The other day I dropped my phone from my lap when I was getting out of my car. It has the otterbox commuter case on it. Well my screen shattered, which I'm not putting any blame on the case. My problem is the plastic part of the case also cracked where it hit the ground. Now, a couple days later, there are several small cracks in various places about the case. Like the plastic turned brittle or something. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
    09-01-10 05:13 PM
    Email Otterbox they are VERY good and may help you out.
    09-01-10 05:37 PM
    An OtterBox failed?
    09-01-10 05:43 PM
    I dropped at least 10times. not a scratch or crack.

U bought your otter from where? There's MIC fake otter that look exact but poor durability.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-10 07:17 PM
    I don't know if I would say it failed. It impacted on one of the rubber corners. I think it was just a situation where it hit just right to break the screen, but there's cracks in the case that are on the opposite side of where it hit. I've dropped it several times from chest high without any problems. Just this once where it fell out of my lap. My car is pretty low so it couldn't have been from 2' at the highest.

I bought the case from Amazon. It came in Otterbox packaging, etc.
    Last edited by TiNuts; 09-01-10 at 09:13 PM.
    09-01-10 09:11 PM
    Yeah, even the Otter Box can't protect the screen if it hits just right. I'd email Otter Box though with some pictures of the case. I bet they'll probably send you a new one.
    09-02-10 12:40 AM
    I have the same case and over the past month the plastic on the left near the button and micro usb port has been cracking.

Last week a small piece finally broke off.

I've taken the case off and plan on contacting otterbox.
    09-02-10 02:17 PM
    Sounds like there's some chemical in the case that's crazing the plastic. Not good.

I just took mine off until I hear more.
    09-03-10 10:40 AM
    Just call customer support their very great and no hassle at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 11:58 AM
    Post some pictures up on here plz
    09-03-10 12:00 PM
    Sounds like there's some chemical in the case that's crazing the plastic. Not good.

I just took mine off until I hear more.
    Not sure why you would take it off? It's still better to have the OB case crack than your phone! Besides, I've had two of them...one for my S1 and one for my S2 and I haven't had any cracking. As with anything there is always the possibility of a few units being shipped that have some sort of issue. There are a LOT of people using the OB cases, so if two people have reported this issue that's a pretty small sample. And I'm sure they will replace the case if it's defective.
    09-03-10 03:11 PM
    Not sure why you would take it off?
    Cause I was a sleep deprived 1doit who misread the post

I thought I read that the Storm case was developing cracks. Ugh.
    09-03-10 08:17 PM
    Cause I was a sleep deprived 1doit who misread the post

I thought I read that the Storm case was developing cracks. Ugh.
    LOL, we've all been there!
    09-03-10 08:34 PM
    my only complaint about the otterbox for S2, a defender, is the holster. they work great about 3 weeks then they wear out. by far the best case EVER. i drive trucks and have had my phone come out of the holster while 8+ feet above the ground. i took a deep breath the first time this happen and to my surprise nothing was wrong. but the darn holster is junk.

as for customer support they keep sending replacement holsters NO QUESTIONS ASKED AT ALL. thumbs up to those guys
    09-06-10 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD