06-04-09 12:57 PM
36 12
    Yippeee! UPS says that it is enroute for delivery to me-I will snap some pics of it before the day is out.
    06-03-09 09:05 AM
    Yippeee! UPS says that it is enroute for delivery to me-I will snap some pics of it before the day is out.
    Good, the pics on the first page are from OtterBox.
    06-03-09 09:35 AM
    Funny, I first laughed at this but after dropping my 8900 for like the 10th time, I'm actually considering it.

I just need to get over the fact my phone will look like it's member of a SWAT team..
    06-03-09 12:41 PM
    This case is huge! I am working on Photo Bucket. If I can't get it done through Photo Bucket, I will use Flickr. Dang, it's been awhile.
    06-03-09 06:37 PM
    Yea it's too bulky for my taste but looks like it keeps the phone well protected.
    06-03-09 08:27 PM
    No pics yet?
    06-03-09 09:45 PM
    (Sorry for the crappy pictures, I will take more photos with a true camera. These photos are courtesy of my BB 8900)

Think of this monstrosity of a case as a sandwhich. You cover you BB with the PVC cover for the keyboard. Then, you encase that with the plastic hardshell, which has a plastic window for the screen and the back camera. One thing to note is that there is a mask/filter that sits on the speaker(s) (the rear speaker and the front ear piece) so that sound may travel but not dust. The hardshell is then covered by the rubber skin, which has plugs for the headphone jack and the micro-USB jack.

The holstering aspect is that the screenw will be facing the user's body, and not outward. The holster has a magnet that puts the BB in sleep/standby. The case is not very easy to unholster with one hand. I must use one hand to hold the holster, and the other to pull the BB out. I think that with time, it will come out easier, but for those who do not lock their BB, you might mash the side buttons and turn on the camera or voice prompt. The ratcheting clip does not come off, and it uses a metal spring type (think metal binder clips) and seems to be built pretty well, unlike those molded all in one plastic solutions.

You also get these small, foam rings to "enhance the microphone." I think this is to address the hollowness of the phone call because the mic is pressed against the hardshell and then the rubber. So far, no complaints from callers.

Usability wise, the PVC cover for the keyboard will take some time to get use to. It's flimsy, and it sounds like walking on a floor with sticky shoes, or walking on a sticky floor with shoes. I suspect that it will wear out quicker then you would think with a lot of use. The beloved Pearl is somewhat hindered by the horizontal bar. You can use the Pearl, but as your thumb has a natural tendacy to move up and down freely, it will be hindered by that horizontal bar when going up.

Well, I am going to try to do some more pictures with "in use" shots. Have a good one!

P.S.: Because I applied the BSE (Best Skins Ever), it fits a little tight, but you get the pancake surface effect-when the skin touches the screen window. I think I will keep the BSE, in case I want to go sleek and low profile; and not armored.

A close up of the ratcheting belt clip:

The holster, with magnet visible:

Another holster view:

The PVC wrap for the keyboard (think clingwrap)

Rubber skin on the left, and the hard plastic shell on the right

The rubber skin slips on top of the hard plastic shell.

Last edited by mynameismerlin; 06-04-09 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Added more descriptive info.
    06-04-09 01:50 AM
    "For those of you who beat the sh*t out of your phones..." LMAO, ur funny
    06-04-09 02:50 AM
    too thick and bulky
    06-04-09 10:40 AM
    too thick and bulky
    thats my sentiment. I like the phone for it's sleekness. But if you know you're gonna drop and abuse the phone, i can see it's usefulness.
    06-04-09 12:47 PM
    The clingwrap is tacky IMO. The whole thing looks bad, but if you need the protection I guess it's your best choice. Ugh.
    06-04-09 12:57 PM
36 12