Well kids, the otterbox defender has died after only 3 weeks on the my belt. I have been displeased with it's quality from day one. It would fall out several times a day due to a poor design. Today however, one of the side clips on the holster actually broke off. I'm done with otterbox. They produced a great case and holster for the 9000, but this thing was garbage. I will be sending it back to them.

I have ordered a Siedo, so I hope it's a bit tougher.
    02-21-10 04:05 PM
    Have you tried the commuter box? Mine's been pretty amazing. Dropped my phone several times and so far so good. I am surprised that even with your defender, it broke on you. Its a pretty hefty price for that to happen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-10 05:09 PM
    i use innocase surface ii

no complaints from me. fits in the oem holster too.
    02-21-10 05:14 PM
    Have you tried the commuter box? Mine's been pretty amazing. Dropped my phone several times and so far so good. I am surprised that even with your defender, it broke on you. Its a pretty hefty price for that to happen

Haven't tried that one. I work in construction, so I need the maximum protection around. I like a cover and a belt clip. The cover / skin that came with the defender is fine and works great, the issue is the clip and how the phone sits in it. Basically it has two bump outs on the skin that are supposed to lock into the clip. It's a bad design.

The case for the 9000 actually slid down into the clip and you had to want to get the phone out.....with purpose. It was a much better design.
    02-21-10 05:55 PM
    I have the Innocase 360 and I hate it... Just ordered a Defender for $32 dollars, hopefully I wont have problems. I dont use the belt clip, but had actually thought about it with the O-box. We'll see...
    02-21-10 06:00 PM
    Incipio Silicrylic is a good case. Ive had Otter, Seidio and now this:
    02-21-10 06:13 PM
    I have the Innocase 360 and I hate it... Just ordered a Defender for $32 dollars, hopefully I wont have problems. I dont use the belt clip, but had actually thought about it with the O-box. We'll see...
    If you don't use the belt clip, I think you will like the skin. Trust me, I have dropped this phone at least 30 times on concrete and it is fine. My issue is with the holster.

02-21-10 06:35 PM
    Haven't tried that one. I work in construction, so I need the maximum protection around. I like a cover and a belt clip. The cover / skin that came with the defender is fine and works great, the issue is the clip and how the phone sits in it. Basically it has two bump outs on the skin that are supposed to lock into the clip. It's a bad design.

The case for the 9000 actually slid down into the clip and you had to want to get the phone out.....with purpose. It was a much better design.
    The raised portion which snap in to the clip are molded on the the hard plastic case, not the skin.

I've had mine a month and it snaps in very tightly.

No problems so far. I love the thing.
    02-21-10 06:35 PM
    I work for AT&T and just threw one of my phone, not for me!
    02-21-10 06:37 PM
    i like the defender case, but my holster clip broke also....the three layers of protection I LOOOOVE
    02-21-10 10:12 PM
    Well kids, the otterbox defender has died after only 3 weeks on the my belt. I have been displeased with it's quality from day one. It would fall out several times a day due to a poor design. Today however, one of the side clips on the holster actually broke off. I'm done with otterbox. They produced a great case and holster for the 9000, but this thing was garbage. I will be sending it back to them.

I have ordered a Siedo, so I hope it's a bit tougher.
    I just broke my second holster. Otterbox replaced the first one no issues, the replacement lasted about 2 weeks. I emailed them yesterday and asked for a refund.
    02-21-10 11:31 PM
    where did you buy the case from? it comes with a year warranty, just switch out the holster if you like skin!
    02-22-10 01:16 AM
    I had the Defender case for my Blackberry 9000. Any time I took a flash picture, I'd get a glare from the polycarbonate clear cover (first layer) and pictures were crap. I'm wondering if the same thing happens with the 9700...or is that not an issue now since the flash and the lens are separate?
    02-22-10 01:21 AM
    I just broke my second holster. Otterbox replaced the first one no issues, the replacement lasted about 2 weeks. I emailed them yesterday and asked for a refund.
    I am going to fedex it back to them in Colorado where it came from with a nice letter asking if this the quality the expect.
    02-22-10 07:40 AM
    Do that, OtterBox have excellent customer service. I am sure they are willing to send you a new one without further questions. Do keep us updated on this issue though!
    02-22-10 08:13 AM
    Otterbox has a life time warranty. They will replace the case/holster has many times as needed to make things right.
    02-22-10 08:37 AM
    Incipio Silicrylic is a good case. Ive had Otter, Seidio and now this:
    OT, but can I ask what theme that is with the two lines of icons....Thanks
    02-22-10 12:07 PM
    Sorry to here about the problems.
    I have nothing but great things to say about Otter Box. Mine has been perfect and has already saved my phone in a sledding accident

I am buying a used pearl for my weekend hiking trips. The Otter box is the first thing I will buy. I just have not seen anything offer that kind of protection.
    02-22-10 09:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD