08-03-08 01:26 PM
71 123
tools
    Any body know what you can use on the rubber outer to clean and make firm again. Mine is starting to get loose from taking it off and putting back on for the batt pull deal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 07:32 AM
    They guarantee for life so give them a call and they probably will replace the rubber.

BUT on Qwerty keyboards, you can sometimes reboot by pressing the Alt (left side) Right shift (right side) and the DELETE/Backspace key at the same time. You can also find a program called SoftReset that can generally REBOOT the BB, at least, it works on my 8830. Altho, the other day I got into a file permission loop that would have asked permission over 1,000 times and I could not do anything but strip the Otterbox and pull the battery.
    06-14-08 09:53 AM
    Had mine now for about 3 weeks; bought online and got best price ($37 w/ Shipping through Amazon, new, unopened). Yes, it is bulky, but not terrible; and found when using the insert/protector it made it difficult to seal properly (tight tolerances), but I will use it when I go outdoors, not during the work week though. It keeps my curve fresh, no dings, scratches, etc...and I have dropped it.,..THRICE...on hard surfaces with no problems. So, it has saved my investment. I would recomend to anyone who tends to be hard on such items.
    06-18-08 04:04 PM
    I got mine yesterday from Otter Box, I am a first time Blackerry Owner and was scarred to hurt my new device due to my work. I watched a video on You Tube and watched a UPS truck run it over and the device surrived that made my mide up for me. I used all pieces and love it.
    06-18-08 05:32 PM
    I know this section is a little old, but let me ask the many who already use the otterbox. I want one for weekend use ie. jetskis, etc. Is this device practical to take on and off for various activities, or is it a one time on leave it on kind of deal?
    07-20-08 08:53 PM
    I have had mine for about six months on a curve 8310. I put it on for work and take it off when I get home. I have also used it while fishing, camping, hiking, running etc. Great product, a must have for your berry.

07-20-08 09:51 PM
    dromero:

Do you use the clear membrane? Getting that on/off without getting bubbles over the screen can be a problem so I rarely remove the otterbox (which answers the new question by donas2000) and when I do I try not disturbing the clear layer.
    07-20-08 10:42 PM
    I should have asked before, nevertheless, doe anyone have pictures of a pearl with and without the otterbox, side by side. I am afraid this thing will make it too big...
    07-21-08 03:57 AM
    As a new BB Curve user ordered my Otterbox Defender Case from Amazon today for $30.99 with free shipping. Good reviews here helped me decide to get one.
    07-22-08 09:48 PM
    I know this section is a little old, but let me ask the many who already use the otterbox. I want one for weekend use ie. jetskis, etc. Is this device practical to take on and off for various activities, or is it a one time on leave it on kind of deal?

I never found it to be to onerous a task to take off and put on but I must point out that it is only moisture resistant. Not waterproof. If you are going Jet Skiing or the like you would be better off leaving your berry on shore.
    07-23-08 10:00 AM
    Anyone have side by side comparison pictures, with and without Otterbox?

"Onerous" gets my vote for word of the day...good one!
    07-24-08 01:30 AM
    Bump....come one...someone has pictures side by side to post
    07-27-08 02:07 AM
    Got mine today for my Pearl 8110 - First impressions are that it is an excellent piece of kit! Dont think it adds too much bulk, if anything it makes the Pearl look a little bit more macho!!!!!
    07-28-08 06:34 AM
    07-28-08 12:50 PM
    does your otterbox make your pearl echo when ppl call you or is it the clear plastic skin?

thanx
    07-31-08 06:17 PM
    I just got my otter box for my cruve what an awesome case. Yes little pricey but worth ever penny. Best case I ever owned. No problems with call quality and the first layer for the screen and keyboard laid nice just used a little eye glass cleaner. An no wrinkles.

07-31-08 09:47 PM
    I used to have a Pearl with the yellow and black otterbox. It was awesome and really didn't make the pearl that bulky. Actually it improved the feel of it in my hand. I will see if I can find the pics. Recently I finally got my "bumblebee" case for my Curve. Man, I feel much better about keeping my phone with me at work now. My baby is safe!

08-02-08 10:50 PM
    They are the best!
    08-02-08 10:51 PM
    The day I got this case for my curve 8330 I installed it at the office in less than 30 seconds (thanks to youtube). When I got home from work, my two daughters immediately scan my person to see what Dad has for them and instead, see my yeller n black Otterbox. Guess who each had to have one?

08-03-08 05:48 AM
    Here are the pics of the Pearl inside the otterbox......

08-03-08 01:21 PM
    I have to totally agree with you, Otterbox +1 in my book for us Fire Personnel.
    08-03-08 01:26 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD