Otterbox is coming out with a case and holster for the Blackberry Pearl on Oct 17th and the Blackberry Curve around Oct 30th. Right now they are taking pre-orders for the Pearl/8100 case. Otterbox makes great cases that will protect your blackberry from everyday wear and tear. I have the case for the 8800 and have been in love with it every since the first day it arrived via Fedex. Check it out the price should be around $49.99, Otterbox at OtterBox.com: Otterbox, Waterproof Boxes, Waterproof Box, Waterproof Plastic Boxes, Waterproof iPod Cases

Attachment 646
    Last edited by CMEC; 04-19-08 at 01:16 PM.
    10-11-07 03:49 PM
    I wonder how long it will take for them to release the otterbox for the pearl 2 (the camera is in a different place...)

-db

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-07 06:08 PM
    Greetings all...

After recently reading a post regarding the otterbox case for the blackberry I realized there was a new blackberry coming and no current case for it.

The 8130 for those of you who have been paying attention has its camera in a different postion than the original 8100 (the 8100 has camera and mirror stacked vertically and the 8130 is horizontal)

I don't think ANY of the skins or cases currently available will work with the new 8130 beacuse of this new camera placement.

To that end...I contacted otterbox directly and inquired about the possiblity of seeing a case for the 8130 in the near future. I received an e-mail reply from a very nice otterbox employee named bill who said there should be a new case for the 8130 by january or february at the latest...

There you have it folks...official second hand news.... you may thank me now...

ha ha just kidding.

-db

have a better day today than yesterday (repeat tomorrow...)
    10-17-07 04:45 PM
    Ok. DB is the most enthusiastic NON-BB Owner on this site. Lovin it DB!! And cant wait for you to join our exclusive club.
    10-17-07 05:00 PM
    honestly what are the differences between the 8100 and 8130 Pearl? just the features?
    10-17-07 05:15 PM
    Features, new keyboard layout, camera position changed, etc.
    10-17-07 05:18 PM
    damn, i always like to have the newest of something...i feel the urge to upgrade pearls now....but i dont think at&t has the newer one.
    10-17-07 05:19 PM
    Thats a negative deggy. The pearl2 is only being released by VZW and Sprint as it is a CDMA device.. No word that ive heard about a Pearl 2 for others
    10-17-07 05:22 PM
    if it comes to AT&T im def picking it up...i love my Pearl...i love the suretype...works so nicely and saves any word it sees on your phone, even from texts and emails.
    10-17-07 05:23 PM
    berrywhite-

thanks bro... always great to feel welcomed...and yes, my bb lust has been ramping up for this new pearl. I have really been in love with this thing since Blackberry first released it for gsm. If I had a nickel for every time I went into the at&t store or before that the cingular store and lovingly caressed the pearl and thought of switching...well...that would be a big bucketful of nickels.

Deggy-

The BIGGEST difference between the 8130 and the 8100 are: (in no particular order)
    1. video capture
    2. a 2mp camera
    3. The keyboard has been modified (the 8100 was "splashier"? heavy technical term...and the 8130 is much "stiffer" i.e. more tactile feedback)
    and will have (albeit lovingly crippled) gps (yes we may only use verizons not so cheap version of navigation...)

The suretype is the same...

There is already an 8120 in the wild (Italy) and I believe it will have wi-fi (I may be wrong on this I can't read italian...)

-db

ice cream is my friend...and so are cookies...and cake...and chocolate croissants...and donuts....mmmmmmmmmmm donuts
    10-17-07 07:08 PM
    my 8100 has a GPS program i downloaded, but i havent figured out how to use it...or if it even works for that matter...saw a link for it on blueapple.mobi the video site blackberrys can use thats just like youtube.com
    10-17-07 07:14 PM
    deggy-

I am NOT SURE...but I think you need an external gps receiver for the 8100...

can anyone confirm this?

I know they make a bluetooth one and I have heard it works really well...

hope this helps. I wouldn't worry. if you love the pearl im sure at&t will get it...
    to be honest if i was on at&t i would buy the curve in a new york minute. i will have to wait till next year for that (I hope)

-db

hockey rules...
    10-17-07 07:31 PM
    i think the one i have uses bluetooth..just havent had a lot of time to play with it....i bought the pearl because its smaller...i dont really like carrying around a bulky phone like the curve or 88xx...they are nice, i just dont like big phones...but if att get the pearl 2 im all over it.
    10-17-07 08:04 PM
    I was wondering about the the otterbox case for the new pearl, thanks db for sleuthin' that out for us
    10-29-07 12:13 PM
    Thanks for the review! We look forward to hearing your opinion about our new Pearl and Curve cases!
    10-29-07 12:32 PM
    I'm very interested in trying this out for the Curve. Looks like a great case!
    10-29-07 12:44 PM
    I am going to be getting 3 of these....Should be good although i am going to be getting the plain Black/Black and avoid the yellow.
    10-29-07 03:38 PM
    As soon as I get my Pearl, I think I will be getting one of these cases. They appear to provide good protection without too much bulk.
    10-29-07 03:45 PM
    I'm just disappointed that the boxes for the current pearl is not designed for underwater use......

So much for answering my emails while i scuba dive
    11-02-07 04:49 PM
    try a ziploc bag...

it wont work underwater...but it will provide a modicum of splash protection...

-db
    11-02-07 05:00 PM
    Some of those higher end baggies actually do keep the water out at a decent depth. Not that i would trust it with a cellphone.....but you know what i am saying
    11-02-07 05:03 PM

I am NOT SURE...but I think you need an external gps receiver for the 8100...

can anyone confirm this?
    Yea, for the Pearl, you need and external GPS receiver like the Telenav Brick
    11-03-07 09:43 PM
    I have an OtterBox for my iPod Nano. I purchased it after reading how easy the screens scratched up, and it's awesome. I've dropped it on more than one occasion without any problems whatsoever. I could have used one for my pearl about a week ago!
    11-03-07 09:58 PM
    Cool cases!
    I didnt see one for the curve tho. I baby my gadgets as it is. But its nice to have one, never know what kind of situation I'll be in where I'd need to have protection as my BB is always with me.
    11-03-07 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD