Hey guys I just bought my new bold and otterbox defender case because of the work I do. I love the case but there seems to be one slight problem with it and I'm wondering if there are others that have the same problem or if its just mine. The case seems to not be wide enough where it covers the screen like the plastic just barely goes over the screen. So I have to look at my phone at a certain angle or I won't get the full view. Now that's the best I can explain it and I hope someone out there knows what I'm talking about. Thanks a lot guys

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 08:16 AM
    I assume you're talking about the top of the screen. Depending on how the site you are viewing is rendered, you sometimes need to have your Bold flat, as on a table, to read the very top line.

As a wearer of progressive lenses in my eyeglasses I never thought twice about it. I just naturally tilt the top of my device down until I can read the line.

Also, the left side is sometimes barely cut off but I can usually scroll and bring it into view. I use "column view."

01-01-11 08:48 AM
    That is correct I do have to hold it flat to get the best view and it is mainly the left side but only the slightest amount. I have like OCD so I'm very picky but I guess it's something I'll have to deal with since I love the protection the case does provide

01-01-11 10:46 AM
    I got a Defender for my old Pearl and again for my S2, and there was a slight overlap all the way around on both devices. It was by design to make a seal around the screen. If your cases aren't fitting correctly I'd contact Otterbox and see what they'll do for you - outstanding customer service.

01-01-11 12:24 PM
    I already addressed this to Otterbox and as mentioned above, It's buy design and will not be changed or fixed.
    01-01-11 01:05 PM
    Damn because other than that its a perfect case. Its off like 2 hairs haha

01-01-11 02:14 PM
    I just filed mine down a few mm's
    01-01-11 05:24 PM
    I sold my Bold Otterbox Defender and went with the Seidio Rugged Combo. Also has the clip on top of the holster to keep in the device. Plastic cover on the screen is built into the holster and doesn't make you look at the screen from a different angle.
    01-01-11 05:38 PM
    The seidio case looks more bulky than the otterbox. Is this true?

01-01-11 07:49 PM
    The seidio case looks more bulky than the otterbox. Is this true?

They are both just about equal. I do not have my OB only the Seidio one. I believe the are a mm or two thicker. But the protection and holster clip were great. Especially for outdoor work environments!

01-01-11 08:05 PM
    One more question guys. I had made a few phone calls the other day with my defender case on and everyone I talked to said I sound muffled. The thing is I went into the voice recorder app to see if my voice would record muffled but it played back with no issues what so ever. So what gives? Is it the case or the phone?

01-03-11 09:29 PM
    Had the same thing happening with mine. Out of the case my voice was clear and in the case muffled.

At the bottom left end of the case (for my 9650) look into the little opening and see if you can see the phone's mike hole. If not, open the case and look at the opening from the inside. In my case there is a small foam type ring around the outer part of the mike hole opening. The ring came loose on one side and folded over the hole when I placed the phone in the lower shell. After I pressed it back in place and put everything back together everything is clear as can be.

Hope this helps with yours.
    01-04-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD