First of all, after putting the case on, my phone no longer "clacks" when I type on the bottom (trackpad) end of the screen. I also like that its mostly plastic, versus the OB I had on my 9700 which was the Defender and was rubber wrapped, and a magnet for lint. Here are a few pictures..

11-13-10 11:40 AM
    Thanks for the pics. I just ordered this about 15 minutes ago (with the pink of course). Can't wait till I get it.
    11-13-10 11:42 AM
    BTW... Newegg has the pink one for 19.99....
    11-13-10 12:19 PM
    I really liked this case too. It felt nice and solid and durable on the phone. Made it feel almost indestructible.

However, I like a leather case better, so I am trying to sell my Otterbox in the Marketplace:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...9800-a-545018/

Sorry for the shameless plug here.
    11-13-10 12:23 PM
    That's ok... I got mine for 26 shipped from Future Wireless Amazon.com:Future Wireless Electronics Storefront on Amazon... ordered it Thursday and arrived this morning.
    Last edited by joe.kent; 11-13-10 at 12:53 PM.
    11-13-10 12:43 PM
    Its cool that it protects the phone and you like it. It does make the phone to bulky and ugly. But as long as your happy
    11-13-10 12:43 PM
    Its cool that it protects the phone and you like it. It does make the phone to bulky and ugly. But as long as your happy
    You're right..everyone has a difference of opinion on what's bulky and ugly..

11-13-10 01:08 PM
    Wish otterbox would do a redesign of the case to solve the issue with the top piece, then I'd consider it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-10 03:11 PM
    when i use the case my buttons malfunction
    11-13-10 04:30 PM
    I'm having button issues to with the Otterbox- It's going to be returned..
    11-13-10 05:00 PM
    I would like to know if the OP is having any trouble with the top buttons. I know that is the biggest problem with mine. I agree with Papped that OB should redesign it.

11-13-10 05:14 PM
    The OB for the Torch is virtually worthless plastic crap. I'd read earlier impressions from people who got theirs 2-3 months ago before buying it and posting first impressions here. Because the top piece is prone to popping off, it gives a completely false sense of security.

11-13-10 05:44 PM
    I've never had the top piece pop off before, but I didn't like how it created a space between the slider and the phone. I had a wobble with my first torch and the OB made it worse of the course of a week. I never put it on my second torch.
    11-13-10 06:51 PM
    Its a nice case but it scratches the heck out of the chrome bezel! I got one for my wifes iphone and my bold 9700. And yea I love the case but it scratched the **** out of the chrome bezel on both phones

11-13-10 07:04 PM
    The OB for the Torch is virtually worthless plastic crap. I'd read earlier impressions from people who got theirs 2-3 months ago before buying it and posting first impressions here. Because the top piece is prone to popping off, it gives a completely false sense of security.

agreed... this thread makes me laugh - this case is crap...
    11-13-10 08:09 PM
    I would like to know if the OP is having any trouble with the top buttons. I know that is the biggest problem with mine. I agree with Papped that OB should redesign it.

My buttons are problem free... what problems are you guys having?
    11-13-10 08:11 PM
    agreed... this thread makes me laugh - this case is crap...
    Well, I appreciate your opinion, and your HUGE contribution to the thread... but mine seems to be a good fit and all the buttons are performing great. Thanks again for your opinion, we all know the quote about opinions...
    11-13-10 08:14 PM
    I've had mine for about 3 months now and I like it quite a bit. I don't think it makes it too bulky or ugly. When i'm at work I also slip it into my old 9700 clip case. Problem: 2 days ago, I was taking the case off and broke the tiny piece of plastic at the very bottom of the top. Since it was the micro-ledge that held it on, I can no longer use top piece. suxx, i am going to contact ob. They were pretty helpful when i had my 9700 case.
    11-13-10 08:19 PM
    My previous BB was an 8310 which I kept in a leather CaseMate hip holster case. Talk about bulky! Purchased the Torch on 8/12 put it in the OB a week later. Case has only been off once since and that is when I did a battery pull after upgrading OS. I've had no problems with the Torch or the OB. And compared to last BB & case, looks sleek and slim. Depends on beholders perspective.;-)

11-13-10 09:31 PM
    wish they would make an epik resin for torch
    11-13-10 09:50 PM
    I am not a fan of the Otterbox Commuter for the 9800. It made the phone much larger and heavier, and the top piece looks like something from star wars with the raised ridge. I never had a problem with it coming off, but it is my belief that the added thickness from the case put additional pressure on the phone when carrying it in my front jeans pocket. In the course of about 3 weeks, the screen on my original Torch became very loose and the lower bezel also became loose and developed a "creaking" sound. I exchanged that phone, stopped using the OB case and purchased the RIM holster. Phone number 2 is as tight as day 1.

Yes, as someone said, opinions are like assholes. This is mine.
    11-13-10 10:08 PM
    wish they would make an epik resin for torch
    They do, but for some reason it looks like it covers the screen as well...

CLEAR Epik Case TPU Cover Skin fr Blackberry Torch 9800 on eBay.ca (item 350404112231 end time 13-Dec-10 12:20:42 EST)
    11-13-10 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD