08-04-11 03:24 PM
    nice to see, BerryReview mentioned it back in June, but glad to see it official

OtterBox BlackBerry Bold 9900 9930 Cases Coming Soon - BerryReview
    08-04-11 03:25 PM
    I'm kinda surprised Otterbox got 'em out so fast. But given the delay we've all experienced, they had plenty of time.
    08-04-11 03:28 PM
    I'm kinda surprised Otterbox got 'em out so fast. But given the delay we've all experienced, they had plenty of time.
    yeah for sure, the delay was sooo long... not like the wait for the 9700.

They probably have a better relationship with RIM now and can get pre release devices for the purpose of engineering.

OtterBox has also grown 10 fold in the last 3 yers.
    08-04-11 03:38 PM
    i'm guessing they're part of the made for blackberry program they introduced a while back. they'd get the phones (or maybe just dummy phones) in advance to create the cases.

that being said, not a fan of otterbox cases

i already ordered a RIM soft shell case (shipped today!)
    08-04-11 03:42 PM
    I'm getting the commuter but will also look to see what cases RIM roles out.
    08-04-11 03:55 PM
    I'm getting the commuter but will also look to see what cases RIM roles out.
    the soft and hard shells in some colours are already available to order from crackberry's store.
    08-04-11 03:59 PM
    Nice to see Otterbox ready out of the gate before the phones hit.
    08-04-11 04:00 PM
    Otterbox cases are good at what they do, but I can't put something to plain on a device so beautiful!

Looking forward to seeing Seidio's offerings.
    08-04-11 04:11 PM
    I love my otterbox defender case for my iphone. But when it comes to blackberry's I don't like them as much. I like the blackberry soft covers the best.
    08-04-11 04:47 PM
    I ordered my OtterBox Commuter as soon as I received the e-mail notification! Now time for the device!
    08-06-11 08:00 AM
    Which one would you recommend for someone clumsy who tends to drop the phone on a regular basis?
    08-06-11 08:08 AM
    The Commuter case has faithfully protected my 9700 for the last 18 months, so getting one for the 9900 is a given.

Who knew that an otter could be better at protecting things then a big, mean dog?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 09:00 AM
    Which one would you recommend for someone clumsy who tends to drop the phone on a regular basis?
    Defender, hands down. I've got one on my iPhone, I don't even worry when I drop it.
    JenFromMars likes this.
    08-06-11 09:41 AM
    Defender, hands down. I've got one on my iPhone, I don't even worry when I drop it.
    Maybe if you're a roofer. Haha. For regular falls, any of the Otterboxes should suffice. The Commuter is a great compromise between protection and bulk, barely adding any of the latter in comparison to the Impact.
    08-06-11 10:36 AM
    Only negative of an otterbox case, or for that matter any case, is that you can't use a charging dock. Charging dock trumps otterbox case.
    08-06-11 11:14 AM
    Only negative of an otterbox case, or for that matter any case, is that you can't use a charging dock. Charging dock trumps otterbox case.
    I take my 9700 out of the commuter case every night and set it on the charging dock. In the morning it goes back in, been doing this for over a year with no problems from the case.

08-06-11 11:19 AM
    Otterbox is perfect for what I do but it's just too much for me. I'm hoping the RIM branded OEM hard case that Kevin mentioned is good enough.
    08-06-11 11:39 AM
    Maybe if you're a roofer. Haha. For regular falls, any of the Otterboxes should suffice. The Commuter is a great compromise between protection and bulk, barely adding any of the latter in comparison to the Impact.
    Fair enough, I just figure that with the amount of money I'm dropping on these phones, I want absolute protection haha.
    boys_inter likes this.
    08-06-11 12:08 PM
    I take my 9700 out of the commuter case every night and set it on the charging dock. In the morning it goes back in, been doing this for over a year with no problems from the case.

Agreed, I really don't see a hindrance in taking the phone out of the case to put on a charging dock. It only takes a second and I've never seen any wear on any of the otterboxes I've used from frequent removal.

And if it were to get too worn out, Otterbox's customer service is top notch, they'd probably just hook you up with a new one.
    08-06-11 12:15 PM
    I have a commuter case for my 9700 but for the 9900, i REALLY wanna show off that stainless steel banner and otter box will cover up the entire thing. I may end upp buying a soft shell case but knowing me and my butter fingers, i might just get the oterbox as total defense.
    08-06-11 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD