I've read great things about the Otterbox Commuter case for the Bold 9000. I actually like using silicone skins for around the house and then use my Vaja case for when I take the phone elsewhere. I ripped one of the OEM skins so I ended up looking at the Otterbox Impact series of cases which is essentially a beefier version of the OEM skin with a screen protector thrown in for good measure. They run about $20 direct from Otterbox and cheaper at other places (can be had for around $15 or so on eBay).

Then I started looking at the "Commuter" case, which is essentially the "Impact" case with a harder outside case which clips onto the silicone case. Lots of good reviews on the case itself.

Here's the kicker. Otterbox is selling the Bold 9000 version of the commuter for $18 on it's site and offering free shipping in the US for a few days (to Valentines Day). I'm in Canada so I had to pay for shipping, but they're only charging $9 for FEDEX priority shipping. I liked the deal so much, I scored two (my wife also has a Bold 9000). Shipping for two was just a few cents more.

So, two Commuter cases cost me about $45.70 shipped to Canada (great deal given that our dollar is pretty much at par). Given that these things go for $35 regularly and I've seeing them for $45 each up here in Canada, seems like a good deal to me.

I had to check and double check to make sure it wasn't a typo. Sure enough, the other versions of this case run about $35 on their site.

My guess is they're clearing out old stock since the 9000 is an old phone (despite the fact us Bold 9000 users love it to death).

Just sharing the love. Go to "Otterbox" for the deal.
    02-12-11 06:48 PM
    TBH, i got my otterbox for $10. It was a new case @ Ross clearence, just no packaging. works perfect though
    02-16-11 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD