So the otterbox defender case for my Storm2 sucks, they have replaced it 4 times now as it breaks with verly little use. i see the storm1 defender case is designed like my old perl one was and the holster will actually hold the phone.

so im wondering if anyone knows if the storm2 will fit the otterbox defender case for the storm1...they are close in specs except for 1mm off. shouldnt be a big deal id thnk.

thanks in advance.
    03-14-11 03:20 PM
    the holster will work, just use the case for your storm 2
    03-14-11 09:16 PM
    The S2 is bigger than the S1. I got into a pissing contest with a seller on Amazon who sold me a "bulk packaged" OB for a S2. When I got it, it was tied up in a ziplock baggie and it was for a S1. I threatened to report him and he eventually refunded my $.

The phone won't fit in the case. The snap on part is too small as is the rubber piece that goes around it. I've had my S2 case for as long as I've had the phone and have had no problems.
    03-18-11 04:11 PM
    I had Otterbox send me a Storm ! case and it works great. No more problems and if fits perfect.

Mike
    03-18-11 07:33 PM
    Is that the commuter case? I can see the Defender now fitting both the 1 and 2....
    03-24-11 10:17 AM
    Is that the commuter case? I can see the Defender now fitting both the 1 and 2....
    Defender is the one with the belt clip and it won't fit both S1 and S2. I've never used anything but the Defender line so IDK on if the Commuter will fit both the S1 and S2. On the OB site, they're listed as different items for both the Defender and the Commuter.

I had an Amazon seller try to tell me they're the same when they're clearly not. I couldn't get the first layer (the plastic shell thingie) to snap on my S2. I sent that back and got a S2 clip from OB and it fits fine.
    03-24-11 02:06 PM
    i am onto my second defender and its holding out.

One thing i did find thought is that the rubber at the speaker at the top doesnt hold out too well
    03-27-11 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD