01-04-09 10:16 PM
38 12
tools
    Here in Canada we have strict gun laws so it's good to know in a pinch that an otterboxed blackberry can save the day

12-13-08 12:00 AM
    I love my otterbox! Its a little big, especially for already having a curve with a full keyboard, but in all reality, its not like it comletely distorts its shape enough to outweigh the protection it provides

It doesnt come without its flaws tho. U have to cut the membrain out for the camera as all your pictures will be washed out when the flash LED goes off against the membrain. Also, the rubber tends to stretch and starts to not fit as snug over time. Otterbox did replace mine free of charge so thats more of a fixed issue for me. And the media card and battery are very hard to remove as the case needs to come off. Good thing is that with a nice big card, u wont be removing it often and as far as battery pulls go, quickpull software does the job pretty well.

So overall, its a great case, probably the best I've had and the only one of its kind to offer this type of protection! It feels very solid! Def recommended!
    12-13-08 10:05 AM
    Otterbox is clunky but I'm clutzy. We go well together. My curve is a year old and not a scratch or a problem.
    12-13-08 10:08 AM
    12-13-08 11:01 AM
    I know the OP already ordered an Otterbox case, but I had to add my two cents... aside from the camera blurriness on my curve, I have no complaints about my Otterbox - it's definitely the best case out there, and worth every penny, IF you need that level of protection.

I had no camera blurriness issues with my Pearl, so it wouldn't surprise me if the OP had no issues either.

Here is a sample of the camera issue.
    12-13-08 12:03 PM
    My Mom has an otterbox and she puts that thing through ****.

It gets thrown around, dropped, ran over in the dirt, you name it.

Her 88xx is still kicking!
    12-13-08 12:04 PM
    Case arrived today and is now on my BB . I must say of all the cases I've seen in stores , nothing even comes close to adding the protection the otterbox does . I am impressed.

Thanks to everyone who posted here convincing me to make the purchase

12-19-08 01:19 AM
    I'm glad you are happy with the otterbox. Wait until you take it to work. That's when you will really love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 01:34 AM
    TY also Cain - I have had the Otterbox on my Pearl since day 1 from your recommendation!
    12-19-08 03:10 AM
    i bought an otterbox case for my ipaq a few years ago. waterproof and crush proof. id buy one but im waiting for sprint to get a new bb then an otterbox.
    12-19-08 04:49 AM
    I cant wait for one for the storm!
    12-19-08 05:21 AM
    You can't go wrong with them I have one on all my crackberrys. There customer service is the greatest

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 10:30 AM
    I have to chime in here and say that I too am a lover of the Otterbox. I got a defender for my pearl, and it is great! I didn't get a blurriness problem with my camera, and I was taking photos yesterday. Seemed to be just fine. I love this case! I'll never have another kind!
    01-04-09 10:16 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD