Landscape mode, I'd be set.
    05-31-09 02:24 PM
    Yes, they are large and somewhat bulky, but for someone such as I who is clumsy or is in an environment where you know the device may get abused, the protection the OtterBox case can't be beat...now if I could just get my spacebar/shift (caps key) to work better in Landscape mode, I'd be set.
    Hmm... Since I do about 98% of my thumbing in landscape ill probably not get one at all then.
    I'm a little clumsy at times but I found that the 14.99 skin that vzw sells adds a small degree of protection.
    That and having a screen prtector works wonders for just putting the phone in my pocket.
    Maybe ill just stick with what.......

05-31-09 02:30 PM
    I love my Otterbox, but I also just ordered the Innocase 360 today, so we'll see how they compare.
    05-31-09 03:03 PM
    When did they release the second generation of the OtterBox for the Storm? I got mine in March straight from the OtterBox website....

I'll have to email them and see what can be done....I do not feel as though it is a defect, so it seems out of place that I would get a replacement, but in never having dealt with OtterBox's Customer Service (I've never had to, shipping was fast and I've had no other problems), I wouldn't know what their policies are.
    I would call up otterbox and ask them if they could send you out the new revised version of the otterbox and then have you send the old one back. Tell them that with the way the screen protector is its impossible to use the phone in landscape mode...and that you dont want to hack away at that screen...they will probably work with you on this...since it was there fup anyway...Good luck
    05-31-09 03:24 PM
    I don't have a receipt for my OtterBox, but the case is not officially a year old because the 1st Gen only came out December (Not sure). It should fall under the factory warranty period of one year. The should technically be exchanged due to a factory defect, Right?
    06-08-09 05:46 PM

If you call OtterBox, they will send you the new version...no charge, and you can keep the one you have. That's what they did for me. I Still ended up just taking the screen protector completely off. I didn't like how it kind of crackled when pressed. I'm not worried about scratching my screen and the thin plastic would not help if dropped anyway.

Grey
    06-08-09 06:57 PM
    I had one of the original defender cases, purchased in March. I also had problems with it. I emailed otterbox and they immediately shipped me out the new version. I got it within a few days. They even let me keep the old one. EXCELLENT customer service
    06-08-09 07:05 PM
    I thought this was cool that they sent me a new case. Otterbox sure got my vote. Most of the fixes were good. Just my ear piece volume was a little low yet.
    07-01-09 07:13 PM
    So...beings that this thread had disappeared and I haven't had the time to look for it, I am glad that this popped back up.

I emailed the CSR that I had worked with on my earlier order. I explained my problem and told her that I wasn't looking for a hand out but was wondering what, if anything I could do about it short of having to purchase another 60 dollar case. She was kind and her responses were fast.

She explained to me the differences between the first gen and second gen cases and provided a link to the website....then what happens next just blew me out of the water as I was not expecting it all: She flat out asked for me physical address and told me that they would have one of the new, second gen cases mailed out to me immediately and that I should see it in about a week. Lo and behold, I received the case when she said I would and I love it. A big +1 to OtterBox. They are a great company.
    07-01-09 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD