02-03-09 08:47 AM
40 12
tools
    As much as i like the otterbox it looks a little bulky. How about the smart skin case from case mate? which one would you guys get?
    01-06-09 03:44 PM
    Depends on your requirements...

OtterBox is ultimate protection, and a bit bulkier than the others.
    01-06-09 03:51 PM
    which ones easier to type with?
    01-06-09 03:55 PM
    No case at all is probably easiest to type with in reality. I have an OtterBox and found it harder to type on at first, but after a few days it didn't seem to matter. I keep my bb nekkid most of the time now and just use a holster except when I think I need the extra protection.
    01-06-09 04:12 PM
    cool. thanks for the replies!
    01-06-09 04:54 PM
    I have the Case-mate Smart Skin and have been pleased with it. Actually type better with the skin on!! The skin comes with a screen protector as welll.

If you are needed a rugged case then go for the otterbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 05:15 PM
    I would go with the otterbox if you want next to perfect protection, but like others said the otterbox dose add bulkyness to the phone, so if your an office exec and need to keep your BB in your pocket the otterbox would not be a good idea, but if you dont mind useing a belt clip and you want good protection id go with the otterbox
    01-06-09 05:19 PM
    Let's beat the dead horse....Otterbox, great for me. I am a lineman with the phone company and need the protection from the elements. Not to mention, my Curve survived a 18' fall from a bucket truck, NO PROBLEMS!!!! The only thing about the otterbox, I had to cut the film around the camera lens. The protective film made the camera useless.
    01-06-09 06:43 PM
    Anything on your belt will get abused, getting in and out of the car, bumping into stuff, etc. The Otterbox is tough, and thats what you need. I was able to break the clip on mine (ripping it off accidentally while entering my restored '69 Chevy truck ), and they sent me a new one no questions asked. Get it from ebay for the lowest price.

I don't use the clear film protector that comes with it.

01-06-09 08:00 PM
    I love the clear case and holster by Speck
    01-06-09 08:04 PM
    i saw a bunch of different clear cases like the speck one but i just ordered the otterbox because i didn't read ONE bad review on it. so i guess we will see! thanks to everyone for the replies...
    01-06-09 11:15 PM
    gotta go with the smart skin...
    01-07-09 10:16 AM
    gotta go with the smart skin...
    too late! i ordered the ottorbox last night. BTW if anyone is looking for a good deal. amazon.com has the ottorbox for the curve for $31 with free shipping.
    01-07-09 02:37 PM
    too late! i ordered the ottorbox last night. BTW if anyone is looking for a good deal. amazon.com has the ottorbox for the curve for $31 with free shipping.
    Great to know! I am definitely looking at the Otterbox for my Curve. I was actually hoping that they would come out with the Armor series for the Curve. I emailed them and they said that there was no way to make the Armor case work with the Curve. So it'll have to be the Defender, which appears to be a great case.

Hey, to anybody already using the Otterbox Defender on the Curve: is there any truth to the reports about the case causing people on the other end of your calls to hear an echo? Apparently this only happens on the Curve.

Thanks.

01-07-09 03:04 PM
    Great to know! I am definitely looking at the Otterbox for my Curve. I was actually hoping that they would come out with the Armor series for the Curve. I emailed them and they said that there was no way to make the Armor case work with the Curve. So it'll have to be the Defender, which appears to be a great case.

Hey, to anybody already using the Otterbox Defender on the Curve: is there any truth to the reports about the case causing people on the other end of your calls to hear an echo? Apparently this only happens on the Curve.

Thanks.

i've heard that from a couple people but everyone else's seems to work fine. hopefully it won't happen with mine but we'll see. i'll keep everyone updated!
    01-07-09 03:33 PM
    i've heard that from a couple people but everyone else's seems to work fine. hopefully it won't happen with mine but we'll see. i'll keep everyone updated!
    I guess using the Bluetooth headset would be the work around if it does happen. Either way, I'm going for it!

01-07-09 03:46 PM
    i've had otterbox and casemate signature leather case. the otterbox i used when on construction sites or when getting dirty, but for everything else i stuck w/ the casemate.
    01-07-09 03:51 PM
    the bb skin for $10 works well, good grip, good protection, and no obstruct to keypad
    01-07-09 03:52 PM
    If anyone is looking for a hard case with good protection...I have to recommend the body glove snap-on case. it has a hard plastic shield over the screen, an optional belt clip if you desire to use it, and an open keyboard. I love mine, it's awesome.
    01-07-09 04:34 PM
    I work in the swimming pool, hot tub/spa industry. Its always damp or dirty. Lots of travel. All weather conditions. The otterbox is indeed bulky but provides the ultimate in device protection. I highly recommend it.
    01-07-09 08:27 PM
    As much as i like the otterbox it looks a little bulky. How about the smart skin case from case mate? which one would you guys get?
    I'm a Truck Driver and I had a Otterbox on My 8100 which Manned the phone up a bit. When I got My curve I put a Otterbox on it. Women don't seem to like them because they are bulky but if You work outdoors where the phone can get bashed,thrashed,and trashed then Otterbox is the only way to go!

01-07-09 08:59 PM
    well I go mountain biking at least twice a week so I think this will be good for me!
    01-07-09 09:08 PM
    I haven't had a problem with a echo but I use a V. X. I. Blue Parrott all the time. It's bulky just like My Otterbox case but that is the best Truckers head set I've ever used! It will smoke a Jawbone like its standing still.

01-07-09 09:18 PM
    Does this case have the "Power off" feature that some cases have? The magnets or what cause it not to turn on when its in the case?
    01-31-09 12:34 AM
    i love otterbox.
    got one for my pearl then when i upgraded to curve i purchased another one off amazon.

-might be bulky but i know first hand this protects your phone -numerous drops on pavement,etc and no scratches whatsoever
    01-31-09 09:13 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD