03-22-09 09:34 PM
55 123
tools
    BlackBerry Storm Defender Case // OtterBox.com

$50 is a bit steep though...

Update 1/15, picture now posted.

Last edited by Hilbe; 01-15-09 at 01:30 PM.
    01-09-09 07:20 PM
    I checked their website a few days ago and the was no info for the Storm. They emailed me stating they were in the process of developing one but no date was given. I had one of their cases on my Touch and I loved it, built like a tank. I don't think you could find better protection. $50 is not bad considering some people will pay over $100 to paint their Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 08:16 PM
    Very steep! But, if its the same quality as the ones I've seen before, probably worth it.
    01-09-09 08:17 PM
    Would be nice if they could make it water proof. Can't have it all I don't guess. I will still probably pick it up.
    01-09-09 08:19 PM
    Would be nice if they could make it water proof. Can't have it all I don't guess. I will still probably pick it up.
    Maybe in the second version like they did for the iPud. Even so it will protect from light rain and dust/dirt.

01-09-09 08:54 PM
    Since there is no need have physical contact with button or ports, it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't completely waterproof.

01-10-09 05:07 AM
    Otterbox always releases these tank busting cases lol. I've never used one but they look really cool. I am gonna stick with my Seidio for now, though.

01-10-09 05:17 AM
    Maybe in the second version like they did for the iPud. Even so it will protect from light rain and dust/dirt.

They have two iPhone cases, but neither is waterproof. I also want a waterproof case so that I can use the Storm as my navigation/music system on my motorcycle. I might go with a bulky, non-Storm-specific Ram box. After all, I'm not going to be carrying it in the box.
    01-10-09 08:12 AM
    Otterbox always releases these tank busting cases lol. I've never used one but they look really cool. I am gonna stick with my Seidio for now, though.

Which Seidio case did you get? I am mulling around the options, perhaps getting an Innocase or Innocase II with a holser or pouch. The pouch from Verizon blows...
    01-10-09 08:16 AM
    I have to see what this looks like. I have a silicone case right now with a Verizon OEM hard case coming today. Amazon.com carries them, so it might be cheaper from them once its available.
    01-10-09 09:41 AM
    their cases are always way too bulky
    01-10-09 10:13 AM
    They have two iPhone cases, but neither is waterproof. I also want a waterproof case so that I can use the Storm as my navigation/music system on my motorcycle. I might go with a bulky, non-Storm-specific Ram box. After all, I'm not going to be carrying it in the box.
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant iPud Touch, Otterbox makes a waterproof case for it. It's awesome. I don't mind the bulkiness at all...

Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-10-09 at 10:55 AM.
    01-10-09 10:53 AM
    Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant iPud Touch, Otterbox makes a waterproof case for it. It's awesome. I don't mind the bulkiness at all...

Yeah, but I'm sure that they won't make an armor case for the iPhone or Storm. To make one waterproof would require blocking the mic/speaker. They don't seem to be willing to do that as evidenced by the iPhone's lack of an available armor case.
    01-10-09 11:38 AM
    Yeah, but I'm sure that they won't make an armor case for the iPhone or Storm. To make one waterproof would require blocking the mic/speaker. They don't seem to be willing to do that as evidenced by the iPhone's lack of an available armor case.
    Agreed, they don't seem willing as of now but it's not impossible. For instance, I have a Yaesu ham radio walkie-talkie that is submersible to three feet for thirty minutes! It uses very thin membranes over the speaker and mic much like now used on the Casio G'zOne waterproof cellphone.

Anyway, I'm very anxious to get an Otterbox for my Storm.

Edit: By the way ylexot, what kind of bike do you ride?
    Last edited by GADGET-GEEK; 01-10-09 at 12:46 PM.
    01-10-09 12:43 PM
    I thought they made a waterproof case for the storm. There is one listed here in the Crackberry store.
    01-10-09 12:46 PM
    Edit: By the way ylexot, what kind of bike do you ride?
    BMW R1200GS. I currently have a Zumo 550 with XM, but I might sell that and just use the Storm.
    01-10-09 12:48 PM
    I thought they made a waterproof case for the storm. There is one listed here in the Crackberry store.
    Yeah, it's a heavy duty ziplock bag.
    01-10-09 12:49 PM
    BMW R1200GS.
    Hahaha me too, I should have figured. Are you an ADVrider inmate?

My Storm wallpaper,

01-10-09 01:12 PM
    Hahaha me too, I should have figured. Are you an ADVrider inmate?
    Of course, same username. I think I've seen you over there.
    01-10-09 02:06 PM
    Haha small world it is.

Posted from my CrackBerry
    at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-09 06:23 PM
    Aren't these cases kinda bulky tho? Always liked them but never want to add bulk to a phone that was made slim, you know
    01-10-09 07:14 PM
    Thanks for this info!
    01-10-09 07:16 PM
    i want one...
    01-10-09 07:17 PM
    I might get this one but the price is steep. Hopefully ebay has them cheap
    01-10-09 07:31 PM
    Yeah, it's a heavy duty ziplock bag.
    so the case isnt waterproof. this is important since i need to find a way to protect my storm at work. I work at a Funiture manufacture and i run a CNC saw. There is alot of sawdust. My palm tx has held up great but the digitzer is sealed.
    01-10-09 07:45 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD