Anyone know how to fix the camera without having to rip or cutting the case up?

Can't take any pics because of it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 07:58 PM
    I've had my otterbox defender for just over 2 weeks, it was the 1st purchase I made here on cb and my 1st purchase I made for my bold. Like you I realized fast that the plastic screen over the camera was making pictures very distorted. So after some research here on cb and google, the only fix I found was to void the warranty and pop the plastic out which was covering the camera. So far it hasn't caused any issues but I still didn't like doing it. So goodluck in your findings but if you do decide to pop the plastic out, I recomend heating the area up around where the platic covering was and remove ALL of the silicone glue before putting your bold back in the case.

03-03-09 08:08 PM
    I guess ill just deal with it for now and carry my mini camera with me

03-03-09 08:15 PM
    Like zoraks said, pop the plastic out. And I doubt that otterbox would void the warranty. I've always had postive dealings with their CSR's and they've sent me replacement pieces (rubber skin and a holster) no questions asked by UPS in a week
    03-04-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD