My otterbox commuter case arrived and it fits perfectly with the 8700c holster. The only issue is that the magnet isn't aligned to put the phone to sleep.

Anyways, just wanted to let everyone know. Enjoy!

*update: Added some pictures*
    Last edited by hnguyen; 08-29-11 at 09:49 PM.
    Masahiro likes this.
    08-29-11 09:21 PM
    Wow. This is exactly what I was looking to find out. Haha. Thanks a lot. Now I just have to find a good pocket pouch variation. RIM seems to have only made the holster with the belt clip for the 8700.

Too bad the proximity sensor doesn't work. I wonder if the magnet can be easily moved to another position.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 09:33 PM
    Wow. This is exactly what I was looking to find out. Haha. Thanks a lot. Now I just have to find a good pocket pouch variation. RIM seems to have only made the holster with the belt clip for the 8700.

Too bad the proximity sensor doesn't work. I wonder if the magnet can be easily moved to another position.

I've never done it myself but I have heard people unstitching the holsters and adjusting the magnets.
    08-29-11 09:51 PM
    Am I correct in assuming the 8700 holster has stretchy sides? If so, how well do you think the 9900 would fit in a less flexible all-leather pouch?

08-29-11 09:53 PM
    That's a good question. Hmm I think I may have an 8800 and a 9000 holster somewhere in the storage bin.

If i had to guess, I think it might be too snug on the sides.
    08-29-11 10:00 PM
    No no. Don't try the 9000 pouch. I almost had to surgically remove my 9900 from that thing last time I tried. I was referring to an all-leather 8700 pouch.

08-29-11 10:21 PM
    Thanks for the warning.

I think I may have that leather pouch you speak off for the 8700. But, its somewhere in my storage shed
    08-29-11 10:38 PM
    It looks like there is a demand for a holster to use with the Otterbox Commuter. I wonder why Otterbox doesn't make one? I'm going to write them, I suggest anyone with a Commuter Case do the same. If they see there is a demand for a holster they may accommodate us.
    08-30-11 07:39 AM
    I have used my 8700 holster with so many cased phones now. 9700 with Commuter was a perfect fit. My new 9900 with Commuter is slightly too long but the flap still closes so it's good. I bought a new all leather horizontal 9000 holster but it was too tight so I went back to the 8700 holster.
    08-30-11 09:20 AM
    So does the Otterbox Commuter case fit in the holster that comes with the phone?

If not, how about the OEM soft gel?
    09-03-11 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD