Hello fellow crackheads.

Does anybody have a huge discount coupon code?

I want to get the new Otterbox case for my Pearl, but the shipping charges are ridiculous! And that's the standard rate to Canada!

Any help would be appreciated.

Matt1972
    04-01-08 06:50 AM
    Have you tried to find a distributor in Canada? I paid $5 for shipping through a distributor in the USA. If you go to otterbox's website, you can find a list of distributors in Canada.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-08 09:27 AM
    I have been in touch with the distributor here in Canada, but they do not sell to individuals. You have to be a company that will order a large quantity.

Do you know of any stores in the US that would sell the Otterbox? We go cross-border from time to time and I could pick one up that way and avoid the shipping costs.
    04-01-08 05:52 PM
    I bought mine from someone in California. Probably a little out of the way. Try otterbox's website for ideas on distributors.

04-02-08 12:12 PM
    There isn't an otterbox for the 8130 yet is there?

04-02-08 12:41 PM
    Yeah there is actually. It's the OtterBox 1936 for Blackberry 8120 and 8130. I found it from Semsons & Co. Inc. They are also offering free shipping right now (read that from their blog). It's on sale for $39.99 and there's no shipping until 4/14. I don't think offers can get better than this. Check out their blog and coupon codes at: semsons.blogspot.com
    04-02-08 01:26 PM
    Wow that case looks huge! I hadn't seen one of those before. Does it really make the phone bulk up?
    04-02-08 01:40 PM
    Eglantine,

I checked out Semsons & Co. and found the Otterbox for my Pearl just as you said! They offer a coupon code (dealtaker) and I saved another 5%. I did have to pay $25 for shipping, but I'm guessing that is b/c they are shipping to the frigid north. I still saved though as opposed to going through Otterbox.

Thanks,

Matt

Yeah there is actually. It's the OtterBox 1936 for Blackberry 8120 and 8130. I found it from Semsons & Co. Inc. They are also offering free shipping right now (read that from their blog). It's on sale for $39.99 and there's no shipping until 4/14. I don't think offers can get better than this. Check out their blog and coupon codes at: semsons.blogspot.com
    04-02-08 06:44 PM
    I have the otterbox case on my phone right now. It does bulk up the 8130 slightly but it keeps the phone clean and the case is water resistent. I like it!

04-02-08 10:13 PM
    Will the phone still fit comfortably in your front pocket? or is that out of the question with this case"?
    04-03-08 03:42 PM
    I still put mine in my front pocket. But it depends if you wear girl pants or regular pants.

04-03-08 10:16 PM
    I'm safe then. My pants are as manly as the next guys.
    04-04-08 12:35 PM
    haha, yeah, or you can put them in your backpocket, give you some extra cushioning lol
    04-08-08 06:01 PM
    I have the case and it is cool. You will get use to the size of it. If you google coupon code Otter Box, it will give you some codes. I bought the case, and also a water proof case and it was over $65 so they shipped it free. I then put in the 20% off code and paid just over $50. Best deal i could find, and well worth it.
    04-08-08 08:12 PM
    wow that is a good deal. I only needed one case though. But I guess having two does come in handy.
    04-09-08 11:17 AM
    Hey crackheads,

I got my Otterbox case the other day and the only thing I do not like about it is the thin clear vinyl they give you to cover the screen and 'keyboard'. I found that it was too loose for my preference. What I did was use a screen protector that is commonly used for protecting iPods, pda's etc. I cut it down to size for my beloved Pearl screen and left the keyboard uncovered. I'm liking the protection my Pearl has now.

I won't be wearing my Pearl on my hip, but the clip that is included fits nicely on my messenger bag, so my Pearl is close by as needed.
    04-09-08 09:44 PM
    glad you're happy!
    04-10-08 11:54 AM
    FYI - Canadian Distribution center for ShopCrackBerry.com is in the works...soon will have much cheaper shipping solutions for Canada and Overseas.
    04-10-08 12:15 PM
    When will it be available? Estimated time is fine...
    04-10-08 03:14 PM
    Mini-Review Follows:

Well I bought the Otterbox and have been using it for a couple of days now so I thought I pass along my observations thus far.

The case is sturdy to the extreme. I feel pretty confident that if (or when) I drop it, everythings going to be alright. Unless of course the screen manages to take a direct hit, but hey, you do what you can. You can save the world. The case does add significantly to the size but I felt like it was a little bit girly in the first place. Not any more though.

The rubber jacket works great at absorbing impacts and also holds the whole thing together nicely. My only complaint with the jacket is that is picks up dust and pocket lint like a magnet.

The inner film is a little loose on the keyboard but thats probably by design. If it was too tight you might inadvertently press adjacent keys when youre typing. At least thats what Im telling myself. I did get a nice bubble free screen though by using the slightly soapy water trick. I wish I would have done the same on the outside of the screen because I put some small scratches on the film.

As for the cost, if you compare it to the Seido Hybrid or clear case along with their holster, its actually cheaper (depending on deals of course).

My closing statement to my longer than intended post is this I like this case a lot.
    04-11-08 05:15 PM
    Mini-Review Follows:

Well I bought the Otterbox and have been using it for a couple of days now so I thought I pass along my observations thus far.

The case is sturdy to the extreme. I feel pretty confident that if (or when) I drop it, everythings going to be alright. Unless of course the screen manages to take a direct hit, but hey, you do what you can. You can save the world. The case does add significantly to the size but I felt like it was a little bit girly in the first place. Not any more though.

The rubber jacket works great at absorbing impacts and also holds the whole thing together nicely. My only complaint with the jacket is that is picks up dust and pocket lint like a magnet.

The inner film is a little loose on the keyboard but thats probably by design. If it was too tight you might inadvertently press adjacent keys when youre typing. At least thats what Im telling myself. I did get a nice bubble free screen though by using the slightly soapy water trick. I wish I would have done the same on the outside of the screen because I put some small scratches on the film.

As for the cost, if you compare it to the Seido Hybrid or clear case along with their holster, its actually cheaper (depending on deals of course).

My closing statement to my longer than intended post is this I like this case a lot.
    So you got a good deal? Where did you buy it from (if you don't mind me asking)
    04-11-08 05:27 PM
    Actually I just ordered from Otterbox.com with no coupons, but my pricing statement is base the standard price for the otterbox ($49.95) vs. the standard for the Seidio case and holster ($29.95 + $29.95). So base to base, the Otterbox is $9.95 cheaper than Seido's equivalent setup. I'm comparing to Seidio's accessories because they were the next runners up in my search for a pimping case.
    04-12-08 01:49 AM
    I feel like Luigi from the cartoon movie Cars when Micheal Schumacher comes into his tire store near the end!

I can't believe that Kevin Michaluk (the man, the f-ing legend!) has posted on a thread that I created! Quick, someone offer to play Guido and punch me in the face!

LOL!

Any idea what the shipping costs are going to be within Canada? There are some sweet deals to be had if you hunt enough or listen to the crackheads around here.

Matt

FYI - Canadian Distribution center for ShopCrackBerry.com is in the works...soon will have much cheaper shipping solutions for Canada and Overseas.
    04-12-08 11:49 AM
    Actually I just ordered from Otterbox.com with no coupons, but my pricing statement is base the standard price for the otterbox ($49.95) vs. the standard for the Seidio case and holster ($29.95 + $29.95). So base to base, the Otterbox is $9.95 cheaper than Seido's equivalent setup. I'm comparing to Seidio's accessories because they were the next runners up in my search for a pimping case.
    That's pretty good. Mine was $39.99 and I didn't have to pay shipping. I got it through Semsons & Co. Inc. and they're having this free shipping promotion: Semsons Says! Semsons (scroll down a little for coupon codes).
    04-14-08 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD