The UPS man just showed up with my OtterBox case (black) that I purchased from Sprint and I figured I would give you my feedback on it.

Included in the box is a plastic membrane that wraps around your entire phone to protect the screen and buttons. There is a cut-out for the trackball, but no cutout for the camera. Not sure that has any effect on the pics yet, but I don't see why it would as it is crystal clear. The second layer of protection is a plastic case that is in two pieces that snaps together around your phone. The third piece is a rubber portion that than covers the plastic. The cool thing is, you still have access to all of your side buttons and top button as well as a cover that covers your charging port and headphone jack. So, you can do everything you need to without removing a thing. Finally, it comes with the holster as well. The holster has a magnet built in so when you push the phone into it, it locks it.

So far I am really impressed with the craftsmanship and quality of the case. It seems very rugged and the phone operates as if there was nothing on it.

Here is a video that explains it better.

The case cost 49.99 but for me that is money well spent considering the insurance deductible is 100 bucks now.
    02-19-09 11:03 AM
    Nice score! They are the best if you want over all protection. I review it a while back check it out here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/ot...y-curve-95459/

Also might want to place your in here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/
    02-19-09 11:42 AM
    I have the OtterBox also, and I think it's great. The pictures do come out blurred with the membrane on it, so I'm debating whether to cut out a hole around the lens or not. I've also heard there is an echo when using the speakerphone, but i can't confirm that, as I really never use the speaker function. All in all I really like this case for protection, I have a bad history of beating on my devices, so hopefully this one will keep it protected.
    02-19-09 11:45 AM
    Well, after a few hours I decided to ditch the membrane altogether.. I first trimmed it so it wasn't over the keys, but I am way to anal when it come to getting the bubbles out on the screen. So, I cut the front part of the membrane off as well as made a cut-out for the camera. Basically the membrane is just on the back of the phone now.
    02-19-09 05:05 PM
    Ya i only used the main case and holster. membrane was a pain typing.
    02-19-09 05:14 PM
    I have this as well. I cut out a hole around the lens of the camera and there is no membrane on the front of my phone. I use a BSE to protect the screen and nothing over the keys.
    02-19-09 05:18 PM
    I just recieved the Otterbox today! I LOVE it! I'm actually surprised by how much I like it. I am a girly girl who's also a police officer, and as much I'd like to have a pink, sassy case, it's just not practical for my job. I like the weight and little bit of added bulk it gives to the Blackberry. It feels nice and is fun to type on with the silicone cover on it.

I will have to redo the silicone cover b/c it's got bubbles in it. But when I have some more time off and can put the Blackberry down for a minute--I'll use the soapy water and get the bubbles out.

I got it on Ebay for $30 with free shipping. In my opinion well worth the price for the protection it offers my pink Blackberry!!!
    03-30-09 07:47 PM
    I have the otterbox and I love it. My wife put the membrane over the screen for me will little to no bubbles. I like the way the membrane protects the keys, I dont have any problem with typing on it. She also cut out a hole over the camera lens. Don't know why people are complaining about the keys, mine fits like a glove. I know its hard to do a battery pull, but I downloaded the quick pull app, so do that when I need to. Works the same way.
    03-31-09 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD