2 Questions...

1. After extensive research I see the the ottherbox defender is supposed to be this shiznet. Before I but it for 50 bones, are there any recommendations that anyone else can make that I look at or is otterbox the end all be all...

2. I dont know if this is allowed but 50 bucks from otterbox is a lot. Where is everyone finding the best deals at for these?
    07-22-09 10:09 PM
    My $50 defender on my 8830 saved me hundreds in insurance. Buy it, love it, and don't look back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 10:33 PM
    Had one for my 8330 and saved my BB on more than one occasion. Ordered one for my Tour first day it was available, should be here tomorrow.
    07-22-09 10:47 PM
    I've had 3 now... 1 on an 8330 and 2 on 8830s. My wife has recieved my 8830 and my 8330 and she loves the case, she's a clutz so she drops it a lot. Recently gave her my 8330 and we're going to give the 8830 to our daughter.

I'm actually getting my OtterBox for the Tour tomorrow. I'll write up a review, pictures, and even try to get a video posted on here of me dropping it down my stairs to show how awesome it is. That is, if Kevin will allow it???
    07-22-09 10:50 PM
    do you Need to use the clear plastic on the keys? like, do you assemble it when you get it? Could i just not install it..
    I love the idea, as ive scratched my 8330 screen many times, and replaced it a few, and im not sure this tour will be as re-placeable. this sounds like a good alternative to the insurance, but the plastic key thing looks annoying...
    07-22-09 11:00 PM
    There is a thread/message saying that the usb cable does not fit properly in the new otterbox.
    07-23-09 12:32 AM
    Yeah, I can vouch for the charger port being an issue. I would wait a little bit and let them straighten this issue out, I have no doubt they will. They are a pleasure to deal with. The clip came off of my last Otterbox holster. I gave them a call and they immediately sent out a new holster, no questions asked (Plus I think it was past the 90 days). They really do stand behind their product which really isn't too common these days.
    07-23-09 05:28 PM
    Yeah, I can vouch for the charger port being an issue. I would wait a little bit and let them straighten this issue out, I have no doubt they will. They are a pleasure to deal with. The clip came off of my last Otterbox holster. I gave them a call and they immediately sent out a new holster, no questions asked (Plus I think it was past the 90 days). They really do stand behind their product which really isn't too common these days.
    so ur having the same issue? yea give them a call, the more people who call letting them know of this error the quicker the fix.
    07-23-09 05:31 PM
    Does the otterbox seem kinda bulky to anyone? havent tried it. But i really need a strong case.
    07-23-09 05:40 PM
    ordered mine on tuesday,should be getting it on saturday,Dont think ill be using the plastic film that goes over the screen and keyboard though.I was by a verizon store and saw the otter box for the storm and was pretty shocked at how it wasnt as bulky as it appeared to be in the pics,hopefully itlll be the same for mine.
    07-23-09 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD