Hi Guys

I need to find the best hard case to protect my treasured 2 week old 8900.

I came across a website for the 'Otter Box Defender case' and liked the look of it. Has anyone bought this case and if so, can they comment on how well its made, and level of protection it gives to the 8900, etc, please?

Also, I'm based in the UK and none of the high street stores have heard of this case let alone stock it. Are there any UK owners of this case here? and if so can they advise where they got it from and how much they paid for it too?

Thanks
    10-29-09 04:10 AM
    I have the Otterbox Defender case for my Tour. It's very well made and rugged. That being said it's a bit bulky and too big to easily fit in a pocket. The belt holder is rugged and secure. The "grippy" silicone outer case also snags when trying to insert into a pocket so it's really meant to be used with the belt holder. I purchased the Defender before the Commuter case was available. Maybe the Commuter would have been a better choice for me. Otherwise, no regrets.
    Last edited by SuperGlideSport; 10-29-09 at 05:23 AM.
    10-29-09 04:35 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm not too concerned about bulkiness as protection is A MAIN priority(Previously damaged 1 mth old HTC hero phone by accidently dropping it and cracking screen, shell- no insurance! ouch! )

Anymore comments welcomed from others btw....

I have the Otterbox Defender case for my Tour. It's very well made and rugged. That being said it's a bit bulky and too big to easily fit in a pocket. The belt holder is rugged and secure. The "grippy" silicone outer case also snags when trying to insert into a pocket so it's really mean't to be used with the belt holder. I purchased the Defender before the Commuter case was available. Maybe the Commuter would have been a better choice for me. Otherwise, no regrets.
    10-29-09 04:47 AM
    I had one. Makes the phone nearly indestructible. I gave mine to a friend because it was way too much for what I was looking for. Makes the phone really big and heavy, BUT if you need something like this because of the nature of you job or hobby then by all means it is the only way to go.
    10-29-09 07:37 AM
    Like everyone has said above. It does add a lot of bulk to your phone. I had a lot of issues with the overlay. I finally gave up on the overlay and ordered some screen protectors since the overlay was also messing up my (already poor) typing abilities. Right now I am not using the case, but after my screen protectors come in, I'll probably switch back to it. The defender case also comes with a holster that will put the phone to sleep/lock when inserted.
    10-29-09 07:48 AM
    I work at a phone store that sells both the Defender and the Commuter.... while the Defender is by far the best protection for it, I much rather the Commuter and is what I have on my 8900.... I like it better because it's not near as bulky, and I can put my phone in my pocket... It doesn't come with a holster, and I don't use them... also, I don't want my keys covered, or have bubbles under the screen part of the overlay, Commuter comes with a high-quality screen protector that has caused me no problems whatsoever... and yes, I have dropped the phone some, withstood every drop except rebooted once...
    10-29-09 01:43 PM
    Thanks for all the input guys. Defender case it will be! Managed to track a seller on Ebay that has one in stock @ 36.00 ($65.00 approx). Kinda expensive but I guess it's because it's imported from the states but I suppose it's cheaper than folking out for another replacement if I drop this one!
    10-29-09 03:02 PM
    Thanks for all the input guys. Defender case it will be! Managed to track a seller on Ebay that has one in stock @ 36.00 ($65.00 approx). Kinda expensive but I guess it's because it's imported from the states but I suppose it's cheaper than folking out for another replacement if I drop this one!
    wow, $65 is kinda high... we pay $32 for them (bulk), and charge $49.99.... ive seen them as low as $32 on ebay....
    10-29-09 04:55 PM
    iSkin is the best case protector I used so far.
    10-29-09 07:26 PM
    OtterBox makes the best cases IMHO. I don't get a new daily driver Berry until OtterBox has released a case for it!
    I've had/have an OtterBox defender for my 8110, 8310, 9000, and the subject of this thread the 8900. This is by far the best case they've made yet! The silicone skin is locked in perfectly, the screen protector is a thin hard plastic built into the shell (no more bubbles!) as is the camera/flash cover. The keyboard cover stays tight but is optional for those who don't like the feel.
    Its not the perfect case for everybody, what is right? However, for my day to day use its perfect! I'm a truck (lorry) driver and I beat the **** out of my Berry. Drops onto concrete from 6ft up, dirt and dust, oil and grease, **** I've stood in pouring rain and talked on the phone! It might not be completely waterproof, but it does a great job in any inclement weather I've subjected to. As far as bulk, I like the way it looks and feels in the case. For pocket use, well, I'm a holster kinda guy but I have no problems carrying or placing/removing it from my relaxed fit jeans pocket.
    Best of all is the customer service that I have received from OtterBox. In my experience they have stood behind their product and resolved any issues that I have had in a friendly and very quick manner.
    Anyhoo, sales spiel over I see you already decided to get one, and I hope you find it even half as useful/indestructible as I have!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 09:01 PM
    we may get lucky and have tmobile goof up again and give out up to 5 free and all you had to do was pay like 5 bucks shipping ahhhhhhh the good old days
    10-30-09 12:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD