For anyone that uses the Otterbox Defender for the 9650, does the case cover up the screen? I've seen some pictures that make it look like the hard part of the case overlaps on to the screen a little, just wanted to check before I get it.

And I guess I'll just go ahead and ask, would you recommend it in general?
    01-05-11 11:04 PM
    I did have that problem with the Tour and the Defender. I actually used a dremel tool VERY CAREFULLY to grind away a bit of the bezel. It was not easy since I did not want to mar the clear plastic screen protector which is glued to the bezel. It was not a lot of blockage but I did find it irritating - it probably cut off a pixel or two in that area across the screen width.
    01-06-11 12:52 AM
    If you can get past that, the protection it offers is unmatched. And customer service is top-notch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-11 01:01 AM
    There have been several post on this, the latest last week. I understand this is by design and does not bother me. Also, what genomos said.

01-06-11 08:39 AM
    A little off topic but I use the Commuter Case and the clipless blackberry case (the one with the elastic on the sides)....that way my keyboard/screen are always protected in my pocket....

And wow otterbox should give seminars on customer service....they are great!

Kenny

01-06-11 10:23 AM
    For anyone that uses the Otterbox Defender for the 9650, does the case cover up the screen? I've seen some pictures that make it look like the hard part of the case overlaps on to the screen a little, just wanted to check before I get it.

And I guess I'll just go ahead and ask, would you recommend it in general?

I have used the commuter case coupled with the leather swivel case for the bold 9000. Great for and still have the protection with a leather case with that particular case on. The bb 8700 leather case also works as well. Still makes the phone sleek and not bulky. I have used this formula for a couple of bolds. Hope this helps.
    01-06-11 06:52 PM
    I have a Defender Case for my 9650. I have not noticed any issues with the screen. My only problem is thatthe case does not allow all chargers to be used with it. While my BB charger fits without a problem, but a Sprint car charger is very tight and an IGo charger will not fit at all. The problem is the width of the the charger head and the depth of the case around the port. Not a big deal, again dremel can fix it.
    01-07-11 09:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD