02-10-10 04:37 PM
75 123
tools
    I got mine on Saturday and once in a while I have to press the send button a couple of times. Other than that it is great Especially if you are rough on phones.
    11-23-09 06:56 PM
    I just got my Defender for my S2 today. I took off the old scree protector and put the new one on and have the same issues. Can't use the BB Buton or the return button. I'm gonna try to put the old screen protector back on with the case. I think it'll work much better.
    11-23-09 08:45 PM
    I just lifted the new screen protector a bit and cut it at the bottom. And it works great now. Whew!
    11-23-09 08:51 PM
    I just got my Defender for my S2 today. I took off the old scree protector and put the new one on and have the same issues. Can't use the BB Buton or the return button. I'm gonna try to put the old screen protector back on with the case. I think it'll work much better.
    that is wierd... i tried... and it works fine...
    11-23-09 09:29 PM
    Use coupon code TechBargains109n for 20% off your order
    Thanks for the coupon code. I just bought 2 of the defender cases for under 80.00 w/free shipping straight from Otterbox. I would have bought them from crackberry but after the discounts and free shipping I saved almost $13 by buying from Otterbox.
    11-24-09 09:00 AM
    Had my defender in for a few days and the only issue I have had is when I dropped it on concrete it didn't break.
    Seriously, I love this thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 09:05 AM
    Isn't this case like using a 6mil rubber to have sex? Just asking. Don't you lose a little enjoyment holding the nice design of the phone? And do you have to alter how you handle the phone because of the bulk? It looks like it almost has too much texture. I had the Sedio Innocase II on my S1 and liked it alot but they are always slow at getting a new model out.
    11-24-09 09:17 AM
    Isn't this case like using a 6mil rubber to have sex? Just asking. Don't you lose a little enjoyment holding the nice design of the phone? And do you have to alter how you handle the phone because of the bulk? It looks like it almost has too much texture. I had the Sedio Innocase II on my S1 and liked it alot but they are always slow at getting a new model out.
    I was trying to wait on Vaja to release a case, but they are also taking too long. They have a pouch out for it but that is it. So first to market dictated this purchase as I wanted real protection for my phone.
    11-24-09 09:23 AM
    It is a thick case. But when your alternative is to have a trashed phone, I think that it is worth the trade off.

What is worse? putting your..um....."phone" somewhere hostile and catching something nasty or wearing a thick prophylactic?
    11-24-09 11:17 AM
    It is a thick case. But when your alternative is to have a trashed phone, I think that it is worth the trade off.

What is worse? putting your..um....."phone" somewhere hostile and catching something nasty or wearing a thick prophylactic?
    I agree I want to protect my phone. And if it were just the matter of getting my "call" off then I wouldn't hesitate on a thick cover. Can anyone tell me which Otterbox compares in thickness mostly with the Sedio Innocase II or am I comparing apples to oranges? These things are too expensive to be regretful. I bought the Verizon hard cover and holster and not too happy with its sharp edges and ridged design. Sounds like a heavy zipper when I take it out. People turn their heads. And then uncomfortable to hold. And I question whether it will slip out of the holster at times.
    11-24-09 11:40 AM
    Damn can't wait to get mine, but I got to wait on the CB store. It was free thou so its worth it.
    11-24-09 11:46 AM
    I just cut around the edges and now all the buttons work great. The only promlem I have now is sometimes I can't feel it when its on vibrate but I can live with that for the protection.
    11-24-09 11:50 AM
    The otterbox is in a completely different league than the Verizon, Sedio, or any other case.

It is geared toward protecting your phone from adverse conditions in hostile environments. Not just bump and drop protection. But it DOES excel in that area as well. I remember with my Pearl and Curve I was able to take my phone and literally throw it across the room into brick wall with no ill effects. The case wouldn't even have a scuff. It also protects from heavy dust, and SOME moisture. I accidentally took an otterbox clad pearl into a burning building with me once. It only got a little damp, a little dirty, and really hot. Pulled the pearl out after to clean up and it was still pristine. Plus, the otterbox has a holster that can attach to a duty belt (or bunker pants suspenders) for those of us in public safety. And it holds the phone securely.

My Seidio case would protect my phones from scratches while looking slick but every time I dropped it onto a hard surface it would split open and send my BB skidding across the floor. It DID absorb the impact though so I can't say it didn't do its job.

Different cases for different jobs.
    11-24-09 11:51 AM
    I got mine coming in a few days. Seems like the screen protector might be the cause of the button problems.

11-24-09 01:36 PM
    Is it easy to throw the phone in your pocket with the defender on it? Easy to take out? Other than the added protection over the commuter I love the holster. However sometimes I would see it much easier to throw it in my pocket than into the holster.

And if anyone has both the commuter and the defender. Could you comment on the feel and size differences?

11-24-09 05:05 PM
    Are the Otterbox cases for BB's always black? I'm getting 2, but I would love to protect it and dress it up at the same time. I'm still a ****** lady, afterall.
    11-24-09 05:11 PM
    They used to offer them in black and black/yellow. I was a big fan of the black/yellow because it made my phone easy to spot if I ever dropped it. It also went well with my work clothes.

Now you can have it in any color you want as long as it's black.

11-24-09 05:32 PM
    The otterbox is in a completely different league than the Verizon, Sedio, or any other case.

It is geared toward protecting your phone from adverse conditions in hostile environments. Not just bump and drop protection. But it DOES excel in that area as well. I remember with my Pearl and Curve I was able to take my phone and literally throw it across the room into brick wall with no ill effects. The case wouldn't even have a scuff. It also protects from heavy dust, and SOME moisture. I accidentally took an otterbox clad pearl into a burning building with me once. It only got a little damp, a little dirty, and really hot. Pulled the pearl out after to clean up and it was still pristine. Plus, the otterbox has a holster that can attach to a duty belt (or bunker pants suspenders) for those of us in public safety. And it holds the phone securely.

My Seidio case would protect my phones from scratches while looking slick butevery time I dropped it onto a hard surface it would split open and send my BB skidding across the floor. It DID absorb the impact though so I can't say it didn't do its job.

Different cases for different jobs.
    yup.. that is the main reason i went to with otterbox this time around for S2...
    11-24-09 09:20 PM
    Use coupon code TechBargains109n for 20% off your order
    I ordered my OtterBox today. Thanks for the code!!
    11-24-09 09:59 PM
    Wondering how long it will take them to make the extra heavy 2.5" duty belt holster for this case now.

Not even listed on the site as "coming soon" like the Defender case was for the last couple weeks. I'm waiting for that before I even buy the Storm.
    11-26-09 11:23 PM
    Is there anything inside of the case to keep the plastic from scratching the backside of the device or the silver rails? My buddy has the defender on his S1 and he was showing me how its put together and we both noticed the silver rails on the phone were all marked and scratched up and he stated he has always kept his phone in the defender case.
    11-27-09 01:03 PM
    Wondering how long it will take them to make the extra heavy 2.5" duty belt holster for this case now.

Not even listed on the site as "coming soon" like the Defender case was for the last couple weeks. I'm waiting for that before I even buy the Storm.
    Could always buy the one for the old storm and just swap the clip out. Maybe...
    11-27-09 01:14 PM
    Is there anything inside of the case to keep the plastic from scratching the backside of the device or the silver rails? My buddy has the defender on his S1 and he was showing me how its put together and we both noticed the silver rails on the phone were all marked and scratched up and he stated he has always kept his phone in the defender case.
    In that case I would probably add some sort of Invisible Shield in order to stop the marks and scratches from happening.
    11-27-09 01:23 PM
    Once in a while you do have to take the phone out of the case and clean the dust that inevitably will work it's way into there out. I recommend once a week.
    11-27-09 01:28 PM
    In that case I would probably add some sort of Invisible Shield in order to stop the marks and scratches from happening.
    I am thinking the same thing before I buy and put my S2 inside. Phantom Skinz here I come.
    11-27-09 02:38 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD