Hey everyone, I just wanted to comment on the Otterbox Commuter Series. I recently upgraded to the Bold 9700 which is a great phone. But i needed to find a case that offered some decent protection. Well, i kept reading positive reviews about the Otterbox Commuter series and decided to order it. well after using it for a few days, no offense, but how can this case provide any type of practical protection?? The back plastic piece is paper thin and i honestly felt like a baby could snap it in half. And also, that thin plastic piece doesn't even cover the sides of the LCD, only the side of the keyboard?? Not to mention all 4 corners are exposed?

03-03-10 04:22 PM
    Since you don't like it, I'll give you 20$ US shipped to Canada. LMK lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 04:48 PM
    so why didnt you order the defender then??? i use the commuter and think it offers great protection! the thin plastic part is supposed to distribute the shock evenly across the device when dropped, so i would say it does its job very well! if you want bomb proof go for the defender! im sure somebody on the forum will buy your commuter from you.
    03-03-10 04:51 PM
    the most vulnerable parts are edges, and they are protected.
    03-03-10 05:55 PM
    I happen to love it! i dropped my phone getting out of my car and bounced it across the pavement and not one scratch on it thanks to this case
    03-03-10 07:13 PM
    Same here I have the 9630 Tour Otter box, my BB now has nine lives!
    03-03-10 07:34 PM
    Just received my commuter and love it. I had a defender. This is still small enough to type with one hand; and just big enough to feel substantial.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-10 06:52 PM
    Do they make a holster for the commuter case for the storm 2? I have the defender but it is pretty bulky, I like the fact it has a holster. If they make a holster for the commuter I would go to that instead.
    03-05-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD