Hi guys!

Well I ordered my an otterbox on saturday. It shipped out monday and is coming in tomorrow. I work in Fire/EMS so I just kind of figured that it was a smart choice. I did have the Innocase but after about 2 weeks of use, it prevented my phone from clicking. But I am sure the otterbox provides great protection, does anyone dislike them for a certain reason? Just want to make sure it's a good case for my needs!

I still love the vaja case though! I believe I'm going to order one when I get paid next thursday! I've picked out the i-volution top SP and I'm going to get the belt clip on it. Does anyone have any comments on the material quality of that case? How does the clip hold up?

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    05-13-09 06:42 PM
    I have it and i love it. The only knocks against it is the size and the screen gets a watery look because the screen protector clings to the screen. You cant see it when the screen back light is on.

Are you worried about dropping it?
    Are you worried about getting dust under the screen?
    Are you worried about getting it wet?

If you said yes to any or all and your not worried about the size then yes its a great deal.
    05-13-09 06:55 PM
    Excellent choice of case. The only problem i ran into was using the "the perfect storm" theme. the activation for the scroll icon was located in the edges of the screen so i couldnt use it and end up deleting it. Now, im using other theme and I have the perfect storm now.
    05-13-09 07:04 PM
    Great choice! will make your storm almost bomb proof, holster works great, overall it is a great case for the price...

That watery/oily look mentioned above, I found the best wat to get rid ogf that is actually kind of funny...

I spend days going over my screen protector and the built in one on the otterbox with my felt cleaning cloth and it seemed that the more I cleaned it the worse it became.... I was seriously frustrated with it and just about at my wits end, when I cam across a post here that gave the fix straight from otterbox support.

to get rid of the water/oil look, before installing your storm into the otter box, wipe the screen and inside of the box with an unwashed slightly oily finger. Not a filthy/dirty/grubby finger, just an unwashed finger. Make sure you wipe every inch well. AFter doing this you will no longer see that water//oil look, and the otterbox screen protector will cease to cling to the storm...
    05-13-09 07:11 PM
    i bought one and love it! pricey but worth every penny and i will never look back at this purchase and wonder why i wasted my money like some other things i bought for my phone.
    05-13-09 07:19 PM
    I tried that with my 8350i and it didn't work. It just made it dirty and watery. Haha, go figure. I wonder if there is any other ideas?
    05-13-09 07:27 PM
    There's a Baby Powder trick. Worked fine for me so far going on a couple of weeks.

05-13-09 07:47 PM
    There's a Baby Powder trick. Worked fine for me so far going on a couple of weeks.

OMG!!! This totally work.... now I'm more happy with it. I had Otterbox for a few years now but I had never see this trick, WOW. I really used to hate those water marks... lol

Thanks for the find.
    Last edited by stick2e; 05-13-09 at 08:51 PM.
    05-13-09 08:24 PM
    I tried that with my 8350i and it didn't work. It just made it dirty and watery. Haha, go figure. I wonder if there is any other ideas?
    worked like a charm for me...
    05-13-09 08:54 PM
    I hated the watery look with the screen protector on the screen. I actually took off the otterbox screen protector and went back to using the invisi-shield by Zagg. I love the invisi-shield. The other complaint is the headphone jack not fitting all headphone plugs. I like using slacker radio, but now I have to check which headphones I have with me when I want to use this app.

Otherwise, the case is solid, and the holster holds tight.. It feels solid and has protected my storm from a few falls (due to my little one, who likes to play games on it) so far.

Cheers,
    B.D.
    05-13-09 09:08 PM
    OMG!!! This totally work.... now I'm more happy with it. I had Otterbox for a few years now but I had never see this trick, WOW. I really used to hate those water marks... lol

Thanks for the find.
    I know eh? I was a little skeptical at first, having powder so close to my screen edges and all, but really, after you see the barely there film, I had no issues with it.

I recall someone posting the vid on a forum, cant remember if it was here or somewhere else. Just wanted to regurgitate the tip and help out some fellow users.
    05-13-09 11:13 PM
    Sounds like the Otterbox is going to be a pretty good purchase when I get it!

Anyone have any thoughts on the vaja?
    05-14-09 12:44 AM
    Sounds like the Otterbox is going to be a pretty good purchase when I get it!

Anyone have any thoughts on the vaja?
    Hey Chase,

I just got the OB recently and found that I had the first edition (where the screen cover is completely sealed), I emailed OB and they sent me the second edition the next day; which I received about 5 days afterwards at no cost to me. Just keep in mind that the v2 doesnt completely seal the screen. From what I've read, many OB users on this forum are in all forms emergency services and have praise for this case. The reason why I have the OB is primarily for shock-type impacts from everyday usage to foot pursuits etc. I'm sure you'll have your fair share of shock impacts and probably deal with lots of liquids; just keep in mind where you have it on you when you're at work.

As for the vaja, I cant speak on that. They look interesting enough, but not really my style. Upon looking at the clip portion, I personally dont like that clipping system. I've broke those clips before either the part that attaches to the belt or at the nub part. Mind you, the one in their pictures looks like its almost like a metal nub. I'd be worried about the case catching something as you walk/run by and ripping the nub right out of the leather or whatever the back portion is covered with.
    Last edited by silentcharlie; 05-14-09 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Adding...
    05-14-09 01:55 AM
    Hey Chase,

I just got the OB recently and found that I had the first edition (where the screen cover is completely sealed), I emailed OB and they sent me the second edition the next day; which I received about 5 days afterwards at no cost to me. Just keep in mind that the v2 doesnt completely seal the screen. From what I've read, many OB users on this forum are in all forms emergency services and have praise for this case. The reason why I have the OB is primarily for shock-type impacts from everyday usage to foot pursuits etc. I'm sure you'll have your fair share of shock impacts and probably deal with lots of liquids; just keep in mind where you have it on you when you're at work.

As for the vaja, I cant speak on that. They look interesting enough, but not really my style. Upon looking at the clip portion, I personally dont like that clipping system. I've broke those clips before either the part that attaches to the belt or at the nub part. Mind you, the one in their pictures looks like its almost like a metal nub. I'd be worried about the case catching something as you walk/run by and ripping the nub right out of the leather or whatever the back portion is covered with.
    Sounds like the OB is going to be a winner.

The vaja does look like it has a pretty small clip, but I have heard they hold up pretty well.

Are you a LEO?
    05-14-09 02:08 AM
    Sounds like the OB is going to be a winner.

The vaja does look like it has a pretty small clip, but I have heard they hold up pretty well.

Are you a LEO?
    I've never had the metal nub before, but I'm sure they do a good job at placing it within the leather. For the price, they better. But I do think its cool that you can customize the colours and what not.

My personal preference is carrying my phone face in against my body; quick access to see what went off on my phone and then back into the holster. With the Vaja, it looks like you'd have to take it off the clip, and then open up the clamshell. If I were to get it, I'd get it without the clip, that way I could pocket it or just carry it as is, say.. out for dinner or something.

As for the LEO - I work as an investigator, was supposed to be a LEO back in January but b/c of the economy, was laid off before I started. Just got back from Vegas last month, and want to move there now though lol.
    05-14-09 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD