OK, who has used either and what are your opinions? I am leaning towards the Commuter as I keep my Storm in my pocket and the Defender looks t be too bulky.

Thanks!
    11-02-09 09:25 AM
    I had issues with people trying to hear me through the defender. It has a very small mic. hole.
    11-02-09 09:35 AM
    Was that the first version or the revised version?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 09:39 AM
    I have the commuter and LOVE it. Its perfect protection without the bulk. The hard plastic outer shell is perfect for putting in your pocket because it makes the rubber surround issue that would normally grip and make pocketing a nightmare go away.

Its got full rubber surround and a nice plug for the headphone and power jacks. I HIGHLY recommend!!
    11-02-09 10:24 AM
    I had the revised defender and though the phone was protected....no one can hear me.

11-02-09 10:30 AM
    I have the Defender and only use it when I am headed to a construction site. It makes it difficult to read in certain light, the screen is not as respsonsive, and it adds what seems like 30 minutes to a battery pull!

But it does protect the heck out of my Storm 1 when in use.
    11-02-09 10:34 AM
    I had the revised defender and though the phone was protected....no one can hear me.

Same here!
    11-02-09 12:56 PM
    no matter which one you buy, you will love it. OtterBox has one of the best customer service departments I have ever dealt with. I have the defender (Gen. 2) and while it is bulky, it is amazing. See this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=ml3HSI1i

this is a true story. It is me, and I did drop my phone that fall and I still use it to this day, as well as the same case.

OtterBox ALL the way...
    11-02-09 01:38 PM
    Cannot get link to load. GOes to about 1.85 out of 2.30mb's and then freezes every time....

EDIT:

Finally got it loaded.... nice ending to a story! Could have been BAD!
    Last edited by zrxoa1; 11-02-09 at 02:22 PM.
    11-02-09 02:15 PM
    Just ordered the Commuter...see how it goes I guess.
    11-02-09 03:00 PM
    OK, the Commuter came today. Have had it on all day/night. I am not happy. Somehow it is pressing on the screen or keeping the screen from returning to its normal position, which make it barely move when I "click" it.
    11-05-09 04:18 AM
    If you continue to have "issues" with your case, email/call otterbox. like i said, they have the best customer service group i have ever worked with. When I first ordered the Defender case for my Storm, it had issues (ie - hard to click sides of screen due to a case too big, the locking magnet caused issues to) I emailed otterbox and they informed me a Generation II case was out, and simply asked for my Contact info so they could send me the new case.

Please email otterbox and let them know! I bet your problems become solved...

And no, I am not getting paid by otterbox, nor am I affiliated with otterbox in anyway. I am just in love! ha!
    11-09-09 07:43 PM
    I just got the defender and absolutely love it

11-09-09 09:42 PM
    I have emailed Otterbox twice with no reply...

11-12-09 12:56 AM
    I have the Commuter. I decided on it after looking at pictures, trying them both out, and talking to people. From what I gather, the Defender really is best for people who are going to put their phone in hazardous conditions (constructions sites, firefighting, etc.) People who love the Defender need their phone to not break more than they need complete functionality. The Commuter is for people who want decent protection but still want all the functionality. I love it because it looks and feels nice, protects everything, keeps functionality, and still fits in the pocket.
    11-16-09 03:52 PM
    I finally email Otterbox again today and finally got the info needed to return the product. Not sure what the problem is but I cannot use it as is.

11-16-09 04:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD