Hey guys,

So I had ordered my Otterbox Commuter case a few weeks ago (December 14), and it got here today (December 27). I had been waiting patiently, waiting by the mailbox everyday, and viciously protecting my 9700 until it's arrival.

I just wanted to let you guys know that this case is GREAT. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to protect their phone.

First off, installation is a breeze, you just put the screen cover on (I'm OCD so it took about 5 minutes) then slip the rubber case on, then the hard part of the case.

As soon as the case is on, the phone feels sturdier, you can literally feel, while you're holding the phone, that the phone is incredibly well protected. I'm still very careful with it, and thankfully i haven't dropped it in the few weeks that I've had the phone, but now I know for sure that the phone is protected in case I do mistakenly drop it.

It adds just a tiny amount of bulk, but it's the right kind and right amount of bulk. It just makes the phone feel sturdier. It doesn't add much weight at all, I believe on the Otterbox website it says the case weighs in at .65 ounces. The sides of the case don't cover up the outside keys (Q, A, alt, P, del, enter).

It has perfect cutouts for the LED, speaker, camera, flash, all buttons are covered but VERY usuable (the rubber over the buttons(lock/convenience buttons) doesn't hinder usage) and it has little "plugs" for the headphone jack and charger jack.

If you use a charging pod, the case is sturdy, protects the phone well, but easily taken off/put on, i can take it off in 5-10 seconds, and have it back on in the same amount of time.

The only thing anyone should/would complain about the case is how it "covers up the beauty." And while it does cover up the chrome bezal, it still has a sleek, sexy look to it that I'm loving.

If you are looking for an amazing case for your investment in the 9700 as the best phone ever, I would highly suggest the money for this case.
    12-27-09 02:40 AM
    I agree 100% I am loving this case. I have had it for about 2 weeks or so. One nice feature I found is that it fits nicely in the OEM holster of the bold 9000. Just one little added bonus! Thank you for posting this info!
    12-27-09 02:44 AM
    I just ordered mine tonight. I hope I like it when it comes. Everybody is raving about it. I just had to check it out.
    12-27-09 03:04 AM
    I had never been a big fan of the cases, however this case adds that protection and a little bit of bulk that the 9700 needed. You will like it!
    12-27-09 03:10 AM
    Dropped mine today in my work vehicle.. ugh. Only damage was it cracked the Flash LED cover. I ordered a replacement housing and the Commuter case.
    12-27-09 04:30 AM
    OK, that does it. I'm ordering this Otter Box right now. My 9700 arrives tomorrow, and I've been looking over about 4-5 different cases from various mfg'ers trying to decide which ones were of quality workmanship & design. The Otter Box Commuter was towards the top of that list, but as I can't examine it before buying, I'm relying more on the good opinions of others on several threads that give it a thumps-up. Hope so...Can anyone give a tip on the best place to buy it?
    12-27-09 07:09 AM
    Thanks for the review.
    12-27-09 07:31 AM
    Case-Mate Hybrid looks to be a solid choice as well without any bulk and it comes in a few colors.
    I just got one and so far so good
    12-27-09 08:32 AM
    Too bad the otterbox (makes your phone) ugly as ****,
    Too bulky, not subtle, not a 'smooth' design, the Hummer under the cases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 08:38 AM
    Too bad the otterbox (makes your phone) ugly as ****,
    Too bulky, not subtle, not a 'smooth' design, the Hummer under the cases.

You know if this was the defender case I would tend to agree with you but in all honesty in person this case doesn't look nearly as bad as you might expect. I debated for several weeks before I went ahead and gave this case a try and I am glad I did.

And as always everyone is entitled to their personal opinions

12-27-09 10:45 AM
    1 thing that I believe would be a improvement on this case would be if the hard plastic would have a rubberized texture to prevent sliding on surfaces when you do finally set this device down

12-27-09 10:47 AM
    thanks for the review im considering getting the defender when it comes out though
    12-27-09 10:57 AM
    I was looking at this one, but I wanted to take a peak at it prior to ordering. It looks like they must be finishing production. It is on the website, just not able to place the order yet........bummer.

BlackBerry Bold 9700 Cases // BlackBerry Bold 9700 Defender Case // OtterBox.com
    12-27-09 11:27 AM
    Gr8t case! I always use silicon skin on all my BB rather than any other type of case. After trying this Otter commuter, it changes my mind. I adds little bulk and weight comparing to a few of my silicon skins. It feels solid and very well build. I personally like the overall look it adds to my 9700. Just like the other post, plastic part makes it a little slippery.

12-27-09 11:41 AM
    it really is the best case
    at least that i've ever used
    12-27-09 11:42 AM
    I thought I might show the photos I took of mine. About half way down this thread are the photos I posted of my commuter case in the 9000 OEM holster.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/ott...25/index3.html
    12-27-09 11:46 AM
    I forgot to mentioned that in my case, it reduces squeaky frame feel as well as light bleed. They are still there, but almost not noticeable. Pretty nice!

12-27-09 11:53 AM
    I have to say, Just got the Case via Christmas present and I LOVE the way it looks. Its not Ugly at all. Maybe it would be a personal preference But I am really happy with it.
    12-28-09 03:45 PM
    ...Can anyone give a tip on the best place to buy it?
    Got mine in eBay for $28 w/ship. The only "negative" issue
    I can think of and is not the case's fault, is that I
    can not use the slick charge pod I bought before I got
    the case. Unless I remove OB every time I need to
    replenish the B2. It is more than a (fair) trade off if you
    ask me.
    12-28-09 11:08 PM
    I can't wait to get mine! But I have to wait till I come back from Florida to get it
    01-04-10 12:08 PM
    I caved in and ordered the commuter too....I also took a chance and ordered an OEM Tour holster, hoping the 9700 commuter would fit inside lol
    01-04-10 03:25 PM
    Just got my Otterbox Commuter case for my Tour and I LOVE IT.
    01-04-10 03:34 PM
    Got mine in eBay for $28 w/ship. The only "negative" issue
    I can think of and is not the case's fault, is that I
    can not use the slick charge pod I bought before I got
    the case. Unless I remove OB every time I need to
    replenish the B2. It is more than a (fair) trade off if you
    ask me.
    Thanks. How hard is it to remove the case when you want to charge on the pod?
    01-04-10 03:40 PM
    All the guys at work that have blackberries have one, its like a bullet proof vest for your phone!!!
    01-14-10 09:17 PM
    Thanks. How hard is it to remove the case when you want to charge on the pod?
    Mine's in the mail but I was at a Rogers store today and one of the sales people had a 9700 with the commuter case on. It took him maybe 3 seconds tops to remove it. Really easy and it's very nice looking.
    01-14-10 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD