Just out of all curiosity, i ordered the Otterbox Defender for my Curve 8530, so, a case as thick as that has it downfalls correct?: Has anyone noticed any "Service Drops" or poorer call quality or anything of the sort related too service using it? Does it still provide just as good of service with the Otterbox on, as it would be off?

*** Not just intended towards Curve user's, anyone who has a "Defender" case please give me your opinion!
    12-01-10 10:32 PM
    The case does not effect the signal, and my sound quality was ok on my Storm2, BUT others have complained. In the end though I found the case to be too bulky and no with my Bold 9650 I use an Otterbox Communter.
    rupprecht123 likes this.
    12-01-10 10:41 PM
    Ohkay, thats what i like too hear! I was just curious because of the size of the case I figured their might be a little bit of signal lose, but thats good too hear theirs not!
    12-01-10 10:43 PM
    I have an Otterbox Defender for my S2 and I really like it. I've detected no signal loss. But then I live in an area where I almost always have 5 bars it seems. It is not too bulky for me. It slides in and out of my jeans pocket with ease.
    12-01-10 10:56 PM
    The case does not effect the signal, and my sound quality was ok on my Storm2, BUT others have complained. In the end though I found the case to be too bulky and no with my Bold 9650 I use an Otterbox Communter.
    I have the Commuter for my 9650 too. I give it a 9.5 out of 10. Love the case in general, but I hate the fact that there is a flaw with the USB port cover.....it doesn't stay shut easily.
    12-02-10 08:43 AM
    I have the defender case for the tour 9630 and go between areas with either great coverage or no coverage. I took the case off for a couple of days to see if the signal differed and did not have any change. Yes, it might be a little bulky, but for the protection its well worth it.
    12-02-10 09:42 AM
    Oh alright thanks!
    12-02-10 04:00 PM
    I bought an OtterBox but never got to see the affect on signal. I took one look
    at that monstrosity on my device, repackaged it and sent it back for a refund.
    12-02-10 04:15 PM
    I bought an OtterBox but never got to see the affect on signal. I took one look
    at that monstrosity on my device, repackaged it and sent it back for a refund.
    I just found a new candidate for AG's CB Wit thread in OT. ROFL I found the Defender to be too bunky as well, BUT I like the size of the communter.
    12-02-10 04:37 PM
    PK, the Defender does look good and is without a doubt less bulky. I am just
    not a fan of the product line. Even at it's thinnest it is still too bulky for my
    tastes, but OB has a huge following so they have to be doing something right
    12-02-10 04:49 PM
    I just got my Defender for Curve 3G on Verizon. I love this case, I've been able to do everything I use to do b4 I got the bb. Yeah the phone got a little bit bigger but I don't care about the size just as long as it does its job!! A++

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mag0842; 12-03-10 at 11:03 AM.
    12-03-10 11:00 AM
    I have the defender for the 9650. Love it. Will always have the sturdiest model otter box for my future phones. Also, no noticeable change in signal strength, and I travel a LOT.
    12-03-10 05:54 PM
    I got the OB Defender for my 9650. Having large hands, it actually seems to fit better for me. My wife has a 9650 as well and when I try to type something on her phone, it just seems tiny. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
    12-03-10 06:15 PM
    I just slapped the Defender on my case last night around 9 PM so I've only had today to play with it. I'm a Paramedic and purchased this case because of the often rough nature of my work, bumping into things and dropping my phone.

I actually like the extra weight and bulkiness of this case, it feels more stable in my hand. A couple of design flaws are a bit of a drag, separating the two pieces of the hard shell to place the phone in the case took a surprising amount of force, feeling as though I might break the plastic (actually, I may have, as one side is creaky). The case also simply slides into the holster, there is no locking mechanism to keep it secured. Since it only relies on friction between then rubber outer sleeve and the plastic case, the phone can fall out if inverted (or possibly while running).

In reference to signal loss, I will be the first to say MAYBE. Again, I put my Blackberry Bold 9650 in this case last night, so I need more time to say for sure. But when I awoke this morning my phone was only picking up 1x rather than 3G and Blackberry coverage, which is highly unusual for my house. Throughout the day I have also noticed that it is steady switching to 1x from 3G while on phone calls, something I had not noticed before. Inclement weather we have had over the past 48 hours or the phone itself may be to blame, time will tell.

OVERALL, I like this case. However, if it is decreasing the signal strength, I will have to find a replacement.
    12-17-10 06:59 PM
    I used an OB defender on a 8520, and then on an I Phone 3GS, and now have the commuter on my BB Torch. No problems with loss of signal on any unit. Yes the Defender is large but well worth it. I wish their were a Defender available for the Torch! :-)
    12-18-10 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD