I see lots of questions about our cases and wanted to get a thread going to help anwser these.
    [ATTACH]Attachment 1553

Attachment 1554

Attachment 1555[/ATTACH]
    Some info...
    FEATURES
    OtterBox 1933 designed for RIM BlackBerry 8800 series
    OtterBox 1934 designed for RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100 series
    OtterBox 1935 designed for RIM BlackBerry Curve 8300 series
    OtterBox 1936 designed for RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8120 & 8130
    Sync/Charge jack accessible via silicone plug
    Use of trackball
    Added bump, scratch, drop protection
    Sleek, slim fit to BlackBerry device
    Acoustic vents on speaker phone and headset speaker
    One belt clip included with case
    ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
    Drop and Shock - Protection against drop, bump & shock
    Water Protection - Not tested or recommended for water protection
    Dust Protection - Dust does not enter in sufficient quantity to interfere with satisfactory operation of equipment
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    Optional Accessories
    Belt Clip (1 Included with case)
    Refurbish Kit
    Colors
    193X-20 193X-05
    Layer 2: Black Layer 2: Yellow
    Layer 3: Black Layer 3: Black
    Belt Clip: Black Belt Clip: Black

Let's talk about the 3 layers.

Layer 1: Thermal formed protective clear membrane to safeguard screen and keyboard against scratching as well as dust and dirt intrusion. ( You can choose to use this layer or not )
    Layer 2: Hi-impact polycarbonate shell.
    Layer 3: Silicone skin absorbs bump and shock (silicone includes innovative retaining features to hold it in place).
    Donaldson vents on speaker phone, headset speaker, and microphone.
    Sync/charge jack accessible via silicone plug.
    Sound transmits through the case.
    You can still use the trackball, camera, flash and vanity mirror THROUGH the Case.

Drop me a line and tell me you read this, and I'll give you 20% off for being Addicted.
    04-11-08 04:03 PM
    Drop me a line and tell me you read this, and I'll give you 20% off for being Addicted.
    Now you tell me!

I just received two Otter Box cases, one for my Curve and one for my 8820. As a fire fighter I need something to protect my device.

I'm going to put the Curve case through it's paces this weekend while on duty. I just put it on.

I did manage to scratch the membrane nicely though while smoothing out the bubbles. Can replacements be ordered?

I'll let you know how the case does after the weekend.
    04-11-08 04:30 PM
    Is that offer retroactive? I could use 20% off the one I just got last week

lgreenberg,

Give customer service a call, I did the same thing putting mine on and my replacement membrane should be here Monday. They shipped out a new one at no cost for the replacement or shipping...

Bob
    04-11-08 05:17 PM
    Thanks Bob.

I did e-mail them after writing that and sure enough they quickly responded back that they'd send me a new one.

Nice customer service!
    04-11-08 05:23 PM
    When you use the credit card to smooth out the bubbles, put the soap/water solution on the outside of the membrane for lubrication, that should prevent scratching it again.

The process is almost like applying window tinting to the screen area...
    04-11-08 05:25 PM
    I read this post and want the yellow one for pearl 8130

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-08 05:33 PM
    When you use the credit card to smooth out the bubbles, put the soap/water solution on the outside of the membrane for lubrication, that should prevent scratching it again.

The process is almost like applying window tinting to the screen area...
    Good call.

I actually used some old Screen Guardz solution I had but on the inside. Never thought to do it on the outside too. Would have certainly stopped the card from getting caught on the plastic - which is what led to the scratch.
    04-11-08 06:58 PM
    My husband put the membrane on mine. He must have done it wrong since it got all these little scratches on it. It doesn't bother me much except when the light hits it wrong, but maybe I should write to them too.
    04-11-08 10:03 PM
    i have an otterbox for my curve. I did not use the clear membrane because i already had a screen protector on it. You guys have a great product. keep up the good work.
    04-11-08 10:08 PM
    I see lots of questions about our cases and • OtterBox 1933 designed for RIM BlackBerry 8800 series

Donaldson vents on speaker phone, headset speaker, and microphone.
    Sync/charge jack accessible via silicone plug.
    Sound transmits through the case.

I've got the 1933 for my 8830- I do not see any membrane or protection over the microphone hole - if the microphone hole is located to the right of the Sparebar/Shiftkey. As a matter of fact the clear thermoplastic membrane has a hole "punched" out in that location.
    Last edited by F2; 04-12-08 at 12:04 AM.
    04-12-08 12:01 AM
    The outer rubber skin on the Otterbox for my Pearl 8130 tore right near the charger plug when I accidentially grabbed the rubber plug when I went to pull the charger plug out. Has anyone tried to fix a tear like this before? If so, what would bond it back together cleanly? I bought some super glue, but I'm afraid it well make things worse than they are. Thought I should check here first.

Thanks

Dan
    05-07-08 11:49 AM
    Now you tell me!

I just received two Otter Box cases, one for my Curve and one for my 8820. As a fire fighter I need something to protect my device.
    Post back how it stands up. Twice now I've forgotten to take off my phone before putting on turnout gear. Fortunately, no damage, but I just know there will be one unlucky call.
    05-07-08 12:47 PM
    I will be getting my Otterbox through the mail soon.

One question. Once you put it on, just how easy is it to take off?
    05-07-08 06:11 PM
    The outer rubber skin on the Otterbox for my Pearl 8130 tore right near the charger plug when I accidentially grabbed the rubber plug when I went to pull the charger plug out. Has anyone tried to fix a tear like this before? If so, what would bond it back together cleanly? I bought some super glue, but I'm afraid it well make things worse than they are. Thought I should check here first.

Thanks

Dan
    Call them - they have excellent customer service and replace the rubber portion
    05-07-08 06:19 PM
    I will be getting my Otterbox through the mail soon.

One question. Once you put it on, just how easy is it to take off?
    Well, if you use the keyboard/screen clear plastic part - getting rid of the bubbles is somewhat of an issue. So while taking the shell off merely involves removing the rubber "gasket" and then opening the clamshell and then the clear membrane, you probably will not want to do it too often. That said, I've done it twice recently to change to a Black keyboard for my 8830 and then to fit my work id card into the back of the shell (barely fits flush).

I have downloaded a RESET program to avoid most battery pulls.
    05-07-08 06:24 PM
    Contacted them today but no case for the curve 8330 yet.

Edit: went on their site today (5/13/08) and they fit the Verizon Curve so I ordered it with 20% off.
    Last edited by culater88; 05-13-08 at 06:59 PM.
    05-07-08 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD