I just got the Otterbox Defender case for the 9700. Before I posted I read all of the posts I could find on the case and my issue wasn't really addressed.

The case is brand new ordered off of eBay. It's obviously a rugged case and I like the protection it offers for the phone. The problem is that the lower portion of the case, while "together", is a bit loose. So when I type on the phone, it feels loose and I can feel the case creaking a bit. I have one of these cases for my iPhone 3GS and it's solid as a rock.

Also... I read a lot about how some people were having issues with the phones snapping out of the cases when being bumped... my phone is actually difficult to get out of the holster, and certainly not by bumping into things. As is the iPhone case. Not sure if there's been an improvement since January (when that particular thread was started).

So, if you have an Otterbox for the 9700, does yours feel loose as I've described? Or is it more "solid"?

Thanks!
    02-17-10 07:59 PM
    mine is solid as can be
    02-17-10 08:11 PM
    I have the commuter case and its perfect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 08:32 PM
    I have to really give it a yank to get it out of the holster, or at least I did until I learned the trick. I find tilting it downward from the top unsnaps it pretty well.

No way at all the phone is going to fall out on its own, but i have heard others say this, so maybe it was a redesign, as you say.

Mine is solid, no creaking, had it on / off twice now in the last month.
    02-17-10 11:49 PM
    If I grab mine by the top and bottom to press standby I get a creak but nothing while typing, it's only when I put a ton of pressure on the bottom clip directly.

My guess is with people who were having the phones pop out of the holsters possibly didn't have them clipped in properly to begin with (not on purpose of course). A few times I've put mine in holster only to discover it was hanging out quite obviously and attached under the side clamps, so to speak.

I wouldn't use any other case now, that's for sure. Otterboxes or bust!
    02-18-10 12:33 AM
    I contacted Otterbox and they're looking into sending me a replacement. I'll see how that goes... so far, Excellent customer service!
    02-19-10 03:15 PM
    Yeah, mine is solid also
    02-19-10 10:32 PM
    I got an email from Otterbox later in the day and they've already shipped me out a new case. I am uber-impressed with the customer service.
    02-20-10 12:32 AM
    My guess is with people who were having the phones pop out of the holsters possibly didn't have them clipped in properly to begin with (not on purpose of course). A few times I've put mine in holster only to discover it was hanging out quite obviously and attached under the side clamps, so to speak.
    I'm just going to update this and eat some crow. After two weeks of use my berry was constantly falling out of the holster and then one of the tabs came away in my hand when I picked it up. And of course, I bought it on Ebay so I don't have a hope of getting a replacement holster. So my mistake in assuming people weren't clipping them in properly. Sigh.
    03-10-10 09:59 PM
    I only get the creek when pressing the top bottons. But I JUST (like 5 hrs ago) bought the case. The siilicon is already loose. But feels rly solid.... I like it with the exception of the outer keys being rly close to the edges and sometimes hard to press with my fat fingers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 10:45 PM
    I just got mine yesterday and is solid but the only problem I found is that it gets full of dust, from my clothes or just from around. Is this they way it is?
    03-12-10 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD