I just received my OtterBox case for my Curve. Unlike the case for my Pearl it does not fit the profile of the phone very well. The top speaker hole is improperly aligned with the phone, as is the plastic film that encompasses the phone. Is anyone else having this issue or did I just receive a defective unit?
    06-05-08 10:57 AM
    I see you have th 8330, are you sure you didn't order the otter box for the 8300 series... if so then yes it will not fit right....

the 8330 is different in allot of aspects..... Maybe email OtterBox and see if you can send it back. I am pretty sure they have not released any 8330 cases on their site... if they said it fit's the 8330 of it's compatible, then yes contact them and get something done about it... allot of companies are doing this when new devices come out, then nothing ever fits and returns are a pain...
    06-05-08 11:00 AM
    I just check their site, what BS!!!!

I suggest you call and complain. the 8330 is setup differently... but yet they mention that it fits the 8330... um no.... it doesn't

The OtterBox for BlackBerry Curve™ (8300 Series) Defender™ case is a semi-rugged, fully interactive case that enables complete usability of the trackball and camera. All surfaces of the BlackBerry are fully covered at all times, yet the user still has full access to all ports via convenient Silicone plugs. Sync and charge your BlackBerry right through the case! Please note: This case WILL FIT the 8300, 8310, 8320 and 8330 BlackBerry Curve models.
    06-05-08 11:02 AM
    Any update with this problem?
    06-19-08 06:28 PM
    So has anyone found out anything? I am going to be getting my Curve 8330 in about 3 days so I need to know if I should order my Otterbox or just wait until they come out with one that fits properly.
    06-19-08 07:21 PM
    I have delt with otter box many time they have very good CS they will exchange the caes for you call and talk with someone
    06-19-08 07:25 PM
    Okay, but with people before reporting fit problems, I don't want to already wish for dealing with customer exchange if there is a problem.... can this be confirmed that the case fit's good? or so so and not the way it should......

Is it compatible. ?
    06-19-08 07:31 PM
    I agree that the folks at Otterbox are great when it comes to Customer Satisfaction. I had a problem with my Pearl not going into Standby when in the holster. It turned out to be a problem with the magnet. I emailed Customer service and they got back to me within 20 minutes. 15 minutes later they had a new holster on the way and sent me the tracking information. Free of charge. They are awesome.

I have no doubt that they would try to make things right if the case didn't fit. It would just be nice to avoid that situation altogether.
    06-19-08 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD