08-23-11 02:06 PM
50 12
tools
    Thanks for the pictures. Think I still might go for the defender.
    no problem. and with you doing what you do i would get the defender to
    08-19-11 08:47 PM
    I like OtterBox, but I had one completely fail on me. The constant on/off to get to the battery and the plastic broke. Like the case, but not the the hassle. Considering the Case-Mate bareley there with my stock holster.
    08-19-11 09:29 PM
    I like OtterBox, but I had one completely fail on me. The constant on/off to get to the battery and the plastic broke. Like the case, but not the the hassle. Considering the Case-Mate bareley there with my stock holster.
    yea but with the 9900 you dont need to do battery pulls as often
    08-19-11 10:44 PM
    Thanks kcpaynev1. I have a couple questions: Does the case cover the crevice between the screen and the outer bezel along the upper half of the device? I'm a little wary of dust getting in there. Also, do you know if the 9900 will fit any of the older OEM pocket pouches with the Otterbox Commuter on? Maybe the 9000 pouch? If so, do you know if the sleeper magnet will function? Thanks a lot in advance.
    08-20-11 01:05 AM
    That case looks so nice.
    When do we get a video Review of it?

This is definitely the case I'll get when I upgrade to the 9930.
    08-20-11 01:39 AM
    I've got one and already dropped it , not a scratch.
    08-20-11 01:50 AM
    Just out of curiosity, why is there a little slot below the camera flash LED on the back of the case?
    08-20-11 05:29 AM
    I ordered an Otterbox impact series case so that it would be easier to pop on and off. It was only $6.44. Came in the mail a few days ago and I love it. Totally worth $6!

This is my first otterbox. I have always used an OEM silicone case when not using my holster. This case has a great feel to it. The bulkiness of the otterbox balances the thinness of the Bold. When using the case the phone flops right down in my pocket, no problem.

08-20-11 05:54 AM
    Thanks kcpaynev1. I have a couple questions: Does the case cover the crevice between the screen and the outer bezel along the upper half of the device? I'm a little wary of dust getting in there. Also, do you know if the 9900 will fit any of the older OEM pocket pouches with the Otterbox Commuter on? Maybe the 9000 pouch? If so, do you know if the sleeper magnet will function? Thanks a lot in advance.
    the case comes up to the screen on the device so dust should not be an issue. and as far as fitting into pouches i do not have one that fits but i can confirm from other people that other phone pouched will not put the phone to sleep case or not.

That case looks so nice.
    When do we get a video Review of it?

This is definitely the case I'll get when I upgrade to the 9930.
    sorry, not doing video review or an actual review at all for that matter. this is as far as i go since i am not good at writing reviews lol. i'll keep answering questions tho
    08-20-11 07:48 AM
    Just out of curiosity, why is there a little slot below the camera flash LED on the back of the case?
    i assume it is for the NFC antenna
    08-20-11 07:49 AM
    looks very nice, hope i can find one at best buy. thanks for the pics!
    08-20-11 08:04 AM
    looks real good man!
    08-20-11 09:29 AM
    looks very nice, hope i can find one at best buy. thanks for the pics!
    Unless you have a hookup at best buy, your better off buying the Commuter on ebay.. Just looked to purchase one for myself, and the Commuter case Buy It Now is $22.95 with free shipping and its of course brand new.

This is the one I ordered : OTTERBOX COMMUTER CASE for BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 & 9930 | eBay
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-20-11 09:45 AM
    Unless you have a hookup at best buy, your better off buying the Commuter on ebay.. Just looked to purchase one for myself, and the Commuter case Buy It Now is $22.95 with free shipping and its of course brand new.

This is the one I ordered : OTTERBOX COMMUTER CASE for BLACKBERRY BOLD 9900 & 9930 | eBay
    Nice, I can't find them on best buys site, i have a gift card that needs to be used up , otherwise that seems like a good deal!
    08-20-11 09:47 AM
    Any one knows if they sell them at the Verizon or sprint stores yet?
    08-20-11 10:29 AM
    08-20-11 10:57 AM
    I got my commuter off ebay for $20 shipped. Its perfect for this phone in my opinion. Feels great, protects well. Their screen protectors aren't my favorite so I'll probably get an invisible shield screen only for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-11 11:39 PM
    I ordered mine off amazon too. I hope its here by Wed when my replacement bold should be here....
    I have always liked otterbox and used to have one for my 9650
    08-21-11 12:16 AM
    Got my Otterbox today from Amazon. Nice fit, but i don't know how many times it's going to standup to changing batteries. I plan on buying RIM's JM-1 charger bundle when it becomes available.

One thing I personally found annoying was the two little rubber flaps covering the micro usb and 3.5 jack. I couldn't get them to plug into their respective slots and stay put. I took a pair of scissors and trimmed them off. I took a boxwave anti glare screen protector from a Dinc2 I returned to VZW, cut it in half and it now resides on the Bold.
    08-21-11 01:31 AM
    Got my Otterbox today from Amazon. Nice fit, but i don't know how many times it's going to standup to changing batteries. I plan on buying RIM's JM-1 charger bundle when it becomes available.

One thing I personally found annoying was the two little rubber flaps covering the micro usb and 3.5 jack. I couldn't get them to plug into their respective slots and stay put. I took a pair of scissors and trimmed them off. I took a boxwave anti glare screen protector from a Dinc2 I returned to VZW, cut it in half and it now resides on the Bold.
    I've been taking my old 9700 out of the otterbox commuter every night for a year to put it on the charging dock without one single problem, I expect the same from the 9900.

joewoo likes this.
    08-21-11 04:34 AM
    Looks good. I wish I could find one somewhere. Been to 2 best buys and 2 malls and no one has it in this area.

I bought mine at Amazon, but I think the Crackberry store cries it now....
    08-21-11 05:31 AM
    I don't have a 99xx, but in my experience the Commuter usually makes the buttons *easier* to push, FWIW. YMMV.
    The buttons are easy to push, typing is not compromised in any way with the case. It slides easily in my pocket. I bought mine as soon as I got it. Mine 9930 feels so good, like a piece of jewelry tha I didn't want to get a single scratch on it. This case is great, I would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about a case. It cost me $29.95 plus shipping on Amazon.
    rrrebo likes this.
    08-21-11 05:36 AM

It takes about a week or so of wearing until they fit with no hassle. I can put my case on complete in under 5 seconds with the two flaps fully fitted and flush. On my 9780, I used a Commuter case for over a year, and it still fits perfectly with no signs of breakdown to date.
    08-21-11 06:12 AM
    I received my Commuter case today. Fits great. No issues with the rubber flaps. They seem to plug into and remain in the slots without issue. I have never owned one of these before and I am really impressed. I feel like it provides very good protection. I would say the only real issue for me is that I would like to get a charging dock and I don't know yet how easy it will be to take on and off. I was not a fan of the screen protector that came with it. It's not bad, but not as nice as the one I had on my iPhone 4 from Steinheil. Hope they will have one for the 9900/9930. The only other thing is that I like the grip I have on the phone when naked. This case is pretty slick. Probably not an issue, but worth mentioning. Overall I would highly recommend the case to someone who doesn't need the protection of the Defender case and doesn't want to sacrifice too much of the thinness of the Bold 9900/9930.
    08-23-11 01:44 PM
    See my post above regrading dressing and undressing the phone with a Commuter case!
    cwbcpa likes this.
    08-23-11 02:06 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD