75 123
tools
    11-19-09 11:45 AM
    Awesome thanks for the heads up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 12:00 PM
    Figures they get it in stock 3 days after I order my Commuter case :/
    11-19-09 12:02 PM
    If anyone gets one can you please post some pics of the item installed? I really want to see how much bulk this case adds to the phone. Although a steep price, it may be worth it if it doesn't add too much heft to the phone
    11-19-09 12:47 PM
    It doesn't look nearly as bulky as past otterbox clad Blackberries.

My Curve 8330 was a friggin brick when it was wearing it's Otterbox. If it looks as clean and streamlined as the ones for that OTHER touchscreen phone then I think we will be in for a treat!
    11-19-09 02:07 PM
    Are you guys serious... this case is hideous

11-19-09 02:47 PM

Hah! But not nearly as hideous as someone weeping over the broken remains of a dropped Storm!

Function over fashion, my friend...
    11-19-09 03:13 PM
    I just hope they get it right this time. It seems like every OB case I get, (three so far) needs replaced due to some defect that affects the functionality. They are good at making it right with you if you contact them, but you would think that they would test these things extensively before launching them. Just my opinion.

11-19-09 03:20 PM
    Use coupon code TechBargains109n for 20% off your order
    11-19-09 03:33 PM
    where is this coupon valid??

i hope this one doesnt have the problems that the commuter case has seemingly had. The case look sextremely solid!!!
    11-19-09 07:22 PM
    hey guys i have the one for the orginal storm and let me tell you guys this its worth it but they actually have other series that are better for the average use i just bought the one that was 28 dollars and its working just fine for me but the defendeer series is more for people who are like constraction workers and really do it a number on there storm like i said the one for 28 is good enough but you dont have to listen to me but then when you get it and its all bulky in your pocket your goiing to kick your self. good luck guys
    11-19-09 08:50 PM
    I like my commuter case.
    11-20-09 05:43 AM
    Use coupon code TechBargains109n for 20% off your order

yup yup... i cancel my order on CB and order direct from otterbox... i dont think i want to take an extra week of chance.... coming monday... had it overnight..
    11-20-09 09:24 PM
    post up some pics!! i want to make sure it doesnt have the possible screen issues some of the commuters have. Although it sounds as if Otterbox has great customer service.
    11-20-09 09:57 PM
    i just ordered one. since i'm an airplane mechanic, i feel safer with all that extra protection.
    11-21-09 12:01 PM
    Just got mine in the mail today. It fits nice but the buttons on the screen wont click at all. I took the screen protector off and its better but not much
    11-21-09 03:14 PM
    This is disconcerting. I wonder if putting he S2 in such a large case is causing the same prob as when you lay the phone on a flat surface and have trouble clicking the buttons. I hope not. I really need the protection that this case can provide.

11-21-09 03:24 PM
    I think the frame around the screen is to tight against the screen or it should be smaller so you can see the edges of the screen. This sucks, I too need this type of protection, but can't sacrifce the usablity of the phone. I can not answer calls with this case at all.
    11-21-09 03:30 PM
    I think the frame around the screen is to tight against the screen or it should be smaller so you can see the edges of the screen. This sucks, I too need this type of protection, but can't sacrifce the usablity of the phone. I can not answer calls with this case at all.
    What was the outcome of this? I was about to order this case when I saw your post. Looking for a silicone case that will also clip on my belt and like the durability of the OtterBox cases. However, if it makes the phone unusable then that sucks.

Thoughts?

Anyone have any suggestions on something that may work better? I don't need all the protection, just a silicone case that also clips...
    11-23-09 02:12 PM
    Well I took the screen protector off and the case will work. I just wish I had the screen protection. Otterbox did not return my email.
    11-23-09 02:36 PM
    11-23-09 02:58 PM
    Nice pics but do you have any button click issues with the screen protector on and the phone inside the defender case?
    11-23-09 03:00 PM
    Nice pics but do you have any button click issues with the screen protector on and the phone inside the defender case?
    no clicking issues because the screen protector is a separate piece from the hard case...

and i have no problem with any button issues... all work flawless
    11-23-09 03:19 PM

+10 , would hate to put that on such a nice looking phone.
    11-23-09 05:02 PM
    Yeah, but for those of us that work in situations and environments that will absolutely DESTROY a phone, it is awesome!
    11-23-09 05:41 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD