I recently purchased the case for my 8830 from Otterbox and much to my chagrin when I plopped down on the couch it caught at a strange angle and the holster broke.......sucky, huh? Well I call their customer service and no questions asked at their cost they are shipping me another holster as we speak. I thought I would share my experience with my fellow CBers...if you are thinking about getting the case...do it. I'm really impressed with the product and the customer service is stellar!
    03-24-08 11:59 AM
    I'm really surprised it actually broke. I have had this happen getting in my car more times than I can count. They are an awesome company so I'm not surprised that they are immediately taking care of the problem. Its nice to see a company out there with both great products and great customer service.
    03-24-08 12:09 PM
    Thats funny, mine broke also as I was getting inside the car. Just called them today and they will be doing the same shipping me a new one via ups.
    03-24-08 12:29 PM
    Cool. Great to know as the UPS guy just dropped mine off today today. Always nice when a company backs their product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 01:13 PM
    Does the otterbox case bulk the phone a lot or keep it pretty slimline?

03-24-08 07:52 PM
    Does the otterbox case bulk the phone a lot or keep it pretty slimline?

It bulks it out a lot.
    03-24-08 08:00 PM
    It adds bulk to my curve, but I find it more comfortable to hold and type on. It does take a little time to get used to, though.
    03-25-08 01:21 PM
    Cool. Great to know as the UPS guy just dropped mine off today today. Always nice when a company backs their product.

Do you have to hassle and send back the old, broken one?
    03-26-08 01:13 PM
    Is there a retail store that sells otterboxes? I want to try playing with one first before I buy it.
    03-26-08 01:26 PM
    I love the otterbox case for my curve. Have you ever used the curve without the case...it feels so tiny! But anyways buy this case there's none better.

03-31-08 07:19 PM
    F2, sorry I missed your question earlier... I did not have a defective case, I just ordered one for the first time. I was just stating it's nice to know if I do have a problem I have a good chance of it being taken care of.

On that note, it's been a week with the case and it is great. It does bulk the Curve up, but the protection is worth it to me. I do love the full screen and keypad cover also. I did a few small modifications ... cut off the mic cover b/c it was causing an echo, cut a hole for the camera lens for clearer pics with no flare from the flash. Also when installing it I used the smallest amount of windex (less then 1 drop) spread it on the screen part of the skin which drastically helped with removing bubbles. I was anal with that but it is perfectly smooth now.

03-31-08 11:17 PM
    I like the OtterBox case too. Can't really believe how much protection it offers (even though it does bulk up the berry a bit). But it does make it easier for me to carry and use. It's like no matter how careful I try to be, something always happens and then I kick myself for it. Thank God I got an OtterBox case, or else I'd probably be all bruised up from beating myself.

I just read from Semsons & Co. Inc. (where I got my case) that they're offering free shipping on their OtterBox cases. Their prices are pretty good and without shipping, it's like a steal. You can check out the blog (and the coupon code) here: semsons.blogspot.com.
    04-02-08 01:56 PM
    I too was impressed with their customer service. I got my new Otterbox the other day and scratched the membrane trying to smooth out the bubbles over the screen. I called and they are sending me a new one at no charge, not even shipping.

If you follow the directions to apply the membrane it almost dissapears. It is applied with a drop of a water/dish soap mixture between the membrane and the screen pretty much like window tint is applied. My mistake was that I did not also apply the mixture on the outer surface of the membrane to provide some lubrication while I rubbed it with the credit card to smooth out the bubbles.

Lesson learned, the next one will come out perfectly...
    04-04-08 08:21 AM
    I just purchased a skin for my 8350i and it when the skin is installed, it causes an echo for the party I am speaking to.

Thanks.

F2, sorry I missed your question earlier... I did not have a defective case, I just ordered one for the first time. I was just stating it's nice to know if I do have a problem I have a good chance of it being taken care of.

On that note, it's been a week with the case and it is great. It does bulk the Curve up, but the protection is worth it to me. I do love the full screen and keypad cover also. I did a few small modifications ... cut off the mic cover b/c it was causing an echo, cut a hole for the camera lens for clearer pics with no flare from the flash. Also when installing it I used the smallest amount of windex (less then 1 drop) spread it on the screen part of the skin which drastically helped with removing bubbles. I was anal with that but it is perfectly smooth now.

01-05-09 09:42 PM
    anyone know when the storm otterbox is comming out?
    01-06-09 09:33 AM
    ive never dealt with a companys cs as i have with otterbox. they are deffently on top
    01-06-09 12:03 PM
    I've been considering getting one for my pearl, but does the keys cover make it hard to type with?
    01-10-09 02:27 PM
    My friend was thinking about buying this case for his Nextel Curve. I will have to share this thread with him...

-thanks
    01-10-09 04:51 PM
    I've been considering getting one for my pearl, but does the keys cover make it hard to type with?
    It doesn't for me. Unless you look really close, you can't even tell it's on there. I can feel it, but the difference is negligible, and its worth it to know that dust and whatever else can't get down in my keyboard....
    01-20-09 07:00 AM
    My friend was thinking about buying this case for his Nextel Curve. I will have to share this thread with him...

-thanks
    Personally, this has been the best case I have ever had.. I drop it on the floor, in the street, on the subway...

Excellent.. and yes it does add bulk, but not in an awkward way like some cases do.
    01-22-09 12:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD