02-03-10 07:04 PM
34 12
tools
    @DjDrew Yes, please post some pics of how they have addressed this issue on the replacement case. I may or may not want a replacement. It's actually pretty easy to move the silicone/rubber out of the way and I even shaved some of the plastic off the charger cables I have and it's a nice fit.

@redwanhuq It's really not. I switched to the commuter from a slim silicone cover and only the buttons stick out further on the Commuter, which is actually pretty nice. Now, the Defender, THAT is too much bulk, at least for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 01:08 PM
    @redwanhuq It's really not. I switched to the commuter from a slim silicone cover and only the buttons stick out further on the Commuter, which is actually pretty nice. Now, the Defender, THAT is too much bulk, at least for me.
    If it is only as bulky as a slim silicone skin it should fit in the OEM holster. I am using a OEM skin with the OEM case and that combo works fine. Can you clarify a bit? Thanks.
    10-03-09 02:12 PM
    It fits in the OEM holster, but it's too tight to use it on a regular basis. My silicone case was even too tight a fit in the holster for regular use. If it's that big of a deal, I know there are after market holsters that should be more accommodating.

10-03-09 02:36 PM
    Is this a two piece case or one? Just dropped my tour and dinged up the metal-look trim surround. No screen damage...

Thanks in advance.

Chris
    10-09-09 09:32 AM
    *Update* the charger port issue still exists with the replacement case they sent me. Their fix was to take off the plastic shell and lift up the silicone whenever I need to charge. I dont think this is a good fix as it can be annoying to do if you are just charging it in the car. Anyway I am confident this issue will be resolved with the first revision.

Otterbox told me to just keep the replacement case. I am totally impressed with their customer service. I will but from them again for sure.

Currently I am trying out an Otterbox Defender.
    10-17-09 08:23 AM
    Can anyone verify that this will work with a Innocase holster?
    10-27-09 09:06 PM
    I have to give it to Otterbox. Just received the Commuter case for my Tour. Looks great!! I would love to hear back from someone using it with a Seidio holster or something similar.

As for service, Otterbox is a class act. I had one of the first 8130 cases. BB somehow switched the config. so the magnet had to be at the back of the phone to move it into sleep mode. I notified Otterbox of this. They did a quick mod and sent me a new holster within the week with the magnet moved. I later asked about purchasing a new clear cover. They sent me a new one free of charge. Great company!!
    11-02-09 08:30 PM
    Put me down as another satisfied customer. I initially had problems with the microUSB charger wanting to fall/pull out on its own too but they seem to have subsided noticeably as I've used the charging port door more times.

One thing I was truly nervous about was dust and sand making its way under the silicone and scratching up the actual phone surface. The case does a great job of keeping the dust out. I used to have a plain silicone skin on my Pearl and it let all sorts of stuff surface scratch my phone. Having the additional plastic shell keeps the silicone tighter and prevents this issue.

Great job Otterbox!

11-04-09 03:38 PM
    For those of you that purchased the Otter Box commuter for the BB Tour and wished that it had a holster for it, well I just found mine. Go to Walmart or Verizon store and purchase a combination shell/holster combo case (I got mine for $12.95). With very slight and simple modifications to the holder, it is possible to use it with the OtterBox commuter case. It holds the phone securely in place and it is easy to take out and put back in the holster. It evens has the magnet that comes with the BB case.
    All that I had to do is use a heat gun and warm the two plastic tabs of the case and bend them very slightly to allow the insertion of the phone into the case. I think it looks great and even matches the color of the Otter Box product. Works Great!

Find photos here: discoverak.com/DOCS/OtterBox.pdf
    02-03-10 07:04 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD